Post your Favorite Recipies

Precise1

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

*snort*

No worries, it's not like you can waddle away fast enough to save yourself... :D

Ok, so I was looking up baking temps for salmon (the whole thing) and every one was ready to give me a temperature and estimated time, but in my day and age of thermometers (both digital and mechanical) that method is antiquated. Thankfully I was able to find helpful advice like this...

Bake salmon at 350 degrees. Like most fish, it is easy to overcook. To avoid this, bake the salmon at a low temperature for 25 minutes.

Ok, after much :headwall: , the suggestion was to cook until 140-145F counting on it rising from there (how much was not said). Mine hit a high of 153 and I will give feed back, but I'm pretty sure the foil covered little darling will satisfy me.

B

• 4 months later...

Thought I would share my wifes bread recipie, as we have been using it a ton lately. Personally, its one of the best I have ever had. Enjoy!!

-1/2 cup warm water (110deg)

-1/2 cup warm milk

-1 egg

-1/3 cup butter, softened

-1/3 cup sugar

-1 teaspoon salt

-3 3/4 cups flour (all purpose)

-1 package yeast

We use a bread machine to mix everything(got it at a garage sale for 3 bucks!)

Otherwise, mix and let rise.

We have used this so far for rolls, breadsticks, pizza dough and stuffed pirouges. Mmmm....delicious!

• 1 month later...

Here is one that the Indian restaurant I went to last weekend emailed me. I haven't tried it yet, but I will!!

This one is dedicated to you GG!! :tongue:

Recipe of the month

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA - LABABDAR - AKA CTM ®

Cooking Time: 25 min. Preparation Time: 15 min. Serves 6.

Ingredients:

For the Chicken Tikka - Marinade

4 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast(fresh)

½ Tbsp Cumin seeds powdered

½ Tbsp Coriander seeds powdered

¼ Tbsp Turmeric powder

½ Tbsp Garam Masala (Sizzling Tandoori Masala)

1 Tbsp Chili(Cayenne) powder(Optional if you like mild)

1 Tbsp Paprika powder(for a bright red color)

1 Tbsp fresh Garlic paste

1 Tbsp Ginger paste

1 Tbsp Green chili(Thai, Jalapeño or Serrano) paste

4 Tbsp fresh Yogurt

1 Tbsp Cooking Oil

1 Tbsp White Vinegar or Lemon Juice

Salt to taste

For the Tikka masala sauce

3 cups Tomatoes, chopped or Tomato Puree

1 cup Onions, chopped

2 large cloves Garlic, chopped

½" piece Ginger, chopped

2 pieces of Cloves

1 stick Cinnamon

½ teaspoon Cumin seeds

¼ teaspoon Kasuri Methi (dried Fenugreek Leaves)

1 teaspoon Chili (Cayenne) powder (Optional if you like mild)

½ Tbsp Garam Masala (Sizzling Tandoor's Nawabi Chicken Masala)

½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream

½ cup Ground Cashew Powder

1 teaspoon oil

Salt to taste

How To Proceed

1. Butterfly the chicken breast and cut them into bite size pieces (AKA TIKKA) and pour vinegar and or lemon juice and salt.

2. Combine rest of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well to make the marinade for the Tikka.

3. Pour marinade over the resting chicken pieces and leave in refrigerator for at least two hours (24 hrs preferable).

4. Skewer the marinated chicken pieces onto skewers and cook them in a Tandoor (Charcoal Fired Clay Pit Oven) or grill.

5. Combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, and cook over a slow flame till soft. Allow to cool completely.

6. Blend the cool mixture to a smooth purée.

7. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.

8. When the seeds crackle, add the kasuri methi, chili powder and sauté for a few seconds.

9. Add the pureed mixture, cashew powder, Chicken Tikka, Cream and reduce to half.

10. Serve hot with steamed Basmati Rice or Fresh Naan (Fluffy handmade Indian Bread)

Recipe By: Vinay Patel, ("Curry Doc")

B

Irish Leg Of Lamb:

Leg of lamb

Generous application of Rock Salt and Garlic

Bottle of Guiness Stout

Wrap in eight layers of tin foil and cook in Roast tray with 4 cups of water in the bottom for 4 hours on 350F

I'm assuming you drink the Guiness??

