The shallow end of the gene pool

k9sar

I was driving to work today and passed a light brown Honda minivan that was wandering around in it's lane. Now, we're on an expressway doing 70 in bumper to bumper traffic and here is this bitch driving, holding a book open on her steering wheel, reading as she drives. I've seen people looking at the paper in traffic jams or stop-n-go traffic but this was s friggin novel. Big-assed hardback book. Worst part is that there were 2 car-seats in the back with little kids in them. It it was just her, I would have swerved and laid on the horn.

The stupidity of people amazes me sometimes. It's like that teenaged aunt that was playing a game with her neice toddler while at the laundramat. She was helping the little girl crawl into the dryers and front-load washers. Then the door shut and it turned on. After the frantic rescue from some guy prying the door open and busting the hinges off to get her out, the aunt seemed amazed that she was in trouble for her actions.

Edited by k9sar

Never underestimate the power of stupidity!!

Yeah, I have seen my share of really stupid things and it makes you wonder how those people managed to make it that far in life. Unfortunately, when they do go, they often take others with them...

B

Or even worse, their stupid actions take down others, and they remain unharmed.

There is some truth to the saying 'ignorance is bliss'...

Was driving home yesterday and saw a woman talking on her cell phone. A very common sight, but this woman was having trouble talking and driving at the same time. She spent more time on the shoulder than in her lane. Moral of the story?

633821132949292700-thekitchen.jpg

really, i'd prefer a woman doing something like reading or a cellphone, versus a teenage boy swerving in and out of traffic going 2x the speed limit with a blaring stereo and no driving experience, with his friends hanging out of the windows hollering at other kids and trying to touch hands with other vehicles....

Real life experience. Lawl.

I think that you have to pass a stupid exam before they let you buy a Honda minivan. (Or they are inherently hard to control.) I have never been behind one that wasn't doing something stupid; swerving, going 15mph under the limit, etc.

I wish it was legal to run the idiot drivers off the road.

hah one time i had a honda minivan tailgating me quite seriously, and she was even honking the horn as if i should close up the gap in front of me. (i always maintain a gap in front of me) keep in mind this was in medium freeway traffic in a really hectic section. i could see her freaking out, waving her hands in the air with anger...

so i slammed on the brakes, only for a brief moment, but just enough to show her how good my Brembo discs / HPS pad cambo works. Locked up my 32" BFG's at 60 mph! You should have seen the look of shock on her face. Her eyes were wide open as dinner plates and her mouth was gaping open.

She backed off right away :jig:

GG, I feel the same way about gold or tan Camry's. STAY THE HELL AWAY.

It seems the smaller the car, the dumber and more dangerous the driver too... Yes red mid 90's Tauras, I understand your in a hurry and can't pass me on the dark windy road at 11pm and I keep goeing slower and slower the more irate you show you are...but must you cut me off and try to stop early 90's Geo Storm while I'm in a Chevy HD with a fullsize van on the back? If I didn't know how to react/drive your future may not be soo bright anymore...

On the way to the Chiropractor the other day. Me and my dad were on the freeway doing about 70 and the car in the next lane was pacing us, and I look in the mirror and this car comes flying up behind us closer and closer, so my dad gets on it to go ahead of the car in the next lane and get over to let the yahoo past us. Well, I guess he was really in a hurry because all of a sudden I see the car swoop out from behind us and jet IN BETWEEN our truck and the car next to us in the next lane probably with a foot of room on each side and then bam he was gone. He had to have been doing 100+. Me and dad looked at each other like WTF then we looked at the lady in the next lane and she looked at us like WTF. It was crazy!

Then he got off at the exit maybe a quarter mile up the road.

While I was towing my friends jetta with my dads pathy some guy in a nissan versa pulled on and cut in front of me so close i thought he hit the truck.

And I get the women in minivans raging and tailgating me all the time (I usually drive around the limit) with their kids in the back.

I wish it was legal to run the idiot drivers off the road.

x3 :aok:

Sad thing is that there are laws in place to protect stupid people.

Survival of the fittest no longer applies P...

I was once attacked by a A-hole in the wal-mart parking lot.He said I was going to fast.I was going 15-20 mph going down a long isle.Wtf?

I hate people that drive ford products...especially kids or late 70s/80s chevy pick ups and blazers.They act like there badass cause they have 40 inch tires but when you look under the bed you see 10 bolts.

I hate people that drive ford products...especially kids or late 70s/80s chevy pick ups and blazers.They act like there badass cause they have 40 inch tires but when you look under the bed you see 10 bolts.

If you want to complain about mall terrains, you might make a new thread about it, I can forsee alot of complaining/making fun of them happening and would be nice to keep it in one place

I was once attacked by a A-hole in the wal-mart parking lot.He said I was going to fast.I was going 15-20 mph going down a long isle.Wtf?

What an absolutely idiotic statement, extremely blind and broad. I'm a Ford man and almost all of my family and related family friends are Ford people as well. ANY truck can have 40 inch tires and a guy driving that thinks he's the biggest bad ass in the world.

