Re-indexed the torsion bars last night

eazzrider

When I bought this thing the front fenders were down about 2 inches below the top of the tires. With a little help from one of my sons, we reindexed the bars after learning how on this forum and it now sets a lot better. I picked this thing up for $350 from a college kid who had it parked behind a barn. To tell you the truth when I first saw it I wasn't sure it was worth it. After a tune up, replacing the sunroof which was a piece of plexiglass, replacing both window regulators, installing a new stereo system and changing out all the switches on the dash,I have everything working except the A/C. That can wait till Spring. I know it has way too small of tires on it, but I am looking for some good used treads. I have about $800 invested so far.

100_0234.jpg

165,000 miles. Next item on the list is to tear into the engine and replace water pump, timing belt and broken exhaust stud. It should be ready to run a long time after that. The Nissan is my secondary mode of transportation so it will only see around 1,000 miles a year. My primary mode is this:

arknsasfallfoliage2006006.jpg

I just wish the Pathfinder had as much horsepower as the Kawasaki.

Edited by eazzrider

Next item on the list is to tear into the engine and replace water pump, timing belt

Smart...

Nice, that is a Concourse, correct, or is it a GPZ they made again a few years back?? Too much baggage for me to tell... :D I bet that once you start driving the Pathy, it'll see a few more miles than that.

B

that is a very nice looking truck. the tires look a little comical though. you should definately be good to go after you do those engine things you have planned. i had that done to mine right after i got it too and everything is great.

When I bought this thing the front fenders were down about 2 inches below the top of the tires. With a little help from one of my sons, we reindexed the bars after learning how on this forum and it now sets a lot better. I picked this thing up for $350 from a college kid who had it parked behind a barn. To tell you the truth when I first saw it I wasn't sure it was worth it. After a tune up, replacing the sunroof which was a piece of plexiglass, replacing both window regulators, installing a new stereo system and changing out all the switches on the dash,I have everything working except the A/C. That can wait till Spring. I know it has way too small of tires on it, but I am looking for some good used treads. I have about $800 invested so far.

That was a great deal!

Practically stole it!

800 and your driving it? Not too shabby man. Do your planed motor maintnance and you should be good :aok: . And yes it does look like your riding on some spare tires but at least they are round and all the same size

31x10.5-15" tires fit nicely on those wheels. They shouldn't rub and there are a lot of different makes/models to choose from. I personally prefer BFG A/Ts. You should be able to find a decent used set locally so long as mounting and balancing doesn't kill the deal. If you happen to find a wheel/tire combo for a good price the wheels are 6 lug on 5.5"(139.7mm) and you will need at least a 4" center bore to clear the hubs. Backspacing should be no more than 4" for a rub-free fit.

Edited by KovemaN

Picture this. The front end is laying on the ground, It has rags for tires, there are some aluminum running boards hanging off it, the sunroof is gone and there is plexiglass in the hole, the windows are half rolled up and duct tape is covering the holes, no outside door handle on the drivers side, the engine runs like crap because the thermo choke is froze up, the carb. adjustments are way out of whack, and it's running on 4 cylinders due to bad plug wires and a cracked distibuter cap, none of the switches like for the cruise control, the rear window defog, the back hatch etc.... are working. I almost walked away from this one but the body was great and the interior is perfect. After a couple of junkyard runs and some e-bay deals all is well.

The wheels on your truck came from the factory with 31x10.5's. 30x9.5's will fit, but aren't the size that the wheels were designed for. :aok:

No, if he is just going to drive it, i would stick with 30s...Didnt some of the XE finders come with 235s anyway? does not matter what wheel size he has. as long as its a stock 15 inch wheel, he can run any tire he wants and it will work.

No, if he is just going to drive it, i would stick with 30s...Didnt some of the XE finders come with 235s anyway? does not matter what wheel size he has. as long as its a stock 15 inch wheel, he can run any tire he wants and it will work.

Yeah the XE came with 235/75/15 or 215/70 or 75 i think /15. Says on the plate in my glovebox.