idler arms

beastpath

Im thinking i will replace my idler arm when I do the tie rod ends, swaybar bushings, strut rod bushings, UCAs, and add my idler arm brace.

anyone have any advice about brands? I know not to get moog.

4x4parts has genuine nissan idler arms for $110 plus shipping

ebay has a few "OE" arms for about 30 bucks plus shipping

and Checker Auto has a Mquay Norris brand for $55 with a limited lifetime warranty, a beck-arnley for $88 with 1year warranty, and a Falcon for 44 with a 1 year warranty.

was thinking about getting the Mquay Norris.

is it a good brand? and will my idler arm brace fit on it?

the problem is my brace doesnt seem to fit over the idler arm. so i was going to get a new one.

the arm itself looks like a stock, or OE one, but the threaded part at the bottom is wider than the hole on the brace. This is the 2nd brace (1st from AC, this one from Calmini) that wouldnt fit over it.

do you have a link to where you get spicer parts?

I think they've merged with raybestos but you can prolly still find it on rock auto for about 60-70 bucks for the pro-grade and less for the "red-flag" grade(not so good)

I heard that you can rebuild your idler arm with new bushings...Forget who said that though.

Yes you can, I did it once on my 93 and it needs done again :angry: . They are just plastic bushings, so they are basically made to fail.

Part numbers:

BAG of 12: 48544-41w00

individual: 48544-01g00

Yep....I've rebuilt mine as well. About $10 in parts from the stealer. You should get the rubber seals for the top and bottom in addition to the bushings themselves.

Yep....I've rebuilt mine as well. About $10 in parts from the stealer. You should get the rubber seals for the top and bottom in addition to the bushings themselves.

So I guess it is worth it to hold onto the old one and rebuild it as a spare.

If they show dimensions, sure!! Otherwise, no thanks.

Damn, I can't see paying $60 for the bushings yet. I'll see about reverse engineering first... Thanks though.

B

• 4 weeks later...

I've replaced the idler arm bushings, and I'm building a custom idler arm brace. Do anyone know the thickness of AC & Calmini ones? I've a bracket already cut made of 1/8" plate, guess it is worth...

The Calmini version is 3/16" steel, cut and folded so it is 3 sided (like the corner of a box) and welded along one edge. IMO if that doesn't do the job you had better question your driving... :D

B

The Calmini version is 3/16" steel, cut and folded so it is 3 sided (like the corner of a box) and welded along one edge. IMO if that doesn't do the job you had better question your driving... :D

B

Oh tkx! I'll have to build another because I made a mistake and cut it 1/4" shorter so the next one I'll use 3/16" steel.

Back to work P...