I rotisserie a boneless leg of lamb, 20 minutes per lb.

Stud with garlic cloves pushed into knife holes, spray with garlic juice, apply garlic salt and black pepper and tuck 4 6" sprigs of rosemary into the netting. :aok:

B

Whiskey Mustard Steak

2 lb London Broil or whatever steak you forgot about in the bottom of the fridge until well past it's due date and is nice and brown/gray. (I don't recommend using the green ones)

Garlic salt

Black pepper

2 tbsp mustard (I prefer dijon but any works other than 'yellow' mustard)

1/2+ cup whiskey (bourbon=sweeter, scotch=smokier, rye=hint of sour)

1 tsp corn starch

Trim the rancid fat off of the steak and any of the more questionable bits, but don't over do it!!

Sprinkle with salt and pepper, more is probably better.

Coat one side with mustard and lay in an appropriate marinading dish.

Coat the remaining side with mustard and pour the whiskey over it, sampling for quality first of course.

Lift steak with a fork to allow whiskey to get under it.

Allow to marinade 1/2 hour per side, perhaps more if appropriate, after which you flip and baste every 5 minutes for 1/2 hour. Reserve marinade...

Heat frying pan to medium high and add 1 tbsp of olive oil, butter, bacon grease or what ever grease is still in the pan from last time, as per preference.

Sear the steak on both sides, approx 2-3 minutes each with full heat and then turn heat to medium and cook to desired wellness. Rare is brave!!

Set steak aside and pour marinade into the pan, stirring and deglazing.

Add corn starch and thicken into a sauce.

Pour over meat and serve.

You can add some rosemary, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and lemon juice to the sauce if you wish, but lets face it there is everything in there that could possibly be needed: blood, whiskey, mustard, salt and pepper...

Hey, is there any whiskey left??

B

• 3 weeks later...

Hunan Beef!!! Made this last night and it was much like what was made at a restaurant I frequented 20 years ago. I have not found the like since, most Hunan beef being a soggy, bland mess and most Szechuan beef some battered interpretation...

The ingredients aren't hard to find and can be used for many other dishes. If you want a twist to a beef dish, try this!! :beer:

Ingredients

* 1 lb beef flank steak or beef top sirloin steak, very thinly sliced across-the-grain

* 3 tablespoons peanut oil, divided

MARINADE

* 1 tablespoon soy sauce

* 2 tablespoons dry sherry

* 3 tablespoons water

HUNAN SAUCE

* 2 green onions, thinly sliced

* 1 Onion (optional)

* 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger

* 4 garlic cloves, minced

* 1 tablespoon asian chili paste with garlic (or to taste)

* 2 tablespoons sugar

* 2 tablespoons dry sherry

* 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil

* 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar (I use apple cider vinegar)

* 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper

Directions

1Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl and stir in the sliced beef; let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.

2Mix Hunan Sauce ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.

3After 20 minutes, drain the beef well, saving the marinade, and mix marinade into the Hunan Sauce bowl.

4Heat 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil in a skillet at medium-high heat.

5Stir fry the beef until it is cooked but still a bit rare.

6Remove beef onto a plate.

7Add remaining 2 tablespoons peanut oil to the skillet and stir-fry the Hunan Sauce mixture until fragrant.

8Stir in the beef, heat through and serve.

This will make a dish with sauce.

To have a more dry dish, do not add marinade into the sauce, fry the meat well until almost dry, add the sauce mixture and repeat at medium heat. Add extra onions/green onions in the last few minutes of cooking/sauce reduction.

****NOTES****

I added 1/4 tsp black pepper and less sugar can be used as per taste.

Add sliced onions to meat marinade, and reserve 1/2 cup of green onions and onions sliced into 1" pieces to add in the final few minutes of cooking so they remain somewhat crisp.

What it should look like...

DSC_0433.jpg

B

Edited by Precise1
updated

Best corn bread you will ever have.

preheat the oven to 400ºF !!!!!!!

