got my UCAs today, you would think id be excited

slade420

ugh! So i ordered some Superlift UCAs from 4x4parts.com and i paid $354.00 to have them shipped to me, only to have to pay a COD of $93.30!! what a rip off, UPS charged 53.05 for broker fee. and 37.60 Tax so ive had to spend 447.97 to get these F#@king things... im sooo not impressed. i wont be shopping there anymore. such utter bullsh*t... as if my build wasnt going slow enough as it is on a shoestring budget... UPS = United Piece of Sh*t. 'what can BROWN do to you?'

4x4 parts charged me more to ship me a 3"bl then a junkyard in Georgia charged me to ship a loaded rear diff. I live in Oregon. Sence I have bought parts i can find elsewhere at those locations.

As a Canadian, NEVER use UPS, Fedex or any other courier service. Use good old USPS. It may take longer, but the raping will not be as bad. I remember reading a couple of years ago that there were some people out east that had started a class action suit against UPS because of their raping practices. I'm sure you could google it. I'm too lazy.

4x4 parts charged me more to ship me a 3"bl then a junkyard in Georgia charged me to ship a loaded rear diff. I live in Oregon. Sence I have bought parts i can find elsewhere at those locations.

Only buy on "Free Shipping Weekends" :aok: But hey they ALWAYS have free shipping when you buy at the store...

Sorry to hear about the cash loss man. You really need to make friends with an American just over the Boarder. That what I do and I send crap to his house constantly. Only downfall is having to pick them up yourself. I haven't been to his house in 5 months and I got about 15 things sitting there waiting for me. Hate to tell you this but I bought Rough Country UCA's from Rough Country. I told them I had a hardbody just as someone else on here did. I mentioned to them I had the Kit already but my vehicle was in a front end collision and I needed replacements. I paid $50.00 USD for each UCA and $15.99 for the bushings. Total shipped was $128.00 AND on top of that I dont have to worry about AC's ****** ball joint angle issue. I've been raped by UPS before as well. Never again.

Sorry to hear about the cash loss man. You really need to make friends with an American just over the Boarder. That what I do and I send crap to his house constantly. Only downfall is having to pick them up yourself. I haven't been to his house in 5 months and I got about 15 things sitting there waiting for me. Hate to tell you this but I bought Rough Country UCA's from Rough Country. I told them I had a hardbody just as someone else on here did. I mentioned to them I had the Kit already but my vehicle was in a front end collision and I needed replacements. I paid $50.00 USD for each UCA and $15.99 for the bushings. Total shipped was $128.00 AND on top of that I dont have to worry about AC's ****** ball joint angle issue. I've been raped by UPS before as well. Never again.

That's the way to do it and that's in the average price range when buying the arms directly from RC for our "HB's" :beer:

As for shipping out of the US, USPS is in nearly every situation, the way to go :aok: I use them when sending stuff to NZ for another member here and it's substantially cheaper :aok:

I order from the US often for work, and UPS calls me every time to verify if I want them to broker the item across the border or not.

you will ALWAYS get screwed on brokerage fees when you pay someone else to bring things across the border for you. The taxes are unavoidable, that is what it is. You should not be paying any taxes at the originating shipping point because they are shipping out of state, so you really didn't get screwed on those.

I haven't looked into it yet, but I assume that there are probably brokerage people out there that don't charge as much as UPS do in fees, so when they make that phonecall, I can tell them no, I don't want them too. I haven't been too concerned yet, as it's not my money, so I'm not so worried. One day I might...

That's the way to do it and that's in the average price range when buying the arms directly from RC for our "HB's" :beer:

As for shipping out of the US, USPS is in nearly every situation, the way to go :aok: I use them when sending stuff to NZ for another member here and it's substantially cheaper :aok:

What year of HB did you say you had?

Yes the front suspension of the WD21 Pathfinders and 4WD HB's are the same across all years, thus the reason you never see a "year" attached to comments like mine ;)

Best bet, use the year that your Pathfinder is, that way you don't get confused while talking to them :togo:

I use them when sending stuff to NZ for another member here and it's substantially cheaper :aok:

Sounds like he's a jerk :D

I've been burnt before, now I order stuff thoughtfully :aok:

Sometimes 2 orders are cheaper than 1.

Dang dude, why didn't you just buy the RC kit? I coulda gotten it to you for like 270 shipped....USPS flat rate international doesn't have customs fees I believe, atleast that's what I read. Did you have any COD when I sent you the shackles?

I figured that you'd already gotten UCA's otherwise I woulda offered! :(

Dang dude, why didn't you just buy the RC kit? I coulda gotten it to you for like 270 shipped....USPS flat rate international doesn't have customs fees I believe, atleast that's what I read. Did you have any COD when I sent you the shackles?

I figured that you'd already gotten UCA's otherwise I woulda offered! :(

No worries man, and no i didnt pay a COD when you sent the shackles.

Another update: after looking the UCAs over, it almost looks like only one of them has the protective coating. they definitely have a different colour. Oh and the one that looks coated, has a spot of rust on a seam. on the under side of the plate where the ball joints bolt on...