fordsho90

66 members have voted

1. 1. a/c in your pathy?

• yes I have it AND i use it
    • yes I have it but with the gas prices dont use it
    • yes I have it but im to tough to use it
    • no dont have it and wish I did
    • no dont have it nor do I care to have it
    • yes I have it BUT I took off my compresser to gain extra 1-2hp(yeah right)
    • yeaha I got it....its called 80 mph a/c
    • i am too cheap to fix it!

Out of curiosity, has anyone done a highway mpg comparison of "A/C on with windows up" versus "A/C off with windows down" in the Pathy?

In many vehicles, the aerodynamic advantage of having the windows closed at speed more than offsets the mechanical load of the compressor so the mpg using the A/C on the highway is higher than driving with windows open. But in others, not. Based on the wind noise, I suspect the Pathy is one of the nots, but don't know.

Obviously, the advantage does not apply during slow speed driving.

Out of curiosity, has anyone done a highway mpg comparison of "A/C on with windows up" versus "A/C off with windows down" in the Pathy?

In many vehicles, the aerodynamic advantage of having the windows closed at speed more than offsets the mechanical load of the compressor so the mpg using the A/C on the highway is higher than driving with windows open. But in others, not. Based on the wind noise, I suspect the Pathy is one of the nots, but don't know.

seems to be the same. i get best milage 40-50mph regardless what accessories are on/off.

Hmm, I had it and almost never used it until I crashed my truck. Now I don't have it, but wished I did in rare occasions. I have all the parts (condensor/lines/etc) in the garage but haven't had the time to put it in yet...

I didn't see that category... :shrug:

B

Hmm, I had it and almost never used it until I crashed my truck. Now I don't have it, but wished I did in rare occasions. I have all the parts (condensor/lines/etc) in the garage but haven't had the time to put it in yet...

I didn't see that category...  :shrug:

B

no dont have it and wish I did :crazy:

Edited by mzxtreme

Sorry, if you read it all, I have it, just not in the truck and it's not important enough to be a priority to install as I didn't use it when I had it... :P

Oh, forget it...

B

In many vehicles, the aerodynamic advantage of having the windows closed at speed more than offsets the mechanical load of the compressor so the mpg using the A/C on the highway is higher than driving with windows open.  But in others, not.  Based on the wind noise, I suspect the Pathy is one of the nots, but don't know.

*Whips out 1988 Owners Manual and turns to page 2-2

• When cruising at highway speeds, it is more economical to use the air conditioner and leave the window closed to reduce drag.

Any time the AC needs to be worked on the system needs to be properly evacuated and recharged. The quote should include those costs (typically about $100), also the Expansion valve isn't the easiest part to get to, quite labor intensive. That's a pretty good price if it includes evacuation and recharge of the system.

Any time the AC needs to be worked on the system needs to be properly evacuated and recharged. The quote should include those costs (typically about $100), also the Expansion valve isn't the easiest part to get to, quite labor intensive. That's a pretty good price if it includes evacuation and recharge of the system.

It does include the evacuate and recharge.. I'm lazy. It's hot. I'm kissing $355 goodbye and saying hello to working A/C again!!!

eleventy trillion times yes, I have it and use it. It's that auto climate control, and nothing says LAZY like just pushing one button to set the temp. where I want it :lol:

Its called spoiled...lol

Windows rolled down beats AC any day.

AC belt recently broke but I got a new one put on pretty quickly afterwards. Its not so much that I use it that often, more just of a comfort thing, knowing I have it there if I want it. Fresh air is always better though I think, only reason I'd use it is if I'm either sitting still or its really humid outside.

• 3 weeks later...