33" tires

tsailor21

Nope, just mount them and drive. Within a mile or two the fenders will get sucked in and torn off and you will not have a worry after that. :aok:

Seriously though, there is a lot of info on lifts and tire sizes already logged. I'm busy making soup but when I'm done, I'll do a search if you haven't.

B

Mr.510 has been running 33x10.50x15s with the stock aluminum lego wheels, on STOCK ride height, for a long time with no rubbing unless the rear end is fully flexed out. I've been in it a few times up wheeling so I know personally. He had to roll the outer lip of the fenders a tad bit, but other than that they WILL fit stock. The key is not to run wide tires.

The 3+3=33 rule has been debunked quite a while ago, but not a lot of people have paid attention.

Edited by Kingman

The 3+3=33 rule has been debunked quite a while ago, but not a lot of people have paid attention.

Ah, but it is still a good measure! Add a little fender trimming, and you have a pretty well suited setup! If you really like your sheetmetal, its a nearly cut-free way of fitting 33x1250s

rolleyes.gif

debunked? No

Rule? No

Required to mount bigger tires? No

Guideline for a properly setup system? Yes

3+3=33 is the excepted way to mount 33's without having to or at least minimizing trail/flex related damage and "point of no return" modifications. togo.gif

There is nothing there to "debunk" wink.gif

Yea, you should do somethin to make em nice and snug... 33x10.5 is a big difference from 33x12.5 as well too. 33s will put a jab in your mpg, but there is tips and tricks to help there too...

oh ya like what kind of tips and tricks

are you talkig about manual locking hubs and eletric fan because i have a set of fans for a 91 maxima and i was wondering if they would work on the finder

but let me know all the mpg tricks also i am puting a 5 spees out of a 96 -99 in my 92

Mpg tricks for a pathfinder:

-keep it tuned up

-Accelerate smoothly and at a reasonable rate

-Don't speed

I find I get way better mileage either taking the back roads or going on the highway at a speed that may be faster but in an rpm where the engine isn't struggling.

Yeah, my truck (on 3+3=33 with 12.50 wide tires) will get exceptional mpg on the highway....but it takes a LOT of fiddling around to get it to be happy, otherwise it will try to sit at 3500 rpm! I've found that my cruise control will down shift alot, causing me to again, sit at really high rpm's, whereas if I get it up to say, 70 or 75, then back off, it will purr around 1500 rpms (probably more around 1800, but somewhere between 1500 and 2k)..

If you're looking for good gas mileage, 1) you've picked the wrong vehicle (lol) 2) you shouldn't put 33's/lift on it ;)

I find the overdrive kicks out way to easy on these trucks regardless of which tires you have on. There are times where going up a hill mine kicks down where if I had a 5 speed I could hold speed perfectly without gearing down.

I find the overdrive kicks out way to easy on these trucks regardless of which tires you have on. There are times where going up a hill mine kicks down where if I had a 5 speed I could hold speed perfectly without gearing down.

exactly why I wish mine was a 5 speed^^

It takes alot of throttle feathering to get them to sit in overdrive...usually involving going full throttle past the speed, totally off the throttle, then adding only a little bit to keep it going... :thumbsdown:

• 4 weeks later...

3" BL and some trimming...33 x 12.5R15...i donno the backspacing on the wheels...we havent had it on the trail yet but i expect some scrubbing still but we shall find out soon...

DSCN6261.jpg

on my 87 3" BL and 3" SL with 33x12.50R15 and lost of trimming and I still grab from time to time but i think my backspacing 3.75...I also have long travel shocks, panhard relocation brkt and no sway bars...

DSCN5100.jpg

Edited by unccpathfinder

3" BL and some trimming...33 x 12.5R15...i donno the backspacing on the wheels...we havent had it on the trail yet but i expect some scrubbing still but we shall find out soon...

DSCN6261.jpg

on my 87 3" BL and 3" SL with 33x12.50R15 and lost of trimming and I still grab from time to time but i think my backspacing 3.75...I also have long travel shocks, panhard relocation brkt and no sway bars...

DSCN5100.jpg

Bro how many Path do you have?