Rancho UCA's: now with pic!

beastpath

• 3 weeks later...

I say go for them. I see now why they provide a spindle....the arms are actually wider than the stock ones. Pretty cool.

I think you should disassemble and measure out the Rancho ones and then detail a drawing so they can be produced again with some changes of course...

idk why I would need to disassemble them for that....

i could just measure everything with calipers and do a CAD mock up

but reproduction based on thier design would probably be illegal....

idk why I would need to disassemble them for that....

i could just measure everything with calipers and do a CAD mock up

but reproduction based on thier design would probably be illegal....

Yes it would...that's why there would have to be improvements to the design...the whole "with changes of course"...China reverse engineers everything and gets away with it...hell they go as far as counterfeiting parts/products

:goodpost: Someone out here in Pathyland has to have the skill and machenery do be able to produce some with their own little flavor to them.

Send them to me .

• 5 weeks later...

so, i installed the Rancho's on my truck.

It actually seems I have LOST some lift.

They are supposed to be 1.5 - 2" lift UCA's, and I figuered 2" would be fine for me. Distance from the center of the wheel to the fender flare on both sides is around 20.5", like it said in the instructions. Ball joint angles are not bad, and distance from the UCA bumpstops to the frame is about 1".

Alignment has not been done yet, will the alignment shims allow slightly more lift as they will move the bumpstops away from the frame slightly?

Also, my rear end is a good 2" higher than the front, at around 22.5". I have the AC lift coils.

Could it be that my lift coils at the back are giving more than a 3" lift? does anyone else with AC coils know what their distance from center of the wheel to the fender flare is?