Pathfinders suck?

Greyscale

So, all my friends seem to enjoy making fun of my Pathfinder. Does everyone else experience the same thing or is it just me?

I'm kinda feeling let down when I get stuck our backyard and everyone else seems to have no trouble whatsoever (We have 1-2 feet of snow here ATM).

So, all my friends seem to enjoy making fun of my Pathfinder. Does everyone else experience the same thing or is it just me?

I'm kinda feeling let down when I get stuck our backyard and everyone else seems to have no trouble whatsoever (We have 1-2 feet of snow here ATM).

Well, what model and configuration do you have? What tires do you have on it?

Pathfinders don't suck. I went from a semi-monstrous modified Jeep Grand Wagoneer (widely acknowledged as one of the most off-road capable/unstoppable large SUVs) to my Pathfinder and I really don't feel that I've lost significant capability. In some areas, the Pathfinder is inferior (but not by much). In others, it is far superior.

They're just jealous they dont have one. Its like that thing where you like someone but you're mean to them because it's your way of dealing with them. In your case, your friends make fun of your Pathfinder, yet secretly they're lil beezies dreaming about every night.

I'm not familiar with those tires but let me tell you...

I wouldn't trade my pahty for any other rig. even if it was still IFS. These pathfinders are great trucks. end of story.

Edited by SteeevO

I think your asking the wrong crowd :lol:

I spose you'll always find people who say "That sucks", "Aw man those are crap"

When people say to me "You should get a Blah blah" I tell them "That's not a serious Off road vehicle....I'm gonna get a Sherman :rolleyes: "

Psst...Get a locker and don't tell anyone :ph33r::D

Edited by TerranoNZ

I think your asking the wrong crowd :lol:

I spose you'll always find people who say "That sucks", "Aw man those are crap"

When people say to me "You should get a Blah blah" I tell them "That's not a serious Off road vehicle....I'm gonna get a Sherman :rolleyes: "

Psst...Get a locker and don't tell anyone :ph33r::D

Yeah, i've thought about getting a locker. I'm kinda hesitent to spend a chunk of money on it because I , honestly, don't know how long i'm going to keep it for.

My current plan is to run it into the ground, which will probally be a long ways off, and then build a 1983-1989 FJ-60 or -62 Landcruiser.

A locker and tires would be nice though. I still have to re-do some wiring first...

craptastic tires can be the death of any wheeler, especially in snow. doesn't matter what you have, if oyu have crappy tires, chances are you could have a jeep built to the hilt n not do any good. tires are everything. (driver skill helps too)

when they laugh and cap on your pathy, just smile.... cuz i bet you paid HALF for your pathy what they paid for their rigs, rest assured the pathy will last WAY longer than anything they drive, and not everyone has one ;)

and i haven't found anyone dumb enuff to tell me my pathy's suck....... they'd die, plain n simple.

I get the same crap from my friends around here, but I usually don't listen to them, because while I drive 90km a day to and from school w/o any problems, they're always having to repair their gmc sierra, or jimmy, or dodge or ford 4x4. My friend has 193k on his 90 gmc sierra (absolutely no rust though :blink: ) and he's put more money into it than what i paid to buy and safety my pathy, and he bought it with 170k a year and a half ago.

Also the tires make a big difference in the snow, I currently had Goodyear wrangler radials in the front which aren't bad, but in the rear they threw on some roughrider radial AP to pass the inspection. I slide around all the time in 2wd.

I still wouldn't trade my pathy's :wub: for any american product. ever.

Running an open diff will get ya stuck ('specially with standard tires)

Locker is cheap so is a 3" body lift.

I'm surrounded by Jeeps in this area, and was shunned like a red-headed step child.

