NPORA at school

MAXEDpath

Well guys, I'm at school and I have yet to understand why they won't let us on sites such as this???????????? and im surprized how many members are on right now.....

well, most folks have jobs and they are naughty and surf from work... some naughty kids (KYLE!) surf from class....... and then there's me. I go to school full time but don't work...... so i have surf time :jig:

Strange, when I was at school you paid attention to the lesson/lecture or whatever.

Being at school and surfing seems to be a major flaw in the educational system...

B

When I was in school, I'm sure Precise too, The only computers we had, from radio shack, were big, black and white screens, used the big 5 1/4 floppy disk, (some didn't even have a hard drive) and if you had a 286DX2 with 4 meg of ram you were smokin! The ones that did have hard drives were 20 meg and you had to park the disk before you shut down the computer. Other than the floppy disk you could save stuff on a cassette tape just like the ones you recorded music on. That was a rich man's computer there! There was no such thing as windows or a mouse, you had to type in all the commands. If you didn't know the commands you were screwed, the only help section was in a big book. The internet was something used for fishing, the only way to get something off someone else's computer without that big floppy disk was through a BBS.

James

Edited by JamesRich

You're pretending to be DavefromOZ.

Silly Steve Nancy. Mitchell

:lol:

I glimpse in between things on my phone when at work, usually when goeing nuts waiting for parts. Thats about my extent though until I get home

When I was in school, I'm sure Precise too, The only computers we had, from radio shack, were big, black and white screens, used the big 5 1/4 floppy disk, (some didn't even have a hard drive) and if you had a 286DX2 with 4 meg of ram you were smokin! The ones that did have hard drives were 20 meg and you had to park the disk before you shut down the computer. Other than the floppy disk you could save stuff on a cassette tape just like the ones you recorded music on. That was a rich man's computer there! There was no such thing as windows or a mouse, you had to type in all the commands. If you didn't know the commands you were screwed, the only help section was in a big book. The internet was something used for fishing, the only way to get something off someone else's computer without that big floppy disk was through a BBS.

James

LUV IT!!!! I had a Commodore 64...tape drive...floppy drive...9 DPI dot matrix printer tht could print .35 pages a min!!!It had a two colour monitor a joystick and a 3500 baud modem for ...wait for it... BBSing. Ahhh when computer life was so simple. On a side note...with all the crap on this puter...i think the commie ran faster hahahahahaha

Tye

well, most folks have jobs and they are naughty and surf from work... some naughty kids (KYLE!) surf from class....... and then there's me. I go to school full time but don't work...... so i have surf time :jig:

:P i do what i when i want! :lol:

what grade u in MAXEDpath? we have a fairly close bday...

James

I remember our school was really cheap and we were using 5 1/4's still and by the time I graduated high school they were still using windows 98 and ONE of the machines had a 4x cd burner... The machines were quick but the software was old. We could still surf but 95% of the net was blocked off.

James

Hah, pretty much!! I used to mess with the C-64 at Radio Shack, no way we could afford one. I got lucky though, my high school had a computer lab with a Dual 83/20 so by the time I was a Junior I was Root and programming (low level) in C, Pascal and basic. I can program VCR's too. :D

B

• 7 months later...

James

Man, you ARE old :rofl::wiggle:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still young. We had those Macintosh computers that were, like, bubbles with the monitor and computer all built into one thing. Horrible things... But in high school I never used a computer in school...hmm. I was busy taking fun electives (like electricians tech, auto body and auto shop. fun!) Class of 2005!

Jose

Hell Back when I was in School we didn't even have the tech to really surf the net while in class. No one really had laptops(not that you could use them in class like college) but the "smart phones" were not even out yet..... I just graduated HS in '06........