1 cup yellow corn meal

1 cup all purpose flower

1/4 cup granulated sugar

1 Tbsp. Baking powder

1 Tsp. salt

1 Can (*15 oz) cream corn

1/3 cup vegetable oil

1 large egg lightly beaten

splash of milk

dash of honey

combine dry ingredients into one bowl

combine wet ingredients in another bowl

mix together until even consistency

grease a 9x9 or 13x9 pan

pour mix into pan and cook at 400ºF for about 20-25 minutes

• 1 year later...

I think I perfected a winner after 2 attempts!

Pesto Shrimp Pasta

1 lb. uncooked shrimp

2 red bell peppers, cut into roughly 1/2" squares (could use any color, but I think the red is milder than green and it gives some color contrast)

1 box Ronzoni "Garden Delight" pasta

1 8 oz jar Classico brand pesto sauce (I use it because a jar is 1/3 the price of fresh ingredients bought separately)

1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes (preferably an Italian style)

4 cloves of garlic, pressed

1/8 tsp cayenne pepper

1/8 tsp white pepper

1 tbsp olive oil

*(shredded Italian cheese blend, or Parmesan cheese)

Peal shrimp, including tail (if necessary), and coat with cayenne and white pepper, and set in refrigerator for 1 hour.

Prepare the pasta per box directions, drain and put into large bowl and mix in pesto, then set aside.

Heat oil in a medium sized skillet and cook peppers and garlic over medium-medium high heat for 6 minutes, stir fry so that garlic doesn't burn. Add tomatoes and continue cooking an additional 6 minutes, or until the "sauce" from the tomatoes begins to thicken. Add in the shrimp and cook until the shrimp are fully cooked.

Pour shrimp, tomato and peppers into bowl with pasta and pesto and combine thoroughly.

*Serve with a sprinkle of cheese on top.

I have been able to get all ingredients for under $10 lately (shrimp $5 a lb). Aside from the fat in the olive oil (in pesto and used in skillet) this is an incredibly healthy dish. The pasta listed is made from vegetables, and count a serving of them, with the peppers and tomatoes that gives you 2 vegetable servings in one dish. :aok:

• 1 year later...

Sweet, I've been looking for a good corn bread recipe (last I made was ok at best) so I will try this today!! :aok:

Yeah GG, I've used the Ronzoni Garden Delight pasta for a while now. Seems like a good idea to me.

So, here is a little something to whip up for when ever you want it. Lets call it Garlic Toast Mush... :D

Ingredients:

2 slices french bread

1 cup chopped onion

1 cup water

1/4 cup garlic (minced or crushed)

1 tsp olive oil

1 pat butter

1/2 tsp flour (optional)

1/8 tsp salt

1/8 tsp garlic salt

1/8 tsp black pepper

1/8 tsp white pepper.

Preparation:

Heat sauce pan to medium heat, add oil and butter, add onions, mix, add salts and peppers, and saute until 1/2 way carmelized.

Add garlic and cook until golden brown. DO NOT BURN THE GARLIC!!

(you can add 1/4 tsp flour and mix in before adding the water to help thicken)

Add water and simmer until reduced and thickened.

Toast french bread, place in shallow bowl and ladle mixture over the bread.

Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.

It's a great thing to make while you are waking up and waiting for the coffee pot to brew.

Anyone who likes onions or garlic will love it!

B

• 4 months later...

Grilled Venison roast... Ok, its more grilled pile of venison steaks and tenderloan but you get an idea.

7-8 pounds of frozen venison (Deer meat)

1 pound bacon.

Deice while prepairing what ever side dishs you have. I prefer Bacon and Keystone Light as my side dishs.

Now place you meat on a plate, It should be layered Steak, steak, tenderlan, steak, steak. Or until the meat is roughly 4-5 inchs high/ wide by 10-12 inchs long. With the tenderloan in the middle of at least two layers of steak. It you have more tender loan you can do two layers of it.

Wrap bacon around the pile of stacked meat and hold it in place with toothpicks (not the plastic ones)

Now for seasoning I try to change it up a bit, I usally use Season all and corse ground black pepper. You add this after each layer of meat but not the bacon.

But I have also done it with Garlic, Garlic pepper, Ms. Dash grilling blends and Mccormac steak blend.

