newly aquired respect

unccpathfinder

i've been working now in the real world for 4 weeks with an hr commute each way...work is awsome and couldnt ask for anything more than it be a lil closer...but damn the weekends are a lot better in the working world than in college...cuze in college you could blow off class or get drunk any night and attend class but not actually retain nething but with work and my drive i cant do that cuze i'd just sleep thru it so the weekends is now the only buzz catcher (cept for last weds night) so im saving lots of $ on beer while making a lot more than while i was in college (something seems backwards here)

but now i have a new found appreciation for the weekends which is mostly consumed in the garage working on the pathy's

what brought this all about is having to sit thru 6 hrs of wedding and reception (alchohol free here inlies the problem) dinner today knowing there was work i could be doing and it was for people that i've known for a year and for half of that they've hated me for my remarks to their actions in my house (roomate/friends of the gf so i was obligated) so yea the first 2-3 hrs it was cool but after that i was hot sweaty had a head ache and had better things to do like turn wrenches on the pathy...so now my attitude reflected that and blah whatever yall dont wanna read about it but...

it really made me realize what i like to do as a hobby (not that i didnt know) but make me appreciate it more and was wondering if any had similar stories

but till then -alcohol- :beer: -alcohol-

haha i know what you mean man. yeah I dont have a fulltime job..but the past summer I did. and i would work 10hr days. and have NO time to do anything but go home and sleep. and then its like you have the weekend..and you really appreciate it and try to cram as much stuff you can do into those 2 days. ahh the weekends were awsome. and im soon to be starting a new job in road construction...and that should be fun ;p

id always try and work on my pathy to. -alcohol- -alcohol-

Congratulations and welcome to the work force! You only have 40 or 50 years left 'till retirement and they'll just fly by. lol.gif

FYI...

It takes $$$$ to retire not Time....

:clap: congrats on entering the "real" world (work.. no time for anything during the week..blah blah) feels good come friday night huh! sly -bounce-

i love my job, like you, wish it was a bit closer (it's 21 miles each way) but i cherish my days off... as i need/want money i am working as much as i can and working my days off as much as i can too.

a healthy pay packet and a weekend of pathy wrenchin is most excellent and rewarding for sure :beer:

FYI...

It takes $$$$ to retire not Time....

well we did just get the lottery here in NC... :laugh:

real worlds not too bad yet...dont really have any obligations except for insurance, rent, utilities, and student loans....and all of my projects which i need to have all under their own power before december so i can move without costing me a fortune

Well, it’s about time you wipper snappers showed some respect to us older folk. I am on the downhill side of that 50 years to retirement BS someone posted and it goes by REAL fast. Welcome! :lol::P:D

Now I need some :bed: rather than -alcohol- to get ready for another work week.

well im slowly working my sleep tolerance back to a minimum like i used to my freshman and sophomore year i'm down to about 5-6 hrs a night not quite the 3 i was getting back then but lately i'd been really lazy and getting about 9 hrs a night

well hopefully these years wont go by too fast but the weeks havent started getting long yet so thats good...but they better get me an lcd screen soon b/c i got my 1st migrane off of that crappy CRT that flickers like no bodies buisness last week

and i feel good about it b/c i know so many people that graduated and dont have a real job and im so thankful thats not me (esp cuze i dont have mommy and daddy to pay for everything)

i got my 1st migrane off of that crappy CRT that flickers like no bodies buisness last week

Try adjusting the refresh rate, contrast, gamma, etc...

Regardless of the ribbing, welcome to the club of gainfully employed adults. It has it's benefits... Like you, I never had any help so I know how it is. Dig in, do well, secure a solid future and reap the rewards !! :beer:

(just don't forget that you work to enjoy life)

B

... Regardless of the ribbing, welcome to the club of gainfully employed adults. It has it's benefits... Like you, I never had any help so I know how it is. Dig in, do well, secure a solid future and reap the rewards !! :beer:

(just don't forget that you work to enjoy life)

B

Exactly, or in some other words: work to live, do not live to work.

"We all got issues, pass the tissues"

Gay Robot

Enjoy your time in College partying, man :laugh:

I had TOO much of a good time there, that's how I ended up in the military and 6 years later, I am just now getting back into college!

Some people just discover what it is they're looking for later than others :P

Edited by navygz19

Exactly, or in some other words: work to live, do not live to work.

ohh u know it...my landlord came up today and i was pulling some body bolts outta wheelmans truck so i can get that outta the way asap and he was like man u come home change and get back to work and i was like ohh this isnt work this is playtime

i have realized another thing besides the gas i consume the hr drive really isnt noticable anymore...the best is the kick ass rock station here so by the time 3 or 4 songs have gone by i look at the clock and realize hey im almost home....

the monitor is crap if you turn on any fan or auxillary light in any of the adjoining cubicals it goes haywire flickering with some relation to the frequency of the applience turned on

now just gotta figure out whats gonna happen w/ me and the gf...shes leaving in december for god only knows what AFB and im not big on leaving the east coast yet and not really ready for that whole lets get married hoorah...not for a long long long time...got too many ladies in my life to get taken care of first (all my trucks)