the other ride

tecciball

I know some members list their other vehicles in the signature. And some just have multiple Pathys.

Just thought this would be interesting.

I have a White 06 Pontiac G6 GT. Nice engine/power/economy (when your foot stays out of it). Terrible on almost everything else. I had a 96 Sentra GXE before that. 8k miles in 2 months last summer shortened the life of that little cart. I was looking at 1k+ for inspection. I caught the dealer on a misprinted ad and made them honor it! :beer: That is the only reason I got a domestic. Only $172/month for 24 month including tax with 2k down. Unheard of for 25k +- vehicle. I will be going back to a foreign make after my lease is up. Thinking used Saab 9-3, Acura TL, or Nissan Max.

Edited by tecciball

They were bought out buy Hyundai last year I think.

Both companies are in Korea

Kia failed and went bankrupt a long time ago, I want to say 1998. Hyundai took them over and basically now sells Hyundai cars under a Kia badge.

With that said, it's not a bad car. A far cry from all of the other Kias.

Tecciball, at least you got a deal on the G6. I still can't stand GM products.

My next car may be an BMW E34 540i/6speed, maybe a BMW E36 328is if I can find a good one. It has to be a Bimmer. And the rest of my family are Bimmerheads, with the exception of Mom with her Murano. ;)

We have our 97 Pathy A 95 Honda Accord (for sale) a 95 Chevy Camaro, and the truck 2004 Chevy 2500 HD I love the truck because of it's power but cannot afford to drive it anymore gonna have to get rid of it i think.

Might as well jump in.. I've got my 87 pathy, and my other car.. a 1970 Firebird that currently sits in the driveway, awaiting time, attention and parts. It's together and can be driven, but thanks to an idiot friend over-revving it after a lengthy sit time (7 months or so) it now leaks every fluid except diff fluid and is in desperate need of a rebuild. P... one of these days....

There are only 2 BMWs that I would want, M1 or mid 80s M6. Any other just isn't worth the price of parts to me.

Didn't you have an E21?

I have an E30 and an E28 out 1,500 miles from me at the grandparents place.

The old M6 shark is one of my favorite cars ever! :o

I got a whole load of old Datsuns and a '69 AMC Javelin. The Javelin now needs and engine rebuild and some minor body resto. One day when I get time P... Some info pics of it HERE

Here's some of the Datsuns... The oldest Datsun I have is a 1962 Bluebird wagon from Australia. My favorite is my Datsun 510 which is modified for track use. I'm currently restoring a Datsun Sunny pickup which is from South Africa. I've project cars galore but rarest of the bunch is a 1977 Nissan Cedric 2800 GLE which is a pillarless sedan imported from Japan. It's probably the only one in Europe. My daily driver is a 1976 Datsun Bluebird into which I have just fitted THIS :D It get's it first test run on Sunday at the strip. I can't wait to suprise some Porsche drivers on the street WAVEY

-Ed

Hey Datsunman, isnt the Cedric in the Skyline(not GT-R) family? All of those old datsuns are the coolest! I damn near wrecked my pathy while staring at a restored 2000 roadster the other day.

Anyway, the only other car we got is the fiances 2004 Honda Civic 4dr. Ive already got her talked into buying a newer G35 hopefully next year!

Hey Datsunman, isnt the Cedric in the Skyline(not GT-R) family? All of those old datsuns are the coolest! I damn near wrecked my pathy while staring at a restored 2000 roadster the other day.

Anyway, the only other car we got is the fiances 2004 Honda Civic 4dr. Ive already got her talked into buying a newer G35 hopefully next year!

No, the Cedric and Gloria range were one size up from the Skyline and Laurel ranges. The only model above the Cedric until the 1990's was the President (4.4L V8 ...later ones were sold in the US as an Infinity Q45). Roadsters were never sold here in the UK and there's only about a dozen or so here. I have owned a couple of ones in need of resto but never had one that was roadworthy. One day, I'd like to import a nice one.

Good move on the G35 :aok: We get nothing like that here ..no Infinitis at all and Nissan range is now pitifully small compared with how it used to be. I have a new Pathfinder (they sell that here now in place of the Patrol) as they look pretty cool but waaaay out of my budget!

I've got a 99.5 MKIV VW GTI as the daily driver. 5 year loan, 3.9% $177.80/month.

Good car, had a few issues since I bought it at 47K miles, and just did the timing belt/water pump for $200.

Figure I'll get something either sportier (the little 2.0 isn't fast enough) or something with better economy. EG a VW or Mercedes diesel.

And next year I'll hopefully be looking into a Honda shadow or similar cruiser bike once I can get through the STARS program.

I've got a 99.5 MKIV VW GTI as the daily driver.  5 year loan, 3.9% $177.80/month.

