Post your Favorite Recipies

Precise1

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a Serious Note:

SeaFood Fettichini (or how ever it is spelled)

1lb Dungeness Crab meat(just about any even imitation crab works)

1lb Prawns(Shrimp)Peeled and veined

1/2 lb Scallops

1/2 lb squid/octopus (optional, I love it)

1 Quart of Whipping Cream

Lotsa Parmesan Cheese -bounce-

Lots of Garlic and Butter(Green Onions and mushrooms optinal)

Olive Oil :bow:

1 bag of preferred Noodles.

1 Loaf of Garlic Bread

While water is coming to a boil for the noodle: Add noodles :wacko:

Saut'e the Crab, Prawns, and Scallops(go in last, they cook to fast) in Olive oil and butter. Then add the Cream, bring to a boil to reduce, careful not to burn or its all wasted. About 10 min on a low boil will thicken up the mix, add some Parmesan -bounce- Once you remove it from the heat it will thicken up more.

(Have had request and have prepared the cream seperatly) sssh

Put noodles on a deep plate, and add Garlic, Parmesan and SeaFood to your Hearts Delights

For those that are local, next time this is on the menu, ill let you know :gossip:

Mine's really easy!

You will require:

cereal

a bowl

milk

a spoon

1) fill bowl with desired amount of cereal

2) add desired amount of milk

3) eat :aok:

/cooking is not my forte

Here is an interesting one I stumbled across. I haven't made it yet, so no reviews are available... :shrug:

Succulent Scorpion on Endive with Herb Cheese

12 scorpions (preferably 2 inches or larger)

2 cups cabernet sauvignon

Juice of 1 lemon

2 tablespoons honey

12 endive leaves (3 inches long)

1/2 cup chopped fresh basil or parsley

6 ounces creme fraiche or cream cheese

Marinate scorpions in wine in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Heat oven to 250 degrees. Blot excess wine from scorpions with paper towel. Lightly glaze scorpions with honey and lemon juice. Transfer to baking sheet and dry slightly in oven for 3 to 5 minutes (smaller scorpions will require shorter drying time). Be careful not to bake or overdry; scorpions should remain supple. Remove from baking tray; let cool.

Wash and dry endive. Mix basil into creme fraiche. Add a dollop of the mixture to each endive leaf and gently place scorpions on top.

Suggested wine: Dennison says the herbal, grassy notes of the Redwood Creek 2003 Sauvignon Blanc complement the crunchy scorpions in texture and flavor.

B

probably one of the greatest meals:

Ingredients:

Lotsa good beer on ice

several baguettes of fresh sourdough bread

pound or so of fresh butter

Big bag of fish heads

Equipment:

several good friends

big cook pot

tongs

Coleman stove

Couple of crab pots

rope

Procedure:

- Go to where the Dungeness are.

- Attach fish heads to crab pots.

- IMPORTANT: attach one end of rope to crab pot, other end to something solid on shore.

- Huck crab pots into water

- Fire up Coleman

- Fill cook pot with preseasoned water (aka, seawater), put on to boil.

- open beer

- When water boils, pull up pot, toss critters into water, toss pot back in.

- tear off chunk of bread, butter liberally.

By continuously alternating beer, bread, and critters, I can achieve culinary nirvana (aka food coma) with about 3 hours of focused effort!

Dude, I'm with you. Mmmm... crab. We cruised the San Juan islands in extreme north WA (almost Canada) on the parents boat. Drop the pot, then grab a magazine and a beer and chill (ingest tequila and goldschlagger shots as needed). Dinner magically arrives on the stern a couple hours later. That, plus some freshly gathered oysters= OMG. Cracked, cleaned and simply boiled the crab, and the oysters were grilled on the bbq out back. Mmmmmmm...

On a side note, "aged" but not rotten chicken is great crab bait as well. Pick up whatever is on sale for dirt cheap (whole, quartered, etc.) and leave it out for say half-1 day, and you're golden.

