Issues with pathfinder jay

packie88

Okay so this happened a while ago and wasnt gonna bring itup but i finally decided to let you guys all know. I was looking to get a grill and the black corner lights from pathfinder jay. i made an offer and he only shipped the lights saying that was what the deal was for but it wasnt, even in his pm to me he said both, here are his pm's and mine back and forth.

Jay- Hey bud make me an offer and ill shipe her out

Me- would upi do 50 for the corner lights and the grill (what year is the grill from)

Jay- For grill and lights, ill do 60, lights are brand new... bare with me please

Me- yea no problem 60 sounds fair. do you have paypal

Jay- Yes I do, ill get ya the shipping quote, whats your address again? full one so im ready to ship after aswell

Thanks

Jay

Me- 26528 se 20th pl sammamish wa 98075 usa

Jay- Expedited Parcel USA (9 business days)

Base Price $16.85

Delivery confirmation Included

Fuel surcharge $1.26

Coverage Included

Total $18.11

Xpresspost USA (5 business days)

Base Price $23.55

Fuel surcharge $1.77

Coverage Included

Total $25.32

Purolator International (1 business day)

Base Price $69.95

Signature option Included

Fuel surcharge $5.25

Coverage Included

Total $75.20

Small Packet USA Air (See Canada Postal Guide)

Base Price $7.90

Coverage Included

Total $7.90

PS this is the minimum... im not sure so if you can please add 5$ to each shipping price to compensate for the charges + paypal

Thanks

Jay

Me- aite sounds good whats you paypal address. ill let you know in that which shipping i want.

Jay- paypal= billing@xsessive.com

Me- payment sent

Jay- Will be shipped first thing Monday

Me- hey jay where you able to ship the grill out. i got the lights but have not recieved the grill

Jay- I thought our final agreement was just the lights... The grill is pretty pricy to ship out... its a large package and fragile...

Let me know

Jay

Me- from a previous message

Personal Message

Pathfinder-jay

Hey, Jul 9 2006, 10:04 AM

For grill and lights, ill do 60, lights are brand new... bare with me please

Jay- Shipping of he grill will be more expensive bud... If not ill send you 15$ back and you just keep the lights... up to you

Sorry for the confusion

Me- orginally only wanted the grill as i had lights that work, then i saw your post of the lights in black and figured they would match to go along with the grill. i offered you 35 dollars plus shipping for the grill and you were okay with that. so i think that you should ship me the grill. if not i can always post up with the messages you sent me and just let the people know on here not to deal with you.

Jay- fist of all you paid me 25$ for shipping and for the grill it would be 50+ Dollars... im very sorry for the confusion sir, If you wish to send the lights back and I refund you money id be more then happy to.

Once again sorry

Jay

Me- how do you know it would be 50+. have you weighed it or even tried to find a box.

Jay- Alright bud like i said ill pay shipping for my lights back and we will just forget about it. I just paid for those lights brand new... my grill is 15 years old and shipping to the states for a box that big is expensive. Im very sorry for the confusion I dont know what else to say. Can we not come to some agreement. I obvioulsy didnt mean for this to happen or I would of charged you more on shipping....

Jay

Me- you also even asked me for an overall price. i gave yo one, then you raised it and i agreed to that. so to me it seems like you know what you were doing. check your sent msgs and read through them.

Jay- Ok bud no problem

Me- alright then ill ship em back. i want a full refund then.

Me- have you sent the refund and the money to ship em back

Jay- Im sorry im not paying you to ship my own lights out. I gave you those lights way below cost. If you dont want them ill refund your money but not the shipping cost. Id just loose more money. I did this as a favor... im pretty poor if you have not read my recent adventures with my pathy and em in the mists of going through court.

Im not sure what you want to work out but I cannot afford to pay for shipping again bud. Try to sell them on here... you where not the only one who requested these lights... so im sure you could sell em and make your money back in no time

Jay- Hey bud whats going on with this? Please keep me posted Id like to resolve this

Me- m just gonna drop it and not deal with shipping it back. so i will deal with being ripped off and i will not do buisness with you again. Thank you

So pretty much he says one thing then your like okay and then he wants a completely different one and is not willing to stick to his word and is not trustworthy

I don't know what to say, things seem to be really hit and miss with him. I dealt with him for my skids, and everything went really well. However, that was after things got ugly with Marcel, and I was basically paying Marcel what Jay owed him for the skids. :shrug:

Basically, Jay, make it right. You're giving yourself a real bad name in this community, and while things were okay after the whole thing with the skids, this type of thing is making it very difficult to trust you. Your PM's clearly state that you're sending the lights and the grill.....do the right thing, even if you take a loss on it. It's your mistake.

I always thought the guy was sketchy starting from Day 1 when he joined the forums trying to advertise his site on here. Karma will catch up to him if he decides to not resolve the issue.

Packie, you know his address...There's probably an NPORA member or maybe his Cousin Vinnie near by that can go by and pick up the grill for you and maybe break some kneecaps at the same time.

P... :Magic:

funny. i was supposed to get those lights 4 months ago. :angry: and he was supposed to buy stuff from me and never did. hit and miss is right.

open a dispute with pay pal. it'll cost you way more to send the lights back. grilles don't weigh sh!t, and hell, i shipped a large item to canada and it only cost $20 or so...

jay.. WTF are you doing dude?

funny. i was supposed to get those lights 4 months ago. :angry: and he was supposed to buy stuff from me and never did. hit and miss is right.

open a dispute with pay pal. it'll cost you way more to send the lights back. grilles don't weigh sh!t, and hell, i shipped a large item to canada and it only cost $20 or so...

jay.. WTF are you doing dude?

You're right Slick, grill's don't weigh that much. I mean if k9 can send 88 an 11 pound package of rocks, I would think a plastic grill wouldn't be a wallet breaker...

Its sad to say, but his story has always been pretty shady from the beginning. "Hi, I'm gonna drop XXXX Grand to rebuild my Pathy cause I love it. I have no idea what I'm doing, and I keep getting ripped off. What? Yes, I know I could buy a much better Pathfinder for the price, but I like it...."

Its been a long debated story for sure. I'd proceed with whatever Paypal remedies you can achieve, or just keep the lights and call it done. But other than that, I'd bet your S.O.L. and should just walk away if nothing better works out. Maybe there should be a sticky about dealing with this guy from the other feedback.

yeah i already kept the lights and have decided to not just deal with him. it sucks that im SOL but what ever, i just thoguht i would let you guys know what happened and warn you guys that dealling with him is not fun.

I'm having an issue with an ebay buyer as we speak and am looking into the Paypal dispute route. I paid for the item Nov. 2nd...still waiting and waiting. I've e mailed him numerous times, each time he replied with another excuse.

Take the hang him by his testicles with rusty barbed fish hooks over a vat of molten magma route.

can we hire you to deal with the jackassholes that keep invading the board with trojans?

I was just wondering if this is a thread that should be pinned, if not in "off-topic", then in "parts for sale"... I know I'd be pretty choked as a newbie if I got burned by him down the road.

... And someone was mentioning something about him having a website. Is this a web site that sells things? If so, all the more reason to pin it. You Mods KNOW you're gonna get asked about this in the future by another newbie like me...