Car has been getting keyed...

DJ Dank

So for the past 3 weeks, my Pathy and 4runner have been getting keyed parked on the street right in front of my house. I've got 2 pin stripes down the whole length of both sides of a black car. The 4runner is white and the scratches are not so noticeable.

I've been staked up outside my house hidden out of sight from the street by some bushes. Yes I pretty much spent about 20 minutes every night doing this trying to find the punk kids who I figured were the guilty ones. As of two nights ago, the Pathy had 4 gashes down to the metal total on both sides from the corner light all to way to the rear quarter panel.

2 nights ago I stood outside at around 10 pm and saw nothing. Yesterday morning, I wake up and see a fresh scratch on my drivers door that has metal and black shavings stll visible. I was PISSED.

So last night I was determined to stay outside as long as it took to catch the bastard(s). Around 10 PM I went outside for a smoke and was hunched behind my hedges and see my neighbor's brother show up. He's gotta be in his 50's. My neighbor is about the same age. Both guys with a full head of white hear. He pulls up in his Honda civic behind the 4runner.

He proceeds to get out and walk up to the 4runner and I see him look around and thenpunch his hand into the rear quarter panel and then walks down the whole length of the 4runner.

I jumped out of those bushes so fast and was screaming my head off and he absolutely froze and threw his hands up and couldn't say anything. I was screaming and about to bash his face in. His one hand still held the key that was used to key the car. He was mumbling and was saying he dropped his keys. But when I jumped out of the bushes, he was caught red handed standing in front of the drivers door/wheel.

I called the cops and they are only literally a block away. They saw the fresh scratch and the curled paint along the scratch. He denied the whole thing. The cops were pissed because they knew he was lying. At one point he said "uh..I guess my watch brushed up against it..."

I had to take the 4runner down to the station last night to have them take pictures. Felony Criminal mischief is what they will charge him for. The damage has to be over $1k to qualify and I know it will be.

The only down side to all of this, is last night was the night I decided to park behind the house instead of upfront and had I not done so, I'd be able to hold him liable for the REALLY bad damage he inflicted on my Pathy.

I'll post some pics here in a bit. Sorry for the long post/rant.

Edited by DJ Dank

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the pics. The first two are of the 4runner and if you look hard enough you can see it. Doesn't really show up as much on camera especially with it being white. The Pathy however is another story.

I'm moving in 2 days also. I am SO glad to have found out who's been doing this. I've been thinking its been some punk kids around town. But why would only our cars be keyed and not anyone else's on the block? He was pissed because he felt like we were in his spot even thought it was in front of our house and he doesn't even live there...

Good thing we're moving out tomorrow. Then I can pay a visit and make sure that he gets his... :shiftyeyes:

4runner2.jpg

4runner1.jpg

pathy8.jpg

pathy7.jpg

pathy6.jpg

pathy5.jpg

Good that you caught him, personally I would have kicked the sh!t out of him. The cops around here would look the other way in my favour. Now I have to catch the bastages that pried open my gas door. :ar15:

I almost beat the living crap out of him but I cannot believe I found the self restraint in me not to do so. The thought that crossed my mind was to not complicate things in the whole case/matter. The cop himself told him to his face "You're lucky you weren't on the ground bloodied when I pulled up because if it was my car, you would have been."

they should have confiscated his keys b/c I bet they could have found the metal/paint embedded in the soft key material...

the question is what'd you do to piss your neighbor off? you got loud boom boom music or what?

The Key thing, I thought about it. But they didn't go that route. But it was so obvious really.

Yeah a 50 year old. I was in shock for about a split second before I jumped out of the bushes to pounce on him. Like I said, it was a parking issue is what I'm guessing.

Because his brother is our neighbor and his brother has a garage in the back that he parks at. So when d!ckhead comes over to visit his brother(which is daily because his brother is a disabled vet) he has to park about 15 feet away from his brothers house instead of 5 feet because we are parked there.

Can you belive it?

Ya, they'll be waiting for you to retaliate now. Best to let it simmer.

I wonder what a lifted Pathfinder could do to a Civic... 1382.gif

It's not like you've got to worry about scratching your paint.

Yup, they are expecting something to happen. Last night after everything passed, we were intentionally creating a ruckus, using my aluminum bat and hitting stuff outside. I don't think he got any sleep. I had friends who wanted to come over and take his rims and leave it on blocks. Another friend suggested removing all the lug nuts, wheels intact except for a loose nut in every wheel.

What is really great is that its a small town and I know all the mechanics and shops in town. Just have to flag his cars and he won't even know what hit him.

Oh yeah, he coaches youth baseball. What a fine role model. :rolleyes:

no heres what you need to do, take some brake fluid and poor it all over his car, it wont do any damage imediatley but it will strip the paint down to the metal, and then spell out something "Im Gay" or the likes

all that dramma cause he had to walk an extra 10ft. Talk about being pasive agressive! Those kinda behaviors make my blood boil, its a good thing self-control was on your side that night.

Sucks to hear about your ride being keyed. My ex girlfriend and her new boyfriend keyed my camaro like a month after we broke up (I knew it was her cause we saw each other at halloween party. I accused her but since I did not catch her in the act nothing could be done about it. It really sucks. whats worse is her boyfriend jumped me and beat me up pretty good like a month later. we fought again later and I got even but that's another story. Good job catching the prick Dank!

I'd wait a year or 2; then bust a knee on him; or since he is old a hip!-)

Patience makes you fall off the radar, so nothing comes back to you; or feed him to some real pigs :stickwack:

I'm moving out of the house today as we speak. Sucks that it happens 2 days before we move but also I'm glad that I found out who it was before we did so. But its only a move 2 blocks away. :) We will wait a while for things to simmer down and then it will be on. He won't recognize his car when we're done with it.

i'd be careful with any retaliation b/c you'll be suspect #1...loosening lug nuts could be bad if a wreck was caused b/c of it and he died b/c if they figured it out they could get you for 1st deg manslaughter or something like that which would be bad

Good thing you caught the guy, if i were you i would have been stakeing out at night with a baseball bat cause i wouldnt know what id be up against...

Atleast now you can say you got the keying from some hardcore rockcrawling or something like that lol

If i were you i would put some pot or something in his vehicle and then accuse him of bringing "what looks to be the marijuana plants" into his brothers house

Evil plots would simmer in my mind... :shiftyeyes:

:blink: WTF. a 50 year old who keys not 1 but 2 vehicles for the sake of 10 friggin feet!!!!!!! i woulda smashed his face in..... props to you on self control, cuz i sure wouldn't of had any at all.

Silly paranoia, but if you decide to get even, don't let anyone IRL link you to this thread... It's public and it's evidence. Just ask the hundreds of people on Myspace who found out the hard way.

Wait until this is good a buried. Better yet, deleted.

...Just a thought. :shiftyeyes:

Good luck! Hope you get a new paint job out of it, if nothing else.