Now I just smile as I pull them out!-)

My Pathy Sucks...gas also :tonguefinger:

Edited by MikeVanceinWI

no one laffs at my pathy, prolly cuz i'd kick the crap outta them lol

My last vehicle was a chev sierra, 33's, the truck did go through hell and kept tickin, however I have gone through WAY worse in the pathy and not spending nearly as much for repairs. your tires are definitely gonna hold you back, i'd suggest getting new rubber, and depending on where you want to go, get a locker, actually get one anyways :tonguefinger:

Depending on what size rubber you want, a lift is probably necessary, I got 31's with a 3" lift, its a hearty combination :)

I also have a jeep, although i cannot compare it to the pathy as its been in my garage since i got it, and its getting a 5" lift, 35's and locked front and rear, its strictly a toy. Once the jeep is completed, I betcha i'll be able to go almost anywheres in the pathfinder as i can in the jeep, if not more :tonguefinger:

I love my pathy.

So, today I was messing around in an empty parkinglot after class. I stupidly drove into a snowbank and promptly got stuck. Rather then call one of the guys, I remembered I had some chains with me. I was out in no time. :tongue:

Well, tell me how bad pathys suck after hearing this..... we took in a 95 with 400,000 miles on it at work for a trade, origanal engine and tranny, regular maintnence only.... he had all service recipets, just drove alot. name an american vehicle you can do that with

Tires make a huge difference in the Snow and Ice.

I have 3 pathfinder, The set on the 95 is brand new and Siped, I go most places in 2wd even with all of the snow and Ice...

Just this weekend I was running up to go coyote hunting, took the 95(new siped tires) and has some small issues with the Snow Drifts. Sunday morning I took the 91 with 33x9.5's no issues with even bigger drifts... the 92 went up yesterday and I had to put it in 4wd to make it up the 1st hill in the farmers driveway, Studded AT's....

Figure that one out...

Once the snow melts ill put the old tires back on the 95....

A guy I work with was picking on me about my pathy today!! Said it was a "chicks truck"!!!.......Later when we left work, his battery was DEAD and I had to jump off his "raggedy full size extra cab long bed dodge ram truck" otherwise know as a parade float!! Served his a$$ right!!! :laugh: I told him I would be driving my "chick truck" long after his raggedy parade float of a truck is gone to DODGE HELL!!!!

Edited by 95shakinPF

Well, tell me how bad pathys suck after hearing this..... we took in a 95 with 400,000 miles on it at work for a trade, origanal engine and tranny, regular maintnence only.... he had all service recipets, just drove alot. name an american vehicle you can do that with

What did you guys end up doing with that piece of fine machinery?

A guy I work with was picking on me about my pathy today!! Said it was a "chicks truck"!!!.......Later when we left work, his battery was DEAD and I had to jump off his "raggedy full size extra cab long bed dodge ram truck" otherwise know as a parade float!! Served his a$$ right!!! :laugh: I told him I would be driving my "chick truck" long after his raggedy parade float of a truck is gone to DODGE HELL!!!!

I would have asked him for a rental fee on the jumper cables or battery....

Just think... 400,000 miles at 16mi/g= 25000 gallons of gas, or in todays market, $81250... Really, are our pathys that cheap :) haha.

Now I'm going to have to get an "aveo"

Oh, you should hear the daily bashing I get.

Last week, i was at the shop.. one of the guys was giving me @!*% about my pathfinder.. says."look what you drive, you drive a nissan"..

I reply, ya.. and?.. where's your jeep? oh wait.. its broken again isn't it?....

"no, he reply's its outside.

So, why don't you ever go wheeling?. he says I do... i reply again.. well, i'm out every weekend.. we wheel the same places.. so... why don't I ever see you?....... Cause your jeep is BROKEN!

The onlything i've broken on my pathfinder is D44 front end parts

when they laugh and cap on your pathy, just smile.... cuz i bet you paid HALF for your pathy what they paid for their rigs, rest assured the pathy will last WAY longer than anything they drive, and not everyone has one ;)

i got mine for free! :tonguefinger:

some dummy didn't want it anymore, so now it's mine.

it only had one problem at the time which was squeaky steering because it was out of PS fluid. i've had it for a year and a half now and the only other problem was a water pump failure which was no big deal.

also, my friend even has problems with his 94 Toyota pickup. that's more problems than i'd have with my pathy anytime!

ROLMAO1.gif

parade float N I C E