Good car, had a few issues since I bought it at 47K miles, and just did the timing belt/water pump for $200.

Figure I'll get something either sportier (the little 2.0 isn't fast enough) or something with better economy. EG a VW or Mercedes diesel.

Ahh, I miss my 2002 GTI 1.8T. Girls first thought it was a "cute" Golf, then sat in it and loved the black leather, moonroof, stickshift, and 3-spoke wheel, then once we got up to 130 they loved it! I miss that car so much, it was one of those cars that actually got me somewhere with wimmenz. B)

Never been a fan of the 2.0 though. And FYI, there are no 2007 diesels, or what I've heard. Snap up an '06!

Edited by OR99.5Speed

My wife drives our 2004 Hyundai Accent GT.

Hey, at least I don't need to defend the fact that it isn't cool/fast/expensive/good looking :D

What is IS though is great on gas and incredibly reliable. We put 60K miles on it in a little over 2 years and it still feels like we just drove it off the lot.

and 14'' Kumho's ran me $36 apiece, too :D

Edited by navygz19

:blink: do i reallllllllllly have to go there again? lol....... ok......

me:

92 pathy

"72" chevy 2wd fleetside

sold my 80 chevy 4x4 frame

is a travel trailer considered a "vehicle"? well.. i have a 30' one of them

dave (aka: thunderbox):

73 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4

74 camaro LT

74 2 door nova

350 powered sand rail & trailer

79 1 ton dually

and parts & motors enuff to build 4 more trucks

(lots of parts but no whole body to a 71 firebird)

:blink:

alan (daves bro):

73 3/4 ton cehvy 4x4

3 suburbans of varying ages (2x 1/2 ton & 1 x 3/4 ton)

74 K5 blazer

stolen VW sand rail & trailer

diamond plate car hauler trailer

74 el camino

and their mom has a 89 cadillac el dorado ... needless to say our driveway and backtard are FULL!!!!!! :blink:

Edited by Slick

We have a 04 Sienna, CE 7 passenger (as base as they came).

Very happy with it, gets great gas mileage (average 34 MPG on the highway), kids like it better than the Pathy (bad kids).

Edited by Trainman

Ahh, I miss my 2002 GTI 1.8T. Girls first thought it was a "cute" Golf, then sat in it and loved the black leather, moonroof, stickshift, and 3-spoke wheel, then once we got up to 130 they loved it! I miss that car so much, it was one of those cars that actually got me somewhere with wimmenz. B)

Never been a fan of the 2.0 though. And FYI, there are no 2007 diesels, or what I've heard. Snap up an '06!

He he, yeah they are flashy little rides for sure.

If I stay VW though I'll probably be staying with the MKIV's, don't like the look of the MKV's and really don't want a higher car payment. Hell I might even step back a generation or two....or three :)

Or I'll succumb to the will of MZ and be driving a mercedes before years end.... :rolleyes:

Well my families car department consists of:

my bros 71 mustang just put in a 351w and rebuilt c-4 tranny, completely new interior, and its on the way to the paint shop...

my dad has a 2000 F250 Super Duty Triton V10, 4 door, 2 inch lift,its pretty cool, i keep trying to get him to put a chip in it and bigger exhaust and such to make it even faster.....

i just got a 2002 Ford ranger since my pathy died and have been impressed with it considering how basic the whole thing is

and finally my mom has the beloved big red van... 1999 nissan quest, enough said.

all are paid off in full and were bought straight up with cash or check

He he, yeah they are flashy little rides for sure.

If I stay VW though I'll probably be staying with the MKIV's, don't like the look of the MKV's and really don't want a higher car payment. Hell I might even step back a generation or two....or three :)

Or I'll succumb to the will of MZ and be driving a mercedes before years end.... :rolleyes:

I'm not positive I'd buy another MKIV; the new MKV is soooo much better. My brother is probably getting a new GLI, which makes me extremely jealous! :furious:

If I were you I'd do a new GTI. It really would be worth the higher payment, they're that good. Especially with DSG.

If you do a Benz, go old-school, like a 300E or 190E. Or an old-school BMW. Do EET!

My everyday car ('76 Datsun 610) got a heart transplant last week and on Sunday I took it to the strip for some testing. Even with really poor traction of the line (only had 185/60x14 tyres it) it suprised a few spectators :D

eddie_pod.jpg

Here's a slightly poor quality video clip. The car in the other lane was a Ford Capri 3100RS ..I bet he wasn't expecting to get smoked by an old Datsun P...

My Terrano got it's first workout as a tow vehicle too by towing the Datsun there and back. Gotta be the best tow vehicle I've ever had! Towed it like it wasn't there and the all wheel disc brakes haul up the car and trailer really easily B)

-Ed