What an absolutely idiotic statement, extremely blind and broad. I'm a Ford man and almost all of my family and related family friends are Ford people as well. ANY truck can have 40 inch tires and a guy driving that thinks he's the biggest bad ass in the world.

Calm down pinky...damn.

My family is a ford family(1989 150,1986 vic,1992 tores,2000 150,2002 150,2006 escape.we also have GM,2 1965 impalas,1978 chevy van,1991 camaro,1992 grand am,2004 gto.

I have a 2002 150 and 1989 150.

We also have a old ford 250 that I dont rember the year of but it was the first year for squire head lights...78 I'm thinking with a 460.

And I will stand by my statement.Young ford owners are punks...they think they have the worlds best truck and in most cases there wrong.

Edited by nismothunder

What an absolutely idiotic statement, extremely blind and broad. I'm a Ford man and almost all of my family and related family friends are Ford people as well.

That's nice. Does it have to do with well water or inbreeding?? This applies to being so brand name anally fixated as well as defining an entire clan that way.

Slow down on your pronouncements boy, it goes both ways... ;)

B

I am a pretty agressive driver... had to be learning to drive in NJ.. and I drive pretty dam fast... but I have had a few occasions when people tailgate me in the slow lane... now, if they wanted they could move into the fast lane.. but no.. they just want to be dicks... so I wil turn on my lights real quick.. it gives the appearance of me hitting my brakes... if that dosn't work I will slam them on... I am willing to take a check for getting rearended... but if all else fails to do deter them... I am known to throw a handful of change out my sunroof..... that will get them to back off for sure.... may get me shot.. but I'll take that chance... :suicide:

I am a pretty agressive driver... had to be learning to drive in NJ.. and I drive pretty dam fast... but I have had a few occasions when people tailgate me in the slow lane... now, if they wanted they could move into the fast lane.. but no.. they just want to be dicks... so I wil turn on my lights real quick.. it gives the appearance of me hitting my brakes... if that dosn't work I will slam them on... I am willing to take a check for getting rearended... but if all else fails to do deter them... I am known to throw a handful of change out my sunroof..... that will get them to back off for sure.... may get me shot.. but I'll take that chance... :suicide:

Beavis that is too funny! Change out the sunroof... hah hah hahh

I concur with most... taurus cars from the 90's something about the type of people that drive those... they like to tailgate. old slow cars in the fast lane not wanting to move out of the way... minivans with kids going 90 mph while doing some extra activity...

i also hate the people that no matter what, will ride RIGHT next to you on the other lane, so if I have to maneuver I cannot... i try to slow down to get behind them and they slow down, then i try to speed up and they speed up!

i have come to realize some people cannot see very wheel or are insecure so they prefer to let you be'lead' and they want to closely follow... but i hate that because it takes away from my maneuvering room. I was on the 5 (long stretch of two lane highway from mexico to canada) and this lady is on my ass and she will not pass me and i am on the right lane, she can get on that but she won't... so finally all traffic slows down and I can see that since I am in a truck and it sits higher so I start slowing but she must have been looking down or who knows cuz the other lane guy also slowed down but she is not and i see her coming at me in the rear view mirror so i start honking and swerved to the little ass shoulder and was okay but she almost slammed the guy in front of me!

ha ha ha i think she @!*% her pants... after that she was driving hella slow and you could see the passenger yelling at her.... but this happens with men and women, old and young, don't get it twisted!!

when i had my jeep wrangler (In Canada a Wrangler is a Chevy pick up truck) i had the top off going down the fast lane on the 15 freeway in SoCal and this older gentleman with a cowboy hat and greying sideburns and those nice wire rimmed square glasses (yeah he got real close) on a nice ford four door truck towing a horse trailer decides to go into my lane and did not even look.... i could not slow down because the lenght of his combined vehicle was so long... and i could not speed up since my big ass tires and little 4 banger motor had no torque at that rolling speed I had no choice but to take that b8tch off road (luckily the were expanding the 15 there so there is dirt on both sides of the highway before you hit oncoming traffic... man i was honking away but he had those nice fords that are so well built you don't hear sh8t when you roll up the windows.... the people behind / right of me are seeing this happen and they are tripping out because from their angle it looks like the dude was runnning me off the road intentional!! he never knew what he did, when i caught up to him and looked at him he gave me a 'howdy' not even realizing he could have killed me or I could have played dum and have him smash the hell out of my jeep.....

it's crazy what you see out on the road and you are right.. laws are meant to protect the weak and stupid... it sounds bad but it's true.. that is why it's called Civil ization, you are civil.. if not all the aggro people would be killing the peaceful people to take their stuff... :stickwack:

it's just when you see real random acts of dumness that you wish those people did not reproduce, or where not allowed to interact. since they usually are the ones who survive the car accidents... "did I doo that?!?" :chairfall: :02: