Hand break light

Dage

Hey i have a simple problem ,

i went 4Wheelin sunday and now my hand break light keeps turning on over slight bumps even no the hand break is completly off .

Could it need tightning ? any help would be good and how to do it if thats the prob

Cheerz

You have a seperate light for that from your normal brake light? IIRC ours in NA just have one brake light for everything (except ABS). Check your brake fluid level, you are probably low. You might have even sprung a leak out wheeling.

You have a seperate light for that from your normal brake light? IIRC ours in NA just have one brake light for everything (except ABS). Check your brake fluid level, you are probably low. You might have even sprung a leak out wheeling.

Low brake fluid is my guess, it happened to me recently too.

on my 92 i have 2 brake lights. idk my guess is it s the brake fluid is low if its when your hitting bumps. if not check the senor by the parking brake handle and see if its loose or something

ok mmm the hand break light only comes on when the hand break is pulled its just one light for the hand break only.

i had no idea that the hand break uses break fluid,the break fluid is low but it hasnt reachd the minimum marker as yet so i didnt think it would be a problem but maybe you are right and it does need refilling.

the light also comes on for a second when taking a hard corner so yeah i thought the hand break might of been a bit loose

i have just 1 light for the hand break.

Edited by Dage

If its the light on the dash, you will find it will be a loose connection at the switch itself which is located on the handbrake lever under the centre console, mine every now and then will play up (light doesnt come on at all), I can reach down the gap in the centre console and fiddle with the wire and it comes good.

ok mmm the hand break light only comes on when the hand break is pulled its just one light for the hand break only.

i had no idea that the hand break uses break fluid,the break fluid is low but it hasnt reachd the minimum marker as yet so i didnt think it would be a problem but maybe you are right and it does need refilling.

the light also comes on for a second when taking a hard corner so yeah i thought the hand break might of been a bit loose

i have just 1 light for the hand break.

That is exactly what mine did, came on when cornering. The resivour seems to have a sensor in it and will put the handbrake light on when it is getting low.

im having the same porblem with mine to, whenever i take a right turn my brake light and my abs light turn on and they stay on for awhile and then they will just go off by themselfs?

OldSlowReliable and Trenton163.

As per the above postings, have you checked the fluid levels in the brake reservoir? You may find that it is getting low.

Yep, did that just after i posted, filled er up......it was about a 1/4" above MIN....

Goin for a quick drive, gonna test 'er out ;)

Do you not check these things regularly?

Well, I just had it @ the shop for oil change/differential change/ at fluid check/tire check and such, so I figured if it was low, they would have checked it and filled it up...guess not...

Plus, my brakes are due anyways, and usually we would have had them replaced by now

Well, I just had it @ the shop for oil change/differential change/ at fluid check/tire check and such, so I figured if it was low, they would have checked it and filled it up...guess not...

Plus, my brakes are due anyways, and usually we would have had them replaced by now

I went into one of those places with a ripped to hell cv boot, 2 bad ball joints, sway bar link dangling off the frame, one very low tire, and a burnt out tail light.

They changed the oil and I looked on the sheet and it said all those things were checked but they never said anything about them. Idiots.