Spacer interest...again

tmorgan4

Hello everyone...

I posted something similar awhile back since lots of people were interested in getting some 1" aluminum spacers. I originally didn't take on the project since I wanted to stick with my current guy that only deals with steel and he could cut 3/8" max.

I've been getting a few people asking lately so I found a new supplier. They won't be incredibly cheap, but about $80 + shipping. 1" thick aluminum is pricey!

Just trying to get an idea of who wants them. I'll most likely have a batch made within the next few weeks.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was there not some conversations about the alignment of these spacers on the AC board? I remember comparing two supplied drawings and noticing a significant difference in bolt alignment.

I know the subject of material came up and Delrin, though expensive, seemed to be the material of choice, though I'm sure Al is perfect in this case. I really can't see disimilar metals being and issue in this application.

$80 is a great price folks. I would charge at least that if I were to CNC these myself.

I'm a noob here. Can I get a description of the spacers and how they are installed? I am assuming these are spring pad spacers to give a small suspension lift? Is there any other hardware required, like longer bolts etc?

Thanks guys

I'm a noob here. Can I get a description of the spacers and how they are installed? I am assuming these are spring pad spacers to give a small suspension lift? Is there any other hardware required, like longer bolts etc?

I would like the same please.... is this like adding 1" to your springs?

Well, basically I want the Prado lift, but I also want to retain my stock Infiniti springs because they are just so smooth.

WIll the 1" spacer act like a spring with 1" added onto it (bend the CV slightly)??

What do you guys think of Prado lift on stock springs and possibly spacer...

Yep...I'd listen to the above. Seriously...I really don't think you guys will be wanting too much more height. The spacers act just like a lift spring, but they actually increase the downtravel since it's extending the strut. This is bad on the CVs and I'd recommend adding some sort of limiting strap however some people have run them with lift springs with no problems to date.

And stock springs will be fine with the Prado lift. It will ride exactly like it does now, but higher (obviously) if you don't change the spring combination. I ran stock springs on mine for a month or two but opted for the OME HDs due to the weight of a bumper + winch. I weighed the thing the other day at just under #190. :eek:

Well, basically I want the Prado lift, but I also want to retain my stock Infiniti springs because they are just so smooth.

I personally would go with OME coils instead of stock. The AC coil is supposedly 20% stiffer than stock and the OME 10% stiffer than stock. It is not harsh at all. It rides better than stock with the upgraded struts and shocks. The only reason I don't suggest the AC coils is I hate them topping out.