Dashhawk?

CALPATHY

Information like transmission temperature is not monitored by OBDII. However, as Derrick mentioned, the Nissan CONSULT diagnostic tool has access to all of the control modules, including the PCM and TCM. But that tool is quite expensive, and isn't really designed for daily use while driving like the SGII is.

There are actually quite a few third party efforts at the nissan consult interface thanks to enthusiasts for the SR20 and Z32. They work on almost every Nissan minus some random functions that may be model specific. You can get both the connector and laptop software for under $130.

http://www.plmsdevelopments.com/consult_if.shtml

http://www.blazt.biz/

I have a carputer so I have pondered getting one of these packages. However I tend to use my GPS window or MP3 window up on my screen while driving, so even though I could embed this in my front end shell I probably wouldn't be using it for a speedo replacement and constant monitoring. I think the scangauge II might be better for daily usage purposes.

I got in on the group buy and now I have a couple of questions. First where is this OBDII located and is it a direct plug and play?I know I won't get this until the end of the month but it would be nice to know where thing's are and how they work. I'm pretty green when it comes to electronics.

Thank's

Kevin

I have been looking at buying it as well and I had all (well most all :D ) of my questions answered by the manual. There is a link a few posts up to the manual, just download it and read away :contract:

http://www.digimoto.com/

If any of you guys are interested here is what I use. It is about the same price as the scangauge but allows for you to display the information on the screen of your laptop in higher resolution glory.

- Allows you to do quarter mile times, 0-60 times etc....

- Lets you check the error codes

- Has realtime gauges

- Allows you to chart the sensors over time

- Allows for saving the data recorded to an external file

- Lets you do dyno runs (not really accurate numbers, but the numbers are consistent so at least you can test your performance mods)

A laptop is obviously bulkier than the scangauge, but if you happen to have an indash LCD touchscreen already hooked up to a laptop underneath your seat, this tool is pretty slick to watch.

Another big bonus is that the company is actively developing the software so new features are released every once and a while. While they can't create new data for the ODBII to send, they can figure out new ways to use the information.

A while ago, I looked at various full-featured OBDII diagnostic tools for my PocketPC PDA, including Digimoto, Autotap, Scantool, Auterra, and AutoEnginuity. I ultimately decided to go with the AutoEnginuity product, as it seems the most robust and has excellent customer service. I can use it in both my Pathfinder (OBDII protocol) and my Mazda (CAN protocol). I would never consider using it on a daily basis, though.

Besides, I don't have a carputer.

That SG2 thing looks small enough to like velcro somewhere convenient and use instead of my dead speedometer. I know the speed sensor works from using a bigger one at my mechanic's place... so with that thing I dont have to worry about speed anymore... I'm probably gonna buy one tomorrow when I get paid :)

That SG2 thing looks small enough to like velcro somewhere convenient and use instead of my dead speedometer. I know the speed sensor works from using a bigger one at my mechanic's place... so with that thing I dont have to worry about speed anymore... I'm probably gonna buy one tomorrow when I get paid :)

Cool. I guess if you don't care about having a functional odometer (for total miles on the vehicle), the SGII is a pretty good alternative to replacing the instrument cluster!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

This is the only thread that turned up when I searched "blazt"

Has any one ever seen this?

datascandatadisplay.JPG

Here's the link http://www.blazt.biz/index.php

Hope it's usefull to you guys....VG33 only :rant2:

*Runs back to WD21 threads* :D

Edited by TerranoNZ