pics of pathfinder without side bars.

jroddvette

um ok... but it really wasnt much work for us to help him out... and now he gets an idea at least...

Although -- you'll probably have to see your pathy in person without them to fully decide if you like it... I personally couldnt care less about having them (and if you ever offroad -- you def want them off)...

Just think when the weather is crappy, and your truck all wet/messy, the backs of your pants stay cleaner without them! :)

Just think when the weather is crappy, and your truck all wet/messy, the backs of your pants stay cleaner without them! :)

That's for sure! On my way to my presentation last night, I had my nice pants on...get out of the truck..

You guessed it...salt snow and crap all over the back of my pants! :furious:

Actually mine saved the rocker panels this past weekend. I definately need bigger tires and more lift !!! The AC Lift just isnt enough !

I've been wheeling with no rails or sliders (my next mod is sliders).. I have heard a few sad stories of those who have wheeled with the stock rails, and came up against an obstacle, and the rail bent like tinfoil... into the truck, causing more damage than they would have had without the rails.

I've been wheeling with no rails or sliders (my next mod is sliders).. I have heard a few sad stories of those who have wheeled with the stock rails, and came up against an obstacle, and the rail bent like tinfoil... into the truck, causing more damage than they would have had without the rails.

I must be one of the lucky ones. My stock rails held up well when I decided to dent and scrape them though I never put the full weight of the pathy on them. If nothing else, they'll tell you if you are exceeding your ground clearance.

yeah, your cool.

I'm not trying to be cool, I'm trying to get people to use common sense and do things themselves instead of asking everyone else for advice/pics/a complete write-up on How To Remove Side Step Bars, you know? There are about three steps. It's fairly simple stuff. Pay attention.

One: get under the Pathy. Two: use the appropriate tool to remove the bolts holding on the bar. Three: stand back and open your eyes. Evaluate what you see. Do you like it? If so, repeat on the other side. That's about it...

Also, it's spelled "you're". Thank you.

Sounds like somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning...

Seeing a picture can help you imagine your pathy and since we'v got so many members with a variety of set-ups finding and or asking for pictures is a simple task. But 88 does have a point, taking them off is going to be the best way to find if you really like it. Remember things ALWAYS look different in person.

Oh and 88 is cool. :cool2:

I personally think R50's look better without the steps. And I wonder just how much abuse they can stand up to...though I'm skeptical to find out :huh:

So I just owned myself...

Just got back from the local mud pit and smacked my stocker driver side step on a clay/rock pile. It dented the underneath and scraped up the side pretty bad. Otherwise it's :aok:

P.S. First damage to my new-ish Pathy :P

So I just owned myself...

Just got back from the local mud pit and smacked my stocker driver side step on a clay/rock pile.  It dented the underneath and scraped up the side pretty bad.  Otherwise it's  :aok:

P.S.  First damage to my new-ish Pathy  :P

Pictures? :P (someone will ask)

So the damage was only to the step rail, not to the sill of the truck?

I think I have the same ones as you do and would like to know how they held up. My kids need them to get in/out of the truck and keep reasonably clean so they are staying on. I just step farther out to avoid the back of the pants mess.

Edited by Trainman

I'm trying to get people to use common sense and do things themselves instead of asking everyone else for advice/pics/a complete write-up on How To

Guess we might as well not post anymore on anything :lol:

Just had to poke at ya :P

Well this post took a wierd twist... but my website has pix of my 97 with Sliderz. Your kids can still use these as steps, I put grip tape on the top surface for that reason.

If you have stock rails and they are rusty, I would strongly recommend these as replacements. If you play off-road sooner or later you will be in a situation where these will pay for themselves. And if you don't go off-road these just may help if you ever get hit on the side by another vehicle. They bolt on to the same holes the factory (cosmetic) rails use, and cost about $400. shipped to your door.

The black paint is pretty basic and they will start to show surface rust - I spray them with flat black each season - these are pure utility rails, so if you're concerned about the looks you could have them painted to match the body. I think you can order them unpainted for a few bucks less.

m.