Something For Any Old Timers On Here

ahardb0dy

Hello all, I got something I'm currently scanning into the computer for any "old timers" out here that may remember this, stay tuned

How old timer, and a Nissan old timer, or a board old timer?

sorry had a lot of stuff to scan into the computer, done, now have to upload everything so I can post it here.

Old timers I guess as far as age goes cause this stuff came out in the late 80's, around 88, be back soon......

Ok, here we go blast from the past, the complete Jim Conner Racing Catalog circ. 1988, also a few extra Nissan truck related ad's, for those too young to remember this, this was basically the ONLY source of Nissan parts other than maybe Cal Mini at the time. Wish they were still in business today.

20utvsp.jpg

11jvx51.jpg

aouu1k.jpg

r7vfx4.jpg

x1k4l5.jpg

b7c576.jpg

k05xcx.jpg

23t2lo5.jpg

ixgug5.jpg

5o8ujb.jpg

Sweet!! Thanks for doing that, I'll have to look at that closer when I'm not at work.

Is it just me or do those UCAs look exactly like the ones posted in the For Sale section by Red, the Washington Craigslist ad? The ones we thought were AC arms?? Or do the AC arms look identical to the old JCR versions?? :scratchhead:

B

No problem, I like posting old stuff like this for the younger generation to see, you should see my thread in the boombox forum that I belong too, it's about 5 pages longer than this one just with old ad's and stuff!!

that's what I said in that thread, but I think I remember way back that Automotive customizers bought all of JCR's inventory when they closed shop. Just found out last night the JCR is still in the race business but not with Nissans.

On my 87 Hardbody I had the reinforced uca's with the optional mounts to use triple shocks with the hoops, I had a lot of stuff from this catalog back in the day. I'll have to check in storage but I think I still have the dual shock mounts for the rear don't know if they would work on the pathfinder though.

Actually, looking at the UCAs and the Pre-runner bumper parts, it looks like AC might have bought the rights to the designs or something.

"I think I remember way back that Automotive customizers bought all of JCR's inventory when they closed shop. "

anyone know about the UCA's with welded in ball joint spacers, compared to whats out there now? It says ball-joint spacers are the best way to lift the front. For the tubular ones it also said they provide a full 2" of lift.??

Awesome pics BTW, i love the retro stuff.

All those pretty UCA's, in their pretty colours... :blush02:

Nice!!

I'm not old enough to remember all of that first hand but i still do have an appreciation for it all.

Bummer that it seems Nissans don't play in the dirt competitively has hard as they used to. Does anyone really know the full story to Nissan pulling back sponsorships in racing?

the ball joint spacer welded in I guess was just the first way they figured out how to get some lift out of the Nissan front end (at a reasonable cost as I'm sure there were custom race style arms available for a long time), I have seen other companies (all long closed down) way back in the day doing the same thing. The newer tubular UCA's eliminate the spacer by changing the angle that the ball joint sits at in the UCA and thereby eliminates the need for the spacer. If you think about the design, cranking the torsion bars is what provides the lift by moving the lower control arm down, of course the upper control arm has to follow since they are connected by the spindle, so cranking the bars with stock parts limits the amount of lift because the upper arm will hit the bumpstop sooner, guess that's why people started replacing the bump stop with lower profile ones. Anyway, throw a spacer in and it allows the UCA to be moved lower providing more lift. Of course we know what happens when you crank the bars too far as far as the ride and cv angles are concerned.

the colored arms and available at no extra cost too!! what a deal!! Anyone compare the prices to today's parts yet? The price lists I posted are jobber price sheets from my old job.

Edited by ahardb0dy

WOW that great, thanks for posting! :beer:

I emailed sometime ago with Jim Connor when a member hear turned up with a truck he had bought with the parts reinstalled.

I remember Jim saying that he had sold the company... or was it product line, don't recall now, long ago and he "thought" that the guy was still making all of the parts.

But as we know, the two state parts and obviously many others are no longer made. So now, it's time to find out if "they guy" was the owner of AC. Or maybe AC cloned JCR's UCA?

I'll see if I can dig up the emailed between Jim and I again :aok:

just noticed this, this should answer the question on whether or not AC parts took over from Jim Connor Racing, notice the background, the truck the parking lot:

from JCR catalog:

23t2lo5.jpg

from 4x4 parts web site:

rkxxtw.jpg

and since JCR was around BEFORE 4x4 parts..........

Edited by ahardb0dy