Who wants a set of aftermarket suspension links?

• 5 years later...

Yes, I am bringing this thread back from the dead. I never installed my set and my R50 is long gone. So brand new. Who wants them? $500 plus shipping (and these things are really heavy).

FINALLY!!! Here are all 4 links finished plus a longer, adjustable panhard bar to re-center your axle under the vehicle after you do a subframe drop.

IMG_5281.jpg
IMG_5280.jpg
IMG_5278.jpg
IMG_5275.jpg
IMG_5273.jpg

• Like 1

They do look nice, too bad I already did a poly swap. That adjustable panhard rod would be so much better than the crappy drop bracket from krf.

I respect your opinion, but wanted to offer a counter point. Just adjusting the PHB length when you lift your truck is not a very acceptable solution. If the PHB isn't level, the static ride height doesn't have the axle at the apex of it's arc.

You end up with negative side effects in the rear suspension performance.

It's never a bad thing to have the axle centered under the vehicle at static ride height, but the PHB should be level too. This requires a drop bracket if you've lifted your vehicle.

I respect your opinion, but wanted to offer a counter point. Just adjusting the PHB length when you lift your truck is not a very acceptable solution. If the PHB isn't level, the static ride height doesn't have the axle at the apex of it's arc.

You end up with negative side effects in the rear suspension performance.

It's never a bad thing to have the axle centered under the vehicle at static ride height, but the PHB should be level too. This requires a drop bracket if you've lifted your vehicle.

You learn something new every day... Thanks for filling me in! I thought the sole purpose was to center the axle laterally.

I reviewed old emails with Tyler. He set everything to stock lengths. No idea what the total length extension is though, sorry. The panhard can be extended without removing from the vehicle, so whether used with a drop bracket or not you have options to get things centered. I also discovered that I paid $685.56 for these in parts and Tyler did the labor and paint free. So $600 plus shipping would be a more reasonable price.

Dean, I am glad to see you are still around. I remember you on these boards more than a decade ago!

• 6 months later...

Yes, I am bringing this thread back from the dead. I never installed my set and my R50 is long gone. So brand new. Who wants them? $500 plus shipping (and these things are really heavy).

What happened to your R50???

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Do you still have these available? I'm looking for an adjustable panhard rod.

Sorry, XPLORx4. I bought them from him in early September. Just wanted to let you know because MICHIGAN AVE is now driving a Ford Raptor and likely doesn't visit the NPORA forum too often.

RainGoat, thanks for the update. I have contacted Steve at Sonoran Steel to see if he would be willing to build a run of adjustable panhard rods for the R50. He makes them for 4Runners:

http://www.sonoransteel.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=18

When you installed it, do you recall which end attached to the body and which to the axle? It looks to me like the end with the bushing is a much larger diameter than the end with the heim joint.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I don't have the pan hard with me quite yet. I could fit the links in my luggage for the flight home but my Mom took the pan hard back to KC & needs to ship it to me (it was too long to fit in the luggage). My suspension upgrade is waiting until I get my front bumper done - 6 months & I still haven't quite cracked that one. If you need measurements I'm sure my Mom could get them.