interior mod question

slevin

I'm unable to locate the post(s) about the project of adding that wire basket (running the width inside)to the side/ceiling furthest back by the back window? you could reach in easily w/ the bag window open. any help?

What is this wire basket you speak of? I remember a mesh net type thing...and I have one in mine, screwed to the plastic inside the hatch. I put lightweight stuff in there, rope, zipties, etc. Got it out of the back of a Ford Exploder.

I've seen what I think your describing done on newer Pathys and Xterras, the ones I saw they just used the wire closet shelving and flipped it over so the part that would hang down in the closet, was turned toward the ceiling in the truck and kept the items from falling toward the front, it was accesable with the hatch open, and with the hatch closed it kept stuff from falling out the back. In the ones I saw done like that, they used clips already in the ceiling on their trucks to attach them though. On ours you might get away with using the mounting hardware they make for mounting them in a closet and just bolt it to the inner body structure.

I remember also. Someone added a 'loft' in the back of the pathy to carry things like tow straps, first aid, etc. Can't recall who though. If I get ambitious, I'll try searching.

Here's a pic of my dirty, DIRTY hatch with net. God, I gotta clean this thing....

hatchnet.jpg

nice idea for location Aaron, 'cept that my damned tailgate likes to hit me in the head as it is now. No need to add extra weight to it. :)

http://jcw.webepc.com/servlets/WebEPC35?ns...88|060|PAT|7770

Got mine from JCWhitney several years ago for the hatch and I'v had no problems with them since. :aok:

Which brand? I know the thing that kills mine is the cold weather, they halfway work when it is warm. I also know the ones I can buy locally for $25 each don't last worth a $h!t pssd .

• 1 month later...