Game On!

mws

Here's the situation: We have lived in our neighborhood for 7 years. We live on the corner of a cul-de-sac and a very wide yet short and low traffic residential street. Our lot is pretty large. We have parked our travel trailer (very nice one and kept clean) and a couple vehicles on the city street alongside our house for years. They never overlap to be in front of any other houses, do not disrupt traffic, do no block views, or in any other way affect neighbors. All lots are pretty large and there are never (literally, never - even with parties) any parking shortages. There are no CC&R's. It is a very friendly neighborhood and we all get along great. Borderline perfect.

2 weeks ago, 2 guys moved in to house down the street. Have not introduced themselves or said anything to us.

The trailer is visible from the end of their driveway at a 45 degree angle. They already filed a complaint and had parking police out to mark tires and leave nasty grams. Our town does have city parking ordinances, but they are enforced only when it creates problems. As it never has, we have never had any problems. Only enforced when complaints are filed. This was proven true as our trailer (and truck) were the only ones tagged on the street, and there are several more parked along the way.

So, GAME ON! The ordinance specifies no vehicles left unattended for more than 7 days. I was in violation of that. I will now be driving the truck and trailer to work once a week (it's only 5 miles) so I will not longer be in violation.

But now, how to reward the new neighbors???? The other neighbors have already provided lots of ideas, but most are a bit vicious. I just want to let them know how much we appreciate their chicken-$h1+ behavior without escalating to truly socially nasty things. Yet.

Phase 1) The moving once a week to be legal yet NOT moving it out of their view will likely irk them. They can whine all they want to parking nazi's, but I will stay in compliance. Just. Hopefully the game ends there.

Phase 2) If further compliants are filed and tires are marked again, I will (legally) park little red in front of their house for a few days. She IS dirty, and the paint is faded and peeling. That will block their view of the trailer....

What ideas do you have for further escalation???

Oh, did I ever mention I am just a little vindictive? :D

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say, move it 6", park it again. Move it back 6" park it again. Don't even drive it to work. As long as it's been moved, they can't do a damn thing. Wave at them each and every time you do it as well. :tongue:

Block Party time and dont invite them....

or

Block Party time at their house... Dont forget to spill you Red Wine...

Complain about the funny blue lights coming out of their Basement/Garage.

Set up a Basketball hoop on the back end of the MotorCoach, and go shoot baskests before you go to bed every night midnight or so...

Make arrangements to park the beast closer to their house.

If you really want some more, you got my ###

i agree with simon. if that doesn't work pull the trailer out and depending on how big the cul-de-sac is just go around in a circle and repark it. or get the same kind of marking paint that the city uses and mark every couple of inches on the tires all the way around.

Edited by aries247

Good, good, good! Keep them coming!

Oh, yeah.... the WHOLE neighborhood is hoping they have a housewarming (or other) party real soon. We thinks we will be a little NOISE sensitive that evening.... Having noise police knocking on door so ruins a good party....

i had some really nasty thoughts, but if we're not going for socially nasty..... then let yer dog poop on their lawn...... every night :wiggle: (borrow a dog if you don't have one)

park a couple of your vehicles outside THEIR house. ya know. bein as you have to keep moving them n all...

ok, this happened to me this morning, and i KNOW how annoying it is.. especially as i am on vacation, and didn't go to bed til 3am.....

gather some friends at a house next door to your new neighbors, or out int he street, for a good game of basketball, wiffle ball or some other game that entails lots of shouting, banging of objects, and yet more shouting. remember to play on usnday morning around 7am. ..... ya know....... before it gets hot ;)

Edited by Slick

Pretty sure those guys are running a grow-op in there...better call somebody about that. :tonguefinger:

BTW, keep the ideas coming, I need some good ones for my next door neighbours as well!

grass too tall? stack of wood in their yard? ... love thy health department. lol..

Clearly the only time of day that you can move your vehicles is early morning, and moving your vehicles involves revving the engine a lot, because clearly the engine needs to be warmed up and the oil needs to be moved around.

"I smelled something suspicious, officer"

"Since these , uh, "new" neighbors moved in, I have noticed the smell of amonia. At first I thought they were just cleaning their new house, but the smell hasn't gone away."

Ugh, I hate neighbor conflict. The Mexicans living in the house at the end of my alley have a cousin or uncle or brother living with them who likes to drive at an idle through the alley past my house late at night with his Mexi-Funk® music cranked. Did I mention he drives drunk and tosses bottles out the window too? The police can't do anything cause every time I catch it happening he goes in the house and blends in with the other 14 Mexicans living there so they can't tell who was driving and nobody there speaks English...

Hmmm. Wait till they leave for a weekend, go up on the roof at night and cram a tennis ball down every sewer vent pipe. Or a racquetball? I forget what fits. I know! Pop the tennis ball, that should allow enough flex to be stuffed down in. :D Auto-farting toilets, anyone?

I'd go confront them personally on what specifically their problem is besides just being a jackass...

hell in my neighborhood there was no room to park on the streets and the only person that gave a damn was my landlord...so when people would have parties we would just park cars in all of the front yards/driveways and that was that...

just watch them and find all the nit picky laws that no1 cares about and when they break it give a friendly phone call...you could also put some "safety flashers" on the back of it at night just for another annoyance factor...just make sure it aims right for their bedroom window

A Google earth image of the neighborhood would be great with important places marked.

Try setting up a "neighborhood watch" with your good neighbors.

Issue each "patrol" member a Costco 18,000,000 (that's MILLION) candlepower spotlight (like $30 I think, each buys their own)

Make lots of passes by the house in question preferably late at night when "crime is rampant" and suspicious activities have been observed in and around the nasty neighbor's bedroom window. :sly:

Or you could disconnect the muffler on the pathy and rev it up at 2am on the street in front of their house.

Or you could disconnect the muffler on the pathy and rev it up at 2am on the street in front of their house.

haha guaranteed to wake up the landlord who lives 1/4 mile down the road... (but mine was at like 3am cuze of that stupid guy on his bike stopping and revving at us but at least he shut down and couldnt "believe a nissan v6 could be that loud")

Ok I had to get in on this. I would possibly start slow by maybe "forking" the yard. For those who do not know this means buying a bunch of clear plastic forks and laying them down in the yard. I agree this is a bit childish but hilarious to watch never the less. Next step is a bit more drastic, Salt the yard just before preferably when it is going to rain the next day. If you want you can spell something out that is pretty cool too. Or there is always a flaming bag of poo!! Pleease keep us updated. :FartExplode-vi:

make a big surgical-tubing slingshot and periodically launch rocks high into the air and let them fall on your neighbors house, car, cat, etc. Claim meteorites.

Ok try this one.........Get your new "friends" address and head to pay phone and call your local church of jesus christ ladder day saints and tell them you would like some more info and they might offer to not only send you some info but to have someone pay you a vist. Repeat as nessesary works well with the mormans also. Its the gift that keeps on giving, once your on their radar its bout impossible to get off. Reason for pay phone so not to track call back to you.

Sit back and enjoy.

call your local church of jesus christ ladder day saints ... works well with the mormans also.

Uh, those are the same thing. You thinking the Kingdom Hall wackos (Jehovah's Witness)?

Ok try this one.........Get your new "friends" address and head to pay phone and call your local church of jesus christ ladder day saints and tell them you would like some more info and they might offer to not only send you some info but to have someone pay you a vist. Repeat as nessesary works well with the mormans also. Its the gift that keeps on giving, once your on their radar its bout impossible to get off. Reason for pay phone so not to track call back to you.

the backfire there is...they're not gonna just come for that 1 house...they'll hit the whole neighborhood....