Try To Delay Fueling Up If You Can

mws

And... it's over. Oil prices shot up again yesterday. I got one tank in at sub $3 price...

Hopefully Oregon will be slow to increase... We are heading to the Dunes this weekend. Driving Big Red (F-350 with 460 gasser). With travel trailer. And 2 quads. And 1 motorcycle. Last year we averaged 7.3 mpg.... and that was with only 1 quad.

And... it's over. Oil prices shot up again yesterday. I got one tank in at sub $3 price...

Hopefully Oregon will be slow to increase... We are heading to the Dunes this weekend. Driving Big Red (F-350 with 460 gasser). With travel trailer. And 2 quads. And 1 motorcycle. Last year we averaged 7.3 mpg.... and that was with only 1 quad.

Bummer! I was looking forward to some sort of dip. Gas prices have not moved from $2.99 out here for at least a month!

We dropped to $2.75 at the cheapest AM/PM here in Bonney Lake, WA. Closer to $3 up the road in Seattle. We had about a 400 mile weekend last weekend. Thank goodness for some foresight a couple years ago when buying our VTEC 4cyl Acura CL rolling around 34MPG hwy at 75-80MPH. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Crazy. I was pissed when I fueled up for 2.77 (it was 2.73 across the street and the place advertised 2.71, the CASH price, bastards) and I live in San Diego, which is usually the 2nd most expensive place in the country to buy gas.

But do what I do to beat gas prices. Married into a AAA credit card that gets 5% cash back on all gas purchases.

Mobil dropped to $2.999 today. Finally....a week after the Sh!t-Go across the street did.

There's a Full-Serve Coastal about a mile in the wrong direction, that has gas at $2.879, but last time I filled up there, I reckon I got 84, so I 86'd them.