How rare are heated seats in a WD21?

Harbinger

Hi all, this might seem like a wussy question on a offroad forum, but how rare are heated seats in the WD21's?

The reason I ask is I might be in the market for a four door WD21 after I can offload my VW. And after having heated seats in the VW I'm not sure I want to go without them lol.

Not my SE lol, think it was the buyer's option. Prob LE standard. Just buy one of those back massage things that plug into the cig lighter....they come heated. :shrug:

Edited by govols74n

You can buy kits for $99 per seat....

For those of us with "sensitive" significant others, this is NOT an option!

The kits include wires, switch, and two flex circuits (one for seat, one for back). You have to get access to the inside of the seat, so you may need to do some minor seat disassembly and reassembly.

from all my experiences its a rare option, even more so to find some that work.....

True. I have em but only the Passenger side works, and doesnt get hot compared to my acura rsx seats. The leather heats up the same by sitting in it for about 5 minutes.

Mine work well, and Martin, I've considered looking for another heated seat at the junkyard to throw in the passenger side for Pezzy... :aok:

I'm sure Simon has pics somewhere...
maybe but he wont share them willingly or even at a fair price sly

Atleast if we want we can

buy kits for $99 per seat
Edited by Casey.T

why not pickup a used infinity qx4? full of luxury if thats what your looking for. I prefer cloth seats as they wear better then leather that wasn't treated right and are generally warm up better in winter and are cooler in summer then leather. I think used infinity qx4's are a steal now a days. I see used 97's with low 100k mile odo's going or 6-7k. IIRC that was a 40k dollar truck! I believe they had a full time and part time 4wd on the transfer case IIRC. I could be wrong on that though. i fine that the 92 and older SE seats are def more soft and comfy then the 93newer SE clothes. good luck.

Scott

i've got them on mine. Grey leather seats with heaters on both the driver and passenger side. They don't work nearly as well as the ones that come in Audi A4's, but they are decent. I'd rather have some nice, stinky, cushy sheepskin seatcovers. You could drive to work naked in february with those :P

why not pickup a used infinity qx4? full of luxury if thats what your looking for.

Well I am going to have to wait a few months now to get the $$ to swap out trucks.

But when I do, I'm not looking for luxury if its going to cost me a frame ;)

You could drive to work naked in february with those  :P

While it sounds nice, that was one visual I did NOT need :P