Pathfinder with a truck bed?

bigdave

Does anyone have any pics of a WD21 with a truck bed? Im looking for a wrecked hardbody so i can cut off the rear of the cab and part of the truck bed, and turn my Pathfinder into something like a Chevy Avalanche. Im inspired by the Ford Expedition Himalaya concept that never went into production.

Avalanche

2005-chevy-avalanche-2500.jpg

Expedition Himalaya

72781.jpg

I think if you go to NOAS and search frontier2k1 you'll find what you're looking for sorta...

http://www.noas4x4club.com/forum/viewtopic...&highlight=

I was actually thinking about that today...with the 2 door cut the back off and bring it in so it comes right behind the back seat so you could still ride 4 if you wanted and this would give you about 4' to make a bed and you could store all of your "loose" items back there in storage boxes orwhatever and if you rolled on the trail you don't have to worry about crap nailing you in the head

Edited by unccpathfinder

Thanks for that link. Id like to somehow put a gate on the rear, so i can use the Frontier tail gate extender and also put a portion of a utility rack over the bed.

frontier_bed_extender.jpg

waag~truck_bed_rack.jpg

The rack would hold long items like a jack, shovel, etc and also give me the option to cover it with canvas to serve as a hangout.

Edited by bigdave

BTW, is anyone good with a pencil? Id like to see a quick sketch of a bed on a WD21 Pathfinder the same length as stock, rear wall of hardbody cab w/window, frontier extender, and utility rack. :)

Not that it wouldn't be unique and all but why not -

Buy a frontier... :scratchhead:????

or a D21 hardbody... but being different is cool. id like to see a removable hartop for the back like an old Blazer.

It would great for those warm days off-roading.

Edited by slade420

Saw a yellow WD pass through town a week or so ago, had Oregon plates on it.

The roof was chopped off at the same angle as the quarter glass vent windows, about an inch or so alongside them. Had a black vinyl top . It also still had the rear tire carrier on, it looked sickkk. It also had the stock light bar on top, and it looked like the top attached to it or butted up against it. Seemed to be fully lifted on 33s as well, mounted on black rock crawlers. Had matching black custom front and rear bumper and side steps.

If my phone woulda quit freezing I woulda taken a pic of it.

Saw a yellow WD pass through town a week or so ago, had Oregon plates on it.

The roof was chopped off at the same angle as the quarter glass vent windows, about an inch or so alongside them. Had a black vinyl top . It also still had the rear tire carrier on, it looked sickkk. It also had the stock light bar on top, and it looked like the top attached to it or butted up against it. Seemed to be fully lifted on 33s as well, mounted on black rock crawlers. Had matching black custom front and rear bumper and side steps.

If my phone woulda quit freezing I woulda taken a pic of it.

I bet I have a pic of it.

I've been wanting to do a chop top on my 88 since I bought it so I have collected pictures of other ones to try and figure out the best way to go about it, and how to cover up the rear afterward.

but being different is cool. id like to see a removable hartop for the back like an old Blazer.

It would great for those warm days off-roading.

The problem there is you would almost need two vehicles to have enough spare metal to make the parts(and it would be HEAVY), or go completely custom ($$$).

At least Ramon, you can buy a "Crew Cab" Hardbody in your country. It was never offered North of the border.

I've been wanting to do a chop top on my 88 since I bought it so I have collected pictures of other ones to try and figure out the best way to go about it, and how to cover up the rear afterward.

What about a truck topper? I've even seen toppers that have the same shaped glass as the 2-door WD's. The triangle window is raised up or maybe it's a bit smaller, but the window's shapes are pretty much the same. Then you could ditch the heavy rear hatch and graft in a funtional Hardbody tailgate. I would put a rear roll cage in that kinda matched the lines of the original roof and glass, make it so people wouldn't mistake it for a Hardbody when the roof is off.

was it like this

IMG_0901.jpg

I saw it in Whitney Ontario. Right near Algonquin provincial park. I don't know if those are ontario plates though.

Much better looking, and very well done. Looked pro.