4x4 parts.com

Kenmo

Hi yall, I have a 97 Pathy that I am constantly doing something to. Over a month ago I ordered a 2" lift, the camber alignment kits and a buch of bushings totalling over $1k. My problem is, They still havent shipped out my order!! All of this stuff is already paid for and now they are telling me it will likely be a couple more weeks before it ships. I was just wondering if anybody else has had any problems out of Automotive Customizers?? I am beginning to think I might have gotten screwed out a grand.

I bought a tire carrier kit and it was missing pieces that they said came with it in their ad. They updated the ad AFTER I sent them an email. I will probably not buy from them ever again.

PS It took them almost a month to send the damn thing to me. Shipping was slow as well. I would call them and start asking questions.

Edited by adamzan

Hi yall, I have a 97 Pathy that I am constantly doing something to. Over a month ago I ordered a 2" lift, the camber alignment kits and a buch of bushings totalling over $1k. My problem is, They still havent shipped out my order!! All of this stuff is already paid for and now they are telling me it will likely be a couple more weeks before it ships. I was just wondering if anybody else has had any problems out of Automotive Customizers?? I am beginning to think I might have gotten screwed out a grand.

I Had a set of shocks on order through AC, and they were not shipping so I called and said If they did not ship out that day cancel the order and refund my money and what do you jnow i got a your items are shipped e-mail in about 2 hours. I have ordered a few things from them Have not had a problem with anything I got from them but They take forever to ship.

They are definitely slow to ship, SPECIALLY on lift kits. I had to email and call regularly to get my stuff. The good news is it all arrived as advertised.

Incidentally, if you're buying the lift kit, you may want to look into only getting the coils from them and the struts & rear shocks elsewhere. Their prices on the struts and shocks aren't that great. Amazon, Auto Parts Way and so on all have better prices for the same items.

Edited by GoPathyGo

I've only ordered from them once, my lift springs. didn't really have any problems, i think it was about 1.5-2 weeks before i got them.

The packaging kind of sucked, box was pretty banged up, but i can't blame that on them, that's ups's fault.

Edited by morpheus

Although they told me originaly that they had it all in stock, they were mistaken. They had to manufacture the front spings. Well that was the first prob. but they assured me that I would have everything in my hands by the first. I talked to them friday. There has been another misshap, this time something to do with paint? They are springs, rattle can em black and ship em out already LOL anyhow, now it will be another 1.5 to 2 weeks before my order ships. I know I know Im picky right? Im sorry I just think its messed up to spend $1000 on something that is supposed to be to my door in 7 to 10 days and it ends up being a 2 month ordeal.

Edited by Kenmo

i would say you deserve a break on thier shipping costs, or a few gift certificates.

Yeah, they've always been good to me. Get Mike or Jane on the phone and get the real story from them. I'm sure if they know what is up they'll work you either some freebies or something.

Jane has always been good to me. When I ordered my lift, what....6 years ago, they actually called ME the next day to tell me they didn't have the stuff in stock and it would be a few months. I've had nothing but good experiences from them, but I ALWAYS placed orders over the phone, and never online.

They are definitely slow to ship, SPECIALLY on lift kits. I had to email and call regularly to get my stuff. The good news is it all arrived as advertised.

Incidentally, if you're buying the lift kit, you may want to look into only getting the coils from them and the struts & rear shocks elsewhere. Their prices on the struts and shocks aren't that great. Amazon, Auto Parts Way and so on all have better prices for the same items.

I'd say for lift kits, piss on AC... Go OME for coils, KYB for struts and Bilstein for rear shocks, all of which can purchased elsewhere for less! Camber bolt kits are readily available at most local autmotive shops.

On a separate note, I purchased my Warn hubs and HD CV axles through AC and no problems with either order whatsoever. In fact, Napa took 6 weeks to order in Warn hubs; AC had 'em at my door in 4 business days. :shrug:

Perhaps it depends on what is ordered... :scratchhead:

Perhaps it depends on what is ordered... :scratchhead:

That it does, they don't keep stock of everything they sell, a lot of the stuff is either made per order, or shipped direct from the manufacturer.