Cone filter....

SaKaNa

He may be reckless and insane, but at least hes willing to try the stuff that the rest of us look at and say "oh hell no" to.

mmmyeah, I guess. Though, I'm not sure how many other people would ever consider taking the doors off an R50 and sawing off a rear end.

*you're still cool in my books, Max :aok: *

Edited by navygz19

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and about max. He may be reckless and insane, but at least hes willing to try the stuff that the rest of us look at and say "oh hell no" to.

true, but have you HEARD his truck? It's in PAIN.

Agreed.....though.....killing your engine by not filtering the air properly, isn't one of those positive things you're talking about.

Not to mention that its been proven that K&N's don't filter well to begin with, let alone if you run them without properly oiling them.

So? Same technology, same poor filtering.

Wish all you want, ANY gauze filter will still result in long term engine wear. Or if you run it dry, short term engine wear - about the same as running with no filter at all.

While I agree to an extent, I've yet to see the effects of the K&N in my truck. I've had it in for over 200,000kms, and my truck still runs like a top. I've got nearly 300,000 on it now, with no issues. :shrug:

If you just cut off the end of the MAF sensor holder, there will be no lip to prevent whatever is attached to it from slipping right off. Also, there's a screen on the front of the MAF holder that helps to even out the airflow so that the MAF gets a good "average" reading of the air being consumed.

yeah i heard something about that, after seeing and hearing tylers setup which is just like yours i think i might get a maf adapter and pop charger. i have an extra maf in my parts bin :P:P .

Sawing off the end of an intake and attatching a filter, to me, seems risky considering the jarring effects of offroading. It's plastic afterall. Why not spend the little bit of $$ and get an (aluminium) pop charger? Seems more stable to me.

If he wants to do it, by all means go for it, it's not my engine afterall.

i dont understand. the aluminium attaches to the plastic. it does not make the plastic any more strong. and that plastic is very strong. you wouldnt have to worry.

OK, so I stop in pepboys, and I screw around for like an hour looking at different combinations of stuff I can use to make this work... My friend whos the manager there comes over and is like "look, I read your post and its completely retarded, just use this"... he hands me a plate that bolts on where the airbox does, and the cone connects to that. All that worrying about sawing and @!*% was for nothing.

OK, so I stop in pepboys, and I screw around for like an hour looking at different combinations of stuff I can use to make this work... My friend whos the manager there comes over and is like "look, I read your post and its completely retarded, just use this"... he hands me a plate that bolts on where the airbox does, and the cone connects to that. All that worrying about sawing and @!*% was for nothing.

Do have any pictures of this? I made my own intake, tube and all, and I would like to install my stock tube back on. This cheap plate would help me out a lot.

You CAN get the MAF housing there for liek $15.

ANYWAY... sam convinced me to install tonight, so its complete!

My dad gave me his metric tool set, so now I can also tighten that alternator belt!

dsc00753on3.jpg

dsc00752wc8.jpg

I left the bottom of the airbox there for now, since its dark as hell out, I'll remove that later.

Drove about 50 miles on it tonight to test it out, it sounds so &^%*@$# nice.

Very soon, that filter will look just like the rest of that engine (maybe worse).

You might as well just put a sock over the end of your intake tube, it might be safer and more HP.

Very soon, that filter will look just like the rest of that engine (maybe worse).

You might as well just put a sock over the end of your intake tube, it might be safer and more HP.

more hp from a sock?