SE or XE?

TeenZombie

1995 Nissan Pathfinder XE or SE, which do you like better?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. 1995 Nissan Pathfinder XE or SE, which do you like better?

• XE
    • SE

• 1 month later...
you can shoot out of your car up thar ??

lol, wow sorry haven't checked back to this post til today. NO we definitely cannot shoot out of our windows! :D When I said spotting scope, I meant spotting scope...like binoculars, not the scope mounted on my rifle.

Sorry for any misunderstanding. I would never even consider carrying a loaded firearm in my vehicle, let alone fire one out of the window.:nono:

Edited by madhatter_xe

• 1 month later...

My XE is probably the barest of all. Only things that could even come close to an option are the internal spare tire mount and the rear defroster. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING is manual. But I am happy with her and that is all that counts. She's going to be a fun project.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like my XE...it came with the factory roof rack, spoiler (the one that goes up and over the third brake light), rear defrost, sunroof...but that's about it. I've owned enough old trucks in the past to realize that I just don't want to mess with old window motors and regulators, or any of that stuff...much less an automatic Pathfinder tranny ;) So it's got manual windows, locks, mirrors (but I'm adding power mirrors, couldn't help myself), manual tranny....and talk about bare bones....I've got no carpeting in it at all...replaced with Herculiner front, back, and cargo area...who wants to vacuum after a trail ride? ;) Wash it out, unplug some of the floor grommets, and she's good as new (and yes the ECU is in the glove box). I added the tire carrier to mine from another donor Pathy headed to the parts yard. I don't need all that chrome stuff if it's going to spend all of it's life covered in mud and grime ;)

• 1 month later...

I have had 2 1990 Pathys. 1 XE and it was a beast. I loved that thing. It has even donated parts to my 1990 SE... but I have to say I like the SE. Where my XE had power windows, locks, but no A/C. My SE has auto climate control (which I love, and yes I know, I am a pansy when it comes to heat) But both have manuals. But my XE had the rear tire carrier as My SE doesent. Neither of them have factory roof racks... But my SE seats are 10x better than my XE seats. Also my SE doesent have chrome bumpers, as my XE didn't either. So as far as I can tell the only differences between My XE and my SE is the chrome trim around the dash, A/C and the front seats. But I have to say just because of the seats, the SE is the hands down winner in my book. :bow: (Damn that back of mine) HAHAHA.

• 2 months later...

I voted XE because that's what I have. 'course it has all the power bells and whistles of the SE but that wasn't my decision, I blame Hertz for that one. I would prefer mostly manual things like windows, locks and mirrors. The LSD is nice, though. I just wish it had disc brakes and a roofrack.

Who needs chrome and leather, this is a truck. It aint supposed to be perty, right?

I dont know if I have an XE or SE...it doesnt say anywhere, I have an LSD, climate control, cruise, pwr windows & locks, and rear tire carrier...I have a roof rack but it didnt come from the factory and no fog lights, so I think it's an SE, but I'm not sure. :shrug:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SuperSon

Why dont we just call our pathys XSE WAVEY

Not sure what my pathy is coz its been repainted but it has all the gizmos and its missing a few options like the step bar and a roofrack. I guess the paintshop that did the work forgot to put it back on and the lot where I bought it from just didnt care.

The options on any given Pathfinder really can't be used to tell what it was... Nissans lines on options and trim levels were extremely blurred.

My SE had to rack, no LSD, no Fender Flares (but does have fender trim), no rear spoiler.. while some XE's (and even some bottom of the barrel) had those options.

If you really want to know what trim level the truck was sold as originally then call your local dealer or (800) NISSAN-1 (800-647-7261) and give them your VIN#, they can tell you.

They can also tell you if there are any outstanding recalls on your truck. Like mine has never had the front seatbelts latches replaced.