Oil Filter

John Boy

88 has a body lift, which makes getting at the :furious: oil filter 10 times easier. I have been meaning to get one of those oil filter cap things that will attach to a ratchet for the nissan filter but I have yet to actually do so. :wacko: So far I usually end up taking a big slip joint wrench and loosening it from above that way. Also (on my 88) it looks like there's enough room for you to remove the filter through the fender (if you take off the rubber gap gaurd) but mine just barely gets hung up (with the stock Nissan filter). :angry:

I find it easier to just use the FRAM O/F with the grip on the bottom. :)

Ew...stop using the Fram filters. They're poorly designed and have been known to fail, letting dirt and debris shoot right through the engine. There's a reason they only cost like $4...

I put them on and take them off by hand, no wrench needed.

me too...cept last time i had to use my roomates filter wrench to break it loose...i donno how it got on there so tight...i go strait in from the top and pull it out right up by the fuel filter...

Me too. I have a pretty sturdy grip so that's what I did. I have a couple of burn scars from the exhaust manifolds too.

yeah me too, im 6' 2" and 230 pounds but I put them on so tight sometimes I cant get it back off 3000 miles later and they ALWAYS seem to get oil on them some way or another so now I use the sandpaper as a guide, i just get it tight with that and its done.

Ew...stop using the Fram filters. They're poorly designed and have been known to fail, letting dirt and debris shoot right through the engine. There's a reason they only cost like $4...

I ran a parts store for many years.

We cut several filters apart and I will confirm, FRAM IS THE WORST FILTER MADE!