I'm gonna buy one!

Lextronix

These things are pretty sweet. They are about $40 Walmart so they aren't gonna break the bank. They also look pretty darn capable for their size and price. Here's a video:

http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=63152

and yes those are Mickey Thompson Baja Krawlers STANDARD!

Axles are locked already and they run a AAcell Battery pack. They are basically designed like a Mini-Clod(Motor on Axle x2) the only drawback is the Non-Proportional Gas and Steering.

:cool2:

Edited by Lextronix

And deeper gears, and stickier tires, and....

AACK! Just can't stop it, can we? :P

That does look like great fun! I have a couple of the little (1/18 scale?) Kyosho mini-Z Overland trucks and they are a hoot! Not the monster truck versions, but scale trucks. They have BMW X5 bodies for now, with scale 31x10.5" Yokohama Geolanders... seriously soft tires as well - sidewalls actually deflect! They have fully proportional steering and throttle, and the diff can be left open or locked, and it comes with multiple gear ratios. They were under $100 each, and really great for indoor rock crawling! We use NiMH batteries to keep cost down.

Now if only they were 4WD....

A buddy of mine has one of those, and he's already modded it. He flipped the rear suspension links to give it more clearance, and modded the tires.

It's a fun little toy, but it's a little bit small. I'm holding out for one of these.

We have an HPI Savage .21 as well... Seriously BIG and seriously fast! Not a rockcrawler at all - more like a rock hurtler. Get it up to about 45 mph and just hit a root and hope it just clears the rock....

Way insane and a lot of fun, but a whole lot of bother to keep the methanol/nitro engine running well and the busted parts replaced.

I like the idea of a slower and more controllable rock crawler - and electric motors are perfect for that application. The down side of the electrics is the run time (battery life) and heat management in the motors. I want to run them longer than they can or should be!

Hint: Get multiple batteries, good chargers, and add as much heatsinking as you can to the motor! I usually sandwich a thin (1/16" or so) aluminum plate between the motor and mount with extensions sticking out in the air wherever there is room, and then add transistor heatsinks to that wherever they will fit. That draws the heat out of the front end of the can and lets it radiate out.

no 4wd in my collection. I have 2 buggies, (well.. one and a half). Usually take it to the beach with me and go crazy in the surf. My second had a malfunction and made a sharp turn into the street at just the wrong time. Most of the electronics are OK but the main frame is busted and the body needs some serious work (or just pickup a new one)

Well I went to wally world and got one. It is about the coolest rc I have ever owned, but then again I have only had radio hack products. Its a blast! I'm in my dorm so its kinda hard to make some obstacles, but I did managa to climbup a small mountain of pillows that I made. I may go find a few rocks and devote a corner of my room as a small rockcrawl course. P... The suspension works great. I'll try and get some pics tomorrow...maybe even a video. It's gonna be great for dorm fun, I'll see if I can give her a real test tomorrow. :aok:

BTW I got the Jeep, and it definately needs a new paint job.

Edited by Lextronix

Well I went to wally world and got one. It is about the coolest rc I have ever owned, but then again I have only had radio hack products. Its a blast! I'm in my dorm so its kinda hard to make some obstacles, but I did managa to climbup a small mountain of pillows that I made. I may go find a few rocks and devote a corner of my room as a small rockcrawl course. P... The suspension works great. I'll try and get some pics tomorrow...maybe even a video. It's gonna be great for dorm fun, I'll see if I can give her a real test tomorrow. :aok:

BTW I got the Jeep, and it definately needs a new paint job.

Maybe you could hook a beer holder to that thing for the dorm room. :beer:

You guys give me the itch to pull the old buggy out of storage. I used to race it a bit back in the childhood days. Maybe... maybe...

You guys give me the itch to pull the old buggy out of storage. I used to race it a bit back in the childhood days. Maybe... maybe...

:laugh: Have been fighting the same urge to break out my modded YZ10 (the only one of my RC's that I kept)