Front axle options for SAS

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you wait long enough, trail-gear is coming out with front drivers side and passenger side axle housings! Their rear is pretty cheap and works well, can't wait for the front! Also ruffstuffspecialties has a new housing for 9", toyota and super 14, but no ends are available yet, there are many available from other sources though.

Simon

yea trail gear is coming out with new axle housing but they are way to narrow. the rear is coming in at 51 3/8 inches and out rear is 59 even if you get the rear with the +2 inches on it its only going to be 53 3/8 no where near wide enough for the pathy but would work great for a sami

yea trail gear is coming out with new axle housing but they are way to narrow. the rear is coming in at 51 3/8 inches and out rear is 59 even if you get the rear with the +2 inches on it its only going to be 53 3/8 no where near wide enough for the pathy but would work great for a sami

How wide is the Pathy I haven't measured it yet? The rear they have is IFS plus 2" which is 63" wide! The front will match! A waggy front is 63"!

pathy is 59. and a waggy front is 61. the rear they have stats its 51 3/8 so a plus two would be 53 3/8 right. so the rear is to small

That measurement is from drum mount to drum mount the actual axle with drums or disks on is 61" I measured an axle I have in the shop!

whats the cost gonna be on that steevo, cause diamond housings arent super cheap. and the one by trail gear is looking to be pretty cheap. and 885spd.. which axle are you talking about

Toyota IFS rear! Wider than early toy stuff by 3"!

• 7 months later...

I don't have a final cost on the axle but you're right it's not going to be cheap, but it will be good. I may have Trail-Gear make some H233B fronts but for right now it diamond all the way.

TG seemed interested in it when i last talked to them in august last year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Because if you're going to go to the trouble and expense of putting a straight axle in, why would you put a D30 in? If you want to run anything bigger than 33s you'll just keep breaking axles, and you can run 33s with the IFS. If you're going to spend the money and time, you might as well put something good up there that will last and stand up to abuse.

Does anyone have a legitimate rwason why a D30 with leafs or a 3 link wouldn't work

by the time you make a D30 capable of running a 35" tire reliably, you can buy a 44, or have a good down payment for a D60.

Just not worth it.

if your dead set on it, make sure you its at least a HP model.

Okay...I got a D30 for free I figured if i did the gears right like 5.37 in the rear and 5.38 in the front it would work out well. If not to serious of a crawler and if i got my hands on a D44 i could do the swap from the D30 To the D44 prety easy...just my thinking....Thanks for the advice ill keep it in mind

Okay...I got a D30 for free I figured if i did the gears right like 5.37 in the rear and 5.38 in the front it would work out well. If not to serious of a crawler and if i got my hands on a D44 i could do the swap from the D30 To the D44 prety easy...just my thinking....Thanks for the advice ill keep it in mind

think of it this way.. you got a free D30.. does it have CV's or u joints?

the person you got it from probably upgraded to a D44.

even jeeps don't keep the D30's.

I would sell it to a jeep guy and save the money for a D44

sombody else asked about a Chevy front end for a nissan..Answer is NO. the pumpkin is on the wrong side.

• 5 months later...

quick question, will a D44 from a 98 JGC be good for a front axle? There is a local CL post for one for $50, good deal? I only know enough about SAS for my mental flag to say "$50 is a good deal". Enlighten me experts.......