Wrap meat in tin foil and place on grill (I use charcoal so cooking times may differ with gas)

It is usally fully cooked in 2.5-3 hours on a hot grill but make sure too start peaking after the first hour.

Once cooked completly remove from grill

I prefer this type of cooking of venison for a number of reasons, you make enough to last a full day and it doesnt taste gamey like it does when you just grill the steaks. It should be like pulled pork when its done. Basically saying you can stick a fork in it and come out with a good chunk that doesnt need to be cut.

Once I shoot another deer (Bambi sure tastes yummy) I will try diffrent styles, maybe a BBQ version.

Damn thinking aboot this makes me want to go out and shine me a big fat white tail.

I gotta go find my wildrice/chedder bacon soap and vodka battered walleye cooking instructions now.

So, I had a flank steak in the fridge that was getting a bit long in the tooth. It was still fine with some trimming and isn't marbled so no nasty lard but I wanted to give it a bath in something before I grilled it. Out of tequila but I had some vodka left over from making lox and gravlox salmon so, with some research I simplified and varied an earlier marinade.

1/2 cup vodka, the cheaper the better

1 lime, juiced (about 2 tbsp?)

2 tbsp EVOO

1 tbsp kosher salt (big difference, different grain and no iodine. best salt for food prep/curing/marinading and only $1 per pound)

1 tbsp fresh ground black pepper (fresh ground is a huge must, go buy a grinder (with steel plates) and a jar of peppercorns, well worth it)

1 tbsp ground cumin

1 tbsp dried rosemary (less if fresh, but you want a strong taste anyway)

1 tsp garlic juice (what I used, and while garlic is always per taste, I recommend more over less here)

Marinade for at least 2 hours (longer if possible, basting and flipping occasionally) and cook as prefered; broil, grill, fry, etc but I find that flank steak needs to be cooked medium+ to help break down the muscle fibers.

Good food and long life!! :beer:

B

• 2 weeks later...

wow as i was typing recipie for pulled hooker sandwich, i realized how morbid it really is, as i had gotten to the instructions part by the time I realized it. So here's a demotivational poster!

cannibalism-cannibalism-solution-to.jpg

Edited by Der_Vier

I thought the hooker was supposed to pull... nevermind.

Here's a recipe some friends and I came up with the other day.

You will need:

One large Philly Cheese Steak pizza, frozen

One box macaroni

One stick of butter

One pack of bacon

Maybe a quarter cup of flour

One or two cups of your choice of cheese

Milk as needed

Cayenne pepper (optional)

Melt the butter in a frying pan. When it's melted, add flour to thicken it, then heat and stir until it darkens up. Then add milk and cheese to make a cheese sauce. Spice if desired.

Start the pizza, following the instructions on the box, except put it on a greased cookie sheet.

Start the pasta.

Cook the bacon.

Combine the drained pasta with the cheese sauce. Stir in maybe half of the bacon, broken into bits.

Pour the resulting macaroni and cheese over the pizza. Cover with bacon, and more cheese if you feel like it.

Broil until the top of the mess is crispy.

Yes, we made this. It was delicious.

not so much a recepie as it is a quick snack

2e3b4ac5.jpg

take some mushrooms(smaller ones about a dozen, whole) and pu tthem in a 'bowl' made of aluminum foil. Drizzle oil (peanut/olive/vegtable, whatever your preferred poision is. I only had veggie so it did the job today) over the mushrooms, no need to drown just adding some flavor. Sprinkle some bacon bits over them and favorite seasoning (I am currently obsessed with Steak n Shakes self branded seasoning and yes I actually bought it). Fold edges of "bowl" over but not completly covered and cook on the top shelf of the grill on about medium flame setting (on a cheap Char-broil) for 8-10 minutes, basicly just browning the mushrooms. Dump in regular bowl and get your snack on while making your actual meal!

It depends on what kinda hooker your talking about, some pull and others are pulled... (Think Woody Harrison in Anger Mangament)

Only mussrooms I eat come on cheeseburgers with swiss and bacon.

To night I'm making brats and cheeseburgers. I have no bacon or swiss so there just basic grill & turn.