Helloooooooo California!

Slick

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I was looking for housing in inner sunset this weekend and parking and housing are just insane there. So I am looking at Daly City now. Problem is the work garage is only 6'7" and I'm pretty sure my height is 6'8". I might end up getting something like a 99 or 00 Miata for commuting and relieving the QX4 of daily driving duties.

Hmm. I just stumbled upon this thread.

San Jose is my place of residence.

Frank Raines and Hollister used to be my playgrounds, but I've been to those places too many times now, and it's just not fun anymore (or maybe I'm just getting old!) :) Now, I prefer to play east of gold country after the white stuff melts. That's where the REAL adventure is, baby! WAVEY

:o are you KIDDING MEEEEEEEEEEE???? you are in san ho? well sheeeeet. enjoi408 lives there too. he just came to FR with me, and yeah, i knwo what oyu mean about going somewhere so much.... so. what places do you adventure to now? maybe 1 day i can tag along? sly

so. what places do you adventure to now? maybe 1 day i can tag along?  sly

Like I said, my "stomping ground" now tends to be in the Sierras during the summer. Slow, rock-crawling sorta stuff. Last time I went to Frank Raines (back before it was closed due to the fire), I drove the [then-dry] riverbed.

Slick Rock, Sourgrass, Deer Valley, Niagara Rim...

Edited by XPLORx4

Some of the trails I mentioned above are like "beginner's versions" of the Rubicon. They're easy enough for a total newbie to attempt with a stock vehicle, but challenging enough to give you some good experience at rockcrawling.

Some of the trails I mentioned above are like "beginner's versions" of the Rubicon. They're easy enough for a total newbie to attempt with a stock vehicle, but challenging enough to give you some good experience at rockcrawling.

-bounce- whooooo! count me in! i did a lot of the con in my jeep.. but king is not quite ready for it yet....

at FR been done gone to the top of the hills, river bed, creek bed, all fire roads.......now i have a bad time with long, steep hills.. won't do 'em.... freak me out.

i have graduated to short, steep hills tho, which is good. getting better again.

had real bad experience at FR almost rolling the jeep all the way down the fire road that goes to the top of the hills...... we were 30 feet from the top when we went up on 2 wheels....... i haven't been the same since. :hide:

Im callin all Californians! We must go wheelin all at once! Pronto! :D

well now.. i'd love to.. but is till haven't fixed king...... SOON....... REAL SOON. should get my CL within a month..... and king should be runnin like a champ next week.... -bounce-

sssh so. dean.. looks like you gotta pathy posse to go with you next time...... hehehe....... let us know when you plan on takin another trip.... i miss wheelin in the sierras. -bounce-

you guys hear about this place in vacaville? by the looks of it.. its some pretty hardcore offroading.. but i think i might check it out next weekend.. they go every sunday.. some random guys private property and he gets lots of people to come offroading each weekend.. theres some vids and pics and a link to his page at this forum:

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=545532

you guys hear about this place in vacaville? by the looks of it.. its some pretty hardcore offroading.. but i think i might check it out next weekend.. they go every sunday.. some random guys private property and he gets lots of people to come offroading each weekend.. theres some vids and pics and a link to his page at this forum:

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=545532

:cool2: Thats close to where I live! I Gotta check that out sometime

im in davis so its close to me too.. i talked to them a little on that forum and they say there are easier trails... one guy said "i bet you could get your pathfinder through the lowerhells trail without any body damage".... im not sure if thats supposed to sound good or bad lol but it sounds like a lot of fun

i wanna go! but i dont think the stock '06 is ready for a good beatin

meh, there are things you can do and places to wheel without "beating" your pathy up.... sly while still having a buttload of fun :D