What oil do you run?

XSrcing

Ran RP for a short while but saw an analysis that shows RP wearing out really fast, and hearing bout their marketing practices. So now i stick with good ol' Mobil1 5w-30 along with various filters, K&N (which i think is over proced, just like RP) bosch, and now i got a great deal on amazon, $12 for a pack of 2 mobil1 EP syn filters which many people swear by.

• 4 months later...

This was broght back from the dead.

I use supertech filters currently, there a rebadged ACDelco filter, which are the same as napa brand, bosch and five others that I forget(On Bobistheoilguy) I have nothing agaisnt fram, I'd use the cheap 4 dollar ones but I can get 2 supertechs for the same price. Acdelco are made by champion inc I believe.

As far as oil, I used any 5w30 in the wd21(currently 10w-30-40?) Mine didnt like anything in the 5w-20 flavor.

And the fact that the newist wd21 in the U.S. is 16 years old and probly has ran cheapO off brand oil for all of those years shouldnt in the least make you think that a syn oil is better. The only plus's that syn oil have over the current dino oil is the longer change interveils.

valvoline max life 10-30 with a bottle of restore ;)

Why do you use restore? That stuff really should only be used on a high-mileage beater by someone who's trying to get some compression back (I believe it fills the holes in scored cylinder walls with powdered soft metal). I don't think it has any cleaning properties.

couple things.

1) fram have always been crap, always will be crap, if you use a fram filter, you might as well just dump crap in your engine.

2) i use carquest 10-40. its made by valvoline.

3) wix filters are the only way to go. (see napa gold or carquest)

I am very anti fram. I have seen every problem imgainable from fram. the only reason they sell is because of marketing..

kind of like insttant coffee, its crap, but people still buy it cause its cheap and marketing is good.

I heard the Fram Extended Guard were significantly better filters than their el-cheapo orange cans of death. You can see one cut open here.

Currently I'm running SuperTech 5W-30 with a bottle of Auto-RX which I hope would stop my slow rear main seal leak. After the rinse phase I'll probably switch to Pennzoil Yellow Bottle 5W-30 or maybe try 10W-30 if the oil leak is still there.

Also, Nissan gave me a "shorty" filter instead of the longer one spec'd for the PF. I didn't know the longer one existed until after I installed the damn filter. I'll make sure to get the longer one next time I buy an OEM filter. I've got a Purolator PureONE PL14160 sitting for the next oil change.

Edited by Towncivilian