"Sgt Lobo" Shelf

Pezzy

I stole the idea from my Xterra friends...

Great place to stash light stuff like blankets, extra coat, first aid kit... I love it!

All it is - is a piece of wire shelving from the orange box, trimmed to length...

BobCJuly9049.jpg

The back is held up by plumbers strapping, and a bolt..

I tore apart the moulding & found there was a support with a hole identical to the one

that the stock hook mounts too, all I had to do was line it up to drill a hole in the plastic...

BobCJuly9051.jpg

The front just slips into the stock hook

BobCJuly90531.jpg

B)

Great Idea. Unfortunately if someone smash my back door window just get my lunch box, I would hate to see what they would do it actually had something real in my car. Plus the back hatch window is a lot more $$$$.

Edited by Trialsin26

Guest blitZ

That is a good one. I saw something similar once, where a stretchy cargo net was attached in the same way. The cargo net is a little more out of site when not in use and doesn't get in the way when trying to load something bulky below.

I have a decent tint on my windows (although I do believe it is a factory tint) and because the shelf is high enough, you dont really see it when the truck is closed up... I only lose a couple inches (if that) of my view out the back window when driving...

Hey Pezzy, thats a great idea. Whether is your idea or not, I say, leave it to a woman to show us men how to become more organized and have a cleaner Pathy! LOL :cool2: :clap:

You couldn't look inside my rear windows if you tried. Having 5% tint over the stock mirror tint, really makes it impossible, even in broad daylight.

I've got a cargo net setup just like that, works great.. however i make sure all that is visible are cheap (tow strap, blankets, etc) because here at school they will smash a window for anything

yea, its attached by hooking a clip under the trim for the tail gate and the other clip to the same attach point pezzy used. works pretty well and it does a nice job keeping everying tight against the roof.

yea, its attached by hooking a clip under the trim for the tail gate and the other clip to the same attach point pezzy used. works pretty well and it does a nice job keeping everying tight against the roof.

WE NEED PICS!! apoke.gif

Allrighty I will see if I can convince my digital camera to give me a couple more shots before it officially dies...

Ok, well today I just got the shelf in...took me about 5 minutes to rig something up for the rear...Ended up just using zip ties and making like a zip tie chain and ran it under the molding right by the ceiling light.

Thanks again!

-- I took my net down this weekend for our trip (bike actually took it down on its way in) when i get it back up I will take some pictures for those who asked.