Nice Parking

Simon

So, it's been an interesting morning at work. Was out for a smoke, and witnessed a crash. Westbound on Derry road, a woman in a green Honda Accord lost control, hopped the median, missed the brake, hit the gas, crossed Eastbound traffic (didn't hit anything), hopped the curb travelled over the shoulder, caught air, then landed on 2 cars in the parking lot at my workplace. The woman was fine, and the people at work who own the cars were not in them. Pics below, sorry for the quality, as they're from my phone, but they pretty much tell the story.

Photo_041807_001.jpg

Photo_041807_002.jpg

Photo_041807_003.jpg

Photo_041807_004.jpg

Photo_041807_005.jpg

Photo_041807_006.jpg

Photo_041807_007.jpg

DAMN WOMEN DRIVERS?

As stated previously, that comment was not directed at any of the superior driving women that are members of NPORA, or any of the other boards I frequent. :D

My truck is 4 spots over to the left in the first pic! You can barely see it beside the green van. :itsallgood:

I was going to ask if that was your truck or not :)

I would not be a happy camper :rant2: if one of them cars was mine

Did you get to hear her explanation as to what happened?

In America, it would somehow be accepted to be an "accident" and not her fault at all.... In fact, she would probably sue Honda for not making the car stop her from doing stupid things. Maybe even the infamous Audi 5000 "uncontrolled acceleration" defense.

No, her cell phone was in her car, she was not on it. Her explanation to the cops was that she "lost control". There was a rig near the scene, but the driver was french, and barely spoke english, and there was some talk of someone cutting someone off. Regardless, she was charged, though, I'm not sure what with.

Damn, 3 totaled cars, all from (I'm sure) being inattentive and little else. Thanks for sharing though! I'm still waiting for someone to cream my Pathy so I can get another one. Mind if I park at your work for a while? :)

DAMN WOMEN DRIVERS?

Don't worry, I'll talk Slick down. I see no joy in watching a massacre.

Sorry Pez, but over the years I've learned in general that there is little that a male driver can achieve through willful negligence that a female driver cannot surpass with total inattention.

Exception to that generality. At least the idiot wound up in the hospital...

In the 3 p.m. Sunday accident, police say an SUV driven by a Mechanicsburg man collided with Engine 37-1 from Rescue Fire Company at North Sixth Street and Lucknow Road.

The impact flipped the 18-ton fire truck, which landed on three unoccupied cars parked on Finney Avenue.

Three firefighters -- Marvin Reist Jr., assistant chief; Lt. Marvin Reist Sr.; firefighter Ronnie Little -- were treated and released from Hershey Medical Center.

The SUV driver, Adam Golden, 20, of the 200 block of Ridge Hill Road, remains in critical condition at the medical center.

Anita Hockenberry, a township resident who witnessed the accident, said she saw "the SUV cut in front of the fire truck" despite the lights and sirens that officials say were activated. Police are still investigating the accident and have not said who was at fault in the collision

B

That exact model and color of Honda Accord landed on my brother's Grand Prix a long time ago. Drunk driver hit a big snow bank, the Accord flew through the air and landed on the rear quarter of the Grand Prix. The Grand Prix was fixed and put back on the road with over $6k in repairs.