Special Edition Plate

sumguy67

I really can't see too much that makes it special.

Side running bars and a few bells and whistles. Not leather or anything.

I'll keep the edition plate on though, just because it's cool. HA!

The bumpers I made myself. High tensile steel. I think they rock, the wife not so much. HA!!!!

Shoot me the VIN and I can take a look into it.

Nissan has in the past sent vehicles out to to third party companies to have them 'dressed up' for sale in limited numbers with special things on them such as the Chillout R50 and the Desert Runner D21 back in 1986. Never heard of anything like this though with a WD21 and never heard of any ever produced in the US.

Edited by Alkorahil

I've seen one of those in a junk yard a long time ago. I would think a "special edition" would have some kick ass options like different body cladding, different wheels, POWER and memory seats, power folding mirrors, wood grain trim, accented leather (duh), upgraded stereo with a subwoofer, power sliding sunroof, door light inserts, upgraded gauges, etc. Kinda like Ford's first generation Explorer Limiteds...those things are plush as hell.

Edited by Kingman

If it makes any difference, both of us are in canada. The one I had came with the oem cd and tape player, dark red pinstriping, little strips of chrome trip around the fender openings and I don't remember what else. Other than that it was your regular 95 XE pathy lol. It was the same colour as sumguy's was before he painted it.

Edited by adamzan

If it makes any difference, both of us are in canada. The one I had came with the oem cd and tape player, dark red pinstriping, little strips of chrome trip around the fender openings and I don't remember what else. Other than that it was your regular 95 XE pathy lol. It was the same colour as sumguy's was before he painted it.

Ya, mine has the cd/tape player.

Factory alarm.

Cruise

Roof rack

Rear wind deflector

Rear tire carrier

Power windows doors

LSD

Power/cruise transmission switch

Can't think of anything "special" though.

It did have some fancy decals on the side???

Here are some pics earlier in it's life:

http://picasaweb.google.ca/106952140359333266362/Pathfinder2004#

Ok, now that I've seen my own pictures (HA!) I see that it is an XE, but it has SE on the side???

Edited by sumguy67

Cant get that VIN to pull up. Called a buddy up in Canada to see if they could, same thing.

Should read JN8HD17Y8SW-054835 Did you copy it down correctly?

I suspect the last 6 numbers are jumbled around. I can say it was manufactured 01/95.

Cant get that VIN to pull up. Called a buddy up in Canada to see if they could, same thing.

Should read JN8HD17Y8SW-054835 Did you copy it down correctly?

I suspect the last 6 numbers are jumbled around. I can say it was manufactured 01/95.

100_1658.JPG

pictures v.s. words

Edited by sumguy67

I see the vin mis-match issue :fireworx:

JN8HD17Y4SW054835

Not that I'm one to judge typos with my spelling issues...

Ya, I have trouble combining letters and numbers when using my fingers and toes to remember. :wacko:

I'm sure it's been used as a marketing ploy by local car dealers and ambitious private sellers. "Special edition, RARE!, #xx of only 300!"

Yes but thinking back I've never seen any dealer specials with the manufacturer logo on the id plate. Even some of the big ones I can think of like Choo Choo customs for GM trucks or in my case an ASC McLaren foxbody mustang convertible I once owned. They couldn't or wouldn't use the Chevy or Ford logo as part of their ID, logo, or numbering plate.

• 1 year later...

Talk about limited. There is a Pathy running around where I live with a turbo, v-tech, and gt-r badges. I tried to talk to the kid who owned it but he drove away.

somebody likes the ricer isle at pep boys :rofl: wonder whatever happened to the pic of the overseas wd21 that used to float around that had 3-4 contradicting badges on the back and altezzas (yes wd21 altezzas) :shrug:

I am curious.

I contacted Nissan and gave a link to the picture of the badge and VIN.

Let's find out what they say.

Edited by jwblue

I also ran the VIN number in the FAST program tried under the US, JP, GL & GR sections and that VIN number will not come up, WEIRD

Same, I ran it through US 1 and 2 of FAST 12/2010 and nothing found.

I am curious.

I contacted Nissan and gave a link to the picture of the badge and VIN.

Let's find out what they say.

Dear xxxx xxxxxxxx:

Thank you for taking the time to contact Nissan North America, Inc.

In regards to your inquiry, we apologize that the information you are seeking is not available. We apologize a more favorable response could not be given.

Please feel free to contact us at 1-800-647-7261 (Nissan Consumer Affairs) with any questions or comments.

Sincerely,

Nissan North America, Inc.

Beverly Ann H. Liwag

Consumer Affairs Representative

Nissan Consumer Affairs

Dear xxxx xxxxxxxx:

Thank you for taking the time to contact Nissan North America, Inc.

In regards to your inquiry, we apologize that the information you are seeking is not available. We apologize a more favorable response could not be given.

Please feel free to contact us at 1-800-647-7261 (Nissan Consumer Affairs) with any questions or comments.

Sincerely,

Nissan North America, Inc.

Beverly Ann H. Liwag

Consumer Affairs Representative

Nissan Consumer Affairs

That is so strange, We have to track each engine and have full data sheets that can be pulled on every single engine we sale, How is it a car company can be given a VIN # and say they cant find it, That is a JOKE.