SE Vs. EX

Nytrosfinder

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=6705&hl=

SEs have all the options, XE is the base model. Though most of the XEs were ordered with pretty much all the options of an SE. Though SEs can be had with a Sport Package, which adds LSD, 4 wheel disk brakes, and 31x1050x15 tires and probably some other little things.

Edited by Kingman

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=6705&hl=

SEs have all the options, XE is the base model. Though most of the XEs were ordered with pretty much all the options of an SE. Though SEs can be had with a Sport Package, which adds LSD, 4 wheel disk brakes, and 31x1050x15 tires and probably some other little things.

so by sport package does that mean the adjustable shocks came on an SE?

Yes. But the Sport Package does not mean SE. It was a package only available on the SE. Mine is an SE without the Sport Package and has adjustable shocks, but no LSD or rear disks.

I think the XE can have adjustable shocks as well? :shrug:

Edited by Kingman

Yes. But the Sport Package does not mean SE. It was a package only available on the SE. Mine is an SE without the Sport Package and has adjustable shocks, but no LSD or rear disks.

I think the XE can have adjustable shocks as well? :shrug:

What would be the easiest way to find out?

I have no idea where it would say Sport Package or not in the ID but you can take off your rear tires and see if the brakes are disk, and jack up the rear end and look for an orange LSD sticker, or spin the tire and see if it's LSD

Oh yeah the LSD/disk brake combo rear end is a 4.6 geared unit.

The standard packaging is clearly labeled... XE or SE, and if you have adjustable shocks there is a switch in the center console right next to the E-brake that's a rocker switch and says sport or touring. Kinda hard to miss.

Edited by Kingman

if you are going to wheel it, i would recommend you get an xe or se with an open rear differential (non-lsd) it is much easier and cheaper to install a differential locker on trucks with and open differential. as kingman says, most of the trucks with rear disc brakes also have an LSD, but you can look for the sticker or do the tire spin thing to find out for sure. The LSD works fine for gravel/snow/wet muddy roads, but as soon as you lift a tire off the ground, it doesn't work very well.

I was lucky and found a detroit locker that replaces my LSD. I can't wait to install it and try it out on the trail.

Disc Brakes..... 4.6 gears

The standard packaging is clearly labeled... XE or SE, and if you have adjustable shocks there is a switch in the center console right next to the E-brake that's a rocker switch and says sport or touring. Kinda hard to miss.

I have that switch in my console! And I got 4W disc...

There is little rhyme or reason to the way Nissan did things. Some XE's came with more options than some of the SE's out there. SE's do not automatically have "this" or "that" And for the most part XE's don't automatically "not" have something. Both can be found with disks, both with LSD's both with 4.6's and all combinations of them.

Not sure what trim level the truck I got my rear disk parts off of for my conversion was, but it had 4.6's and no LSD. So no, 4.6's and/or rear disks does not mean LSD as well.

The same holds true for most available options, in and out ;)

my 89 xe "sport package" (puchased in DEC 1989) came with the following as part of the package

• 31" general grabber ATs
  • 15x7 American Racing Outlaw II rims
  • LSD

it also had the following which I do not think had anything to do w/ the package @ the time.

• 4.3 gears (with a speedo for 4.6)
  • Rear Drums(maybe disc wasn't offerd till 90's {but I got em now!!!})

There was some review I read a good while back when these things were new that said the sport package was only available on an SE model Pathfinders. Wonder where they got that from?

my 95 was se...my 87 was xe...the only difference I knew was the 95 had all power locks/windows and what not but still had the MT and was open...the 87 was all manual and open...but the 95 had a sunroof...but pretty much all 3 are the same trucks they just had different options available...

I once saw an se that looked identical to my xe with the small tires and chromies. I've seen an xe with the chromies and 31's and the legos and 31's. I've also seen an LE with cloth seats and the manual climate controls. There is an xe around here that a guy uses for a landscaping truck and it has the LE rims..

This week I saw a 94 XE with a sunroof, tire carrier, chromies with 31's, auto trans, power everything, i think flares too. It also has the very little rust option :P (it's a maryland truck that was driven here)

Oh, here it is

http://www.usedottawa.com/classified-ad/8678695

I have a '95 SE 4x4 with A/T Overdrive, Offroad Package, LSD, 31" tires, also leather interior and the switch that lets me shift like triptronic. I think the offroad pkg includes LSD. Never owned an EX to compare.

There are very few Standard differences between the XE and SE. It is a trim designation, nothing else. There are, of course, certain features that are only available on certain trim levels, just as certain options only come with certain packages.

For the R50, the SE included standard power windows/locks, mirrors, and an 8-way manually adjustable drivers seat.

Each trim level also has a different interior fabric pattern. So the Grey fabric on an XE is going to be patterned differently from the grey fabric in an SE. Really, just about everything else was optional.

king has lsd, all wheel disk (he is automatic, SE model) and 4:63 gears sunroof and lala switch and cc

mini has rear drum, lsd and 4:37's (5 speed XE) roof rack

both trucks had tire carriers

Well I have a Pathy, no badge work whatsoever, so I don't know what it is other than this, LSD, 4.6's, disc all around, auto, lego's, PW, PM, PS, PDL, Sunroof, Tire carrier, Adj. shocks, A/C, 4X4, leather seats, it had the upgraded stereo in it with the amp, but when I got it, it was no longer hooked up. So how do I know what it is since you could mix and match stuff. I do not have chrome trim, bumpers, mirrors, sidemarkers, etc. So does that mean it is an XE. I do not really care either way, but I love my truck. This thing has gotten me more places than I imagined it would, got it stuck once in snow, but you couldn't tell how deep it was and got high centered. Either way, what do you guys think it is?

Edited by 94Pathyman

I'd lay money on it being an SE mainly due to the leather seats. I've never seen an XE with factory leather seats.

88 XE: Auto, 4.6, no LSD, disc/drum, no tire carrier, non-adjustable shocks, roof rack, base model seats, no fog lights, manual windows and door locks.

89 SE: Auto, 4.6, no LSD, disc/disc, tire carrier, side steps, adjustable shocks, sun roof, roof rack, patterned cloth seats with side supports, no fog lights, PW, PDL.