Here is an interesting one I stumbled across. I haven't made it yet, so no reviews are available... :shrug:

2 cups cabernet sauvignon

Juice of 1 lemon

2 tablespoons honey

12 endive leaves (3 inches long)

1/2 cup chopped fresh basil or parsley

6 ounces creme fraiche or cream cheese

Marinate scorpions in wine in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Heat oven to 250 degrees. Blot excess wine from scorpions with paper towel. Lightly glaze scorpions with honey and lemon juice. Transfer to baking sheet and dry slightly in oven for 3 to 5 minutes (smaller scorpions will require shorter drying time). Be careful not to bake or overdry; scorpions should remain supple. Remove from baking tray; let cool.

Wash and dry endive. Mix basil into creme fraiche. Add a dollop of the mixture to each endive leaf and gently place scorpions on top.

Suggested wine: Dennison says the herbal, grassy notes of the Redwood Creek 2003 Sauvignon Blanc complement the crunchy scorpions in texture and flavor.

B

:oops: that has got to be the nastiest ever recipe.. omg.. *runs off to hurl again*

Here is an interesting one I stumbled across. I haven't made it yet, so no reviews are available...  :shrug:

Aaack! That recipe is incomplete.... and borderline dangerous.

The scorpions did NOT like being dumped in a bowl of wine and put in the fridge. I opened the door, and they were out of the pool... and man, were they PISSED!

:D

ps - are you supposed to eat them whole, like with the poison sac as well? I'm not feeling so good... :wacko:

Edited by mws

Damn Martin, do I have to explain everything to you ?? You put a LID on the container, and by the time you open it, the scorpions have gotten drunk, brawled and stung each other to death. Kinda like a superbowl party... ;)

Oh, did you eat the poisonous kind ?? MEDIC !!!

In the article I read, the 'purists' wouldn't eat one if the stinger wasn't intact. I have no idea what kind of scorp they used, but I do know that most animal (organic) poisons break down and are destroyed very quickly when exposed to heat. 3-5 minutes at 250 degrees doesn't seem like enough though. :shrug: I get back to you on that, maybe... :D

B

Chicken and sausage gumbo

2 pounds of skinless boneless chicken thigh or breast (some people use chicken on the bone)

1 Pound of cajun smoked sausage (Richards or Hackketts are the best ) but they are hard too find.

1 large yellow onion, diced.

1/4 pound of chives.

1diced green bell pepper.

pan fry all of theese items in a cast iron skillet on med.heat with pam or lard it does not matter, starting with the chicken then sausage then veggies. set aside in a big bowl.

ROUX FOR GUMBO

next put a 1/4 inch pool of oil corn ,canola, what ever get it very hot ad 1 cup of white flour and start stirring and keep stirring AND KEEP STIRING till your arm falls off or the flour oil mix turns brown like coffee with a little milk in it.then take your roux away from heat now.

take all of the above and add them all together in a BIG pot like the one for craw fish or crob boils and 1and1/2 gallons of water and boil for about 3 hours on med low heat.

cook 2 cups of white rice too add when done.

too season add salt, pepper ,garlic ,and tonys chacheres creole seasoning or some other kind. and a side of potato salad ,eat a lot

and go take a nap. :bed:

A little turkey day reipe....

Ingredients:

1/2 Cup Chopped Yellow Onion

1/4 cup Chopped Celery

1 teaspoon Minced Garlic

1 teaspoon Kosher Salt

1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper

1 Cup Turkey Stock

2 cups Hand-pulled Bread

2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley Chopped

1 Tablespoon Fresh Chervil Chopped

1/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts

1/4 Cup Dried Cranberries

1/4 Cup Chopped Carrots

3 Tablespoons Melted Butter

Preparation:

In a large skillet, melt butter over Med heat. Add the onions, Celery, Carrots, and cook, Stirring, For 1 minute add the Bread and stock and cook, Stirring until bread is soft about 1 min. Add the nuts, cranberries, Salt, Pepper and fresh herbs. Remove from the heat. Taste and correct Seasoning. For a Richer Finish Add 2 Tablespoons of heavy Cream. Let cool You can make this a day in advance.

A lil drinky poo to go with yer stuffing....

Apple Cider Tea

1 ½ cups brewed black tea (can be brewed ahead of time)

1 ½ cups apple cider

2 tbsp. honey

2 orange slices

1 small cinnamon stick

1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg

Simmer all but the tea for 10 minutes. Add the tea and serve with the orange slices. Makes 3 cups.

• 1 month later...

ok, i made this a few days back and forgot to post it up then, yum:

twice baked taters: this is the quick version

get a baker and stick it in the microwave for about 8min. also set the oven to 350-400

remove and slice in half, dig out all the "meat" into a bowl, don't discard the skin.

in the bowl: mix/mash and add, cream cheese, butter and dill.

now refill the skins with the mixture. sprinkle salt and some cheddar on top.

put it in the oven for about 20-30min.. i also use broil on low for a few..

whala!.. they are awesome.. enjoy.

Raspberry Rum balls: (some of you will notice the reference)

Not to be found in ANY recipe book…

Based on a traditional favorite…

Modified by someone not fond of chocolate (hence, no cocoa powder)…

Made at 11:30 last night…

Even the dogs liked them…

Nancy too…

Of course, I had to sample as I prepared them…

Mmmmm…. Rum…..

One for the cookies… one for me….

I slept well last night…

A little fuzzy this morning though…

Ok… on with the recipe….

If I remember correctly…

For each batch…

2 cups finely ground/crushed Nilla wafers

1 cup finely ground pecans (without shells)

1 cup confectioners sugar (powdered sugar for those who don't know the terminology)

Mix all these dry ingredients well.

To the mixture, add…

3 tablespoons light corn syrup (Kayro)

1 teaspoon DaVinci sugar-free raspberry syrup (found in coffee shops or order on the web)

1/4 cup Cruzan Raspberry rum

Mix well until even consistency

Roll into 1 inch balls and lay on cookie sheet or countertop or car hood, or whatever and let them sit for 15 min or so.

They will firm up a little bit

Throw a handful of confectioners sugar in a bowl

Roll your balls in the sugar until coated.

Store your sugar coated balls in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.

You may freeze your balls if you wish, taking them out for special occasions.

You may keep your balls to yourself or share them with friends.

If you wish to display your balls, I would suggest placing them on a dark colored festive plate.

Don't play with your balls as they will make a mess if you do.

For freshness, you may again lightly dust your balls with confectioners sugar just before serving.

If you prefer your balls darker, you can substitute spiced rum for the raspberry rum, eliminate the raspberry syrup and add 1/4 cup cocoa powder

Makes about 3 dozen

Just got this from my Aunt today:

GrandPeres,

Dumplings

2 cups flour

2 tbsp. sugar

4 tsp. baking powder

1/3 cup butter or margarine

1 cup milk

Syrup

2 cups brown sugar

2 tbsp. butter or margarine

1 cup boiling water

1 tsp. vanilla

Make syrup and dumplings, add ¾ cups of boiling water to syrup to thin a bit, then drop spoonfuls of dough into the syrup and cook dumplings until they are not doughie in center, add a little more water if syrup becames too thick. Great with Ice Cream.

-bounce- i just went n got taters to bake n my pathy died..... but with the aide of a BF extension (no hammer handy) i smacked the neg lead around enuff to make her go.. and now i am shopping for battery leads while eating my tater..YUM!!!!

I've been cooking for almost four years now at a local steakhouse, and i ve picked up quite the amount of fancy recipees, but my favorote goes to the Tuscan Tenderloin Tortellini, its basically a steak pastawith green peppers, onions, and spinach, with cheese filled noodles (tortellini) :takebow: