Do we wheel our pathys hard?

Pezzy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* shakes head sadly *

It's so sad to see what some people will stoop to in their desire to compensate for their lack of, um, manhood?

I learned long ago to just walk away from them. Their problems are so much deeper than any amount of logic or facts could ever address.

Edited by mws

* shakes head sadly *

It's so sad to see what some people will stoop to in their desire to compensate for their lack of, um, manhood?

I learned long ago to just walk away from them. Their problems are so much deeper than any amount of logic or facts could ever address.

Sounds like rookiebuilder...hahaha. :lol::lol:

Don't forget that the Pathfinder was released 14 years BEFORE the Xterra... :aok: So, I'd say that the Xterra is the illegitimate child of the Pathfinder. :laugh:

that was kind of my feelings too

There are 4 kinds of X owners; ones who will never wheel their truck(it might get a scratch), those who wheel it because they saw the Xterra on the commercial do it (quite a few of those on XOC), those who wheel their Xterra and think that it is better than anything else ever made, and then those who are actually OK guys who actually KNOW HOW to wheel and have a good time running a trail with anyone/anyrig.

Sad to say the last type is a rare breed, but I know a few.

That carlton dude is a dick! WTF!!! I have news fer that dude. His sh!t DOES stink.... omg. No wonder you got so pissed Pezzy. My BP was steadily rising as I watched that a-hole flpa his gums. Oh.. poor baby.. won't fit his SAS X... TOUGH @!*%! Why bash a product YOU can't even USE!!??? omg.. I need a paper bag and a ciggarette now....

Yea, reading through that (while in class mind you) made me quite annoyed. the fact that he just shuts anyone down who doesnt agree with him/ his point of view. Thats really what you need as the "admin" for a popular message board. Glad we have this place.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Admin:

Third - Those plates may be big on the Pathfinder side of things (as some have said) but when was the last time you saw a Pathfinder really do any serious offroading?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carlton, that has to be the most asinine thing I've ever seen you post. Ever seen pics of an AZ Run? We have about 6-7 in the group that regularly hit the 4+ trails in IFS pathfinders right along with the SAS'd trucks. The 1st gen Pathy's have a far superior rear suspension compared to an Xterra, and are more capable right out of the box because of it. The front ends are a push. Approach angle is also better on a Pathfinder.

As for the mounting points, yes, I see the point on that. It would be very easy, however, to drill a few more holes and mount them just like the Skid Row plates are mounted.

As for rolling the edge, yes, that does add strength, but there are guys here running 3/16" sheet steel without a rolled edge as skids that have held up well under the full weight of the vehicle on rocks. There is some deformation, but it usually comes right back. Arizona has more rocks than Minnesota 

I don't see that as a major issue, and I'm sure that's one of the things that keeps the price down on these.

XOC can be run how you see fit same as N4W can be run however my wife and I see fit. All I'll say there is remember back in the days when no one was making any parts for Nissans and how much we all wanted more players in the game to introduce competition and better pricing. We can be critical of designs and point out the weaknesses, but simply running them off isn't helping anyone.

This guy ALWAYS has some way of putting people in their place nice and neatly... A true role model... +++ On his karma...

Just like when the EB guys where whining/bitching about him using a front axle from one of "their" trucks... This is the same person,,, right? -study-

Just like when the EB guys where whining/bitching about him using a front axle from one of "their" trucks... This is the same person,,, right? -study-

Nope, that was Dtz510 who you're thinking of. Desert Rat has a SAS Frontier.

BTW, Carlton is the worst of the bunch, Ian's an ass too. AeroSteve can go either way. I wheeled with him at the Badlands once and he was an OK guy in person, but some of his posts I have read make me wanna break things.

BTW, Carlton is the worst of the bunch, Ian's an ass too. AeroSteve can go either way. I wheeled with him at the Badlands once and he was an OK guy in person, but some of his posts I have read make me wanna break things.

People get brave behind the safety of a monitor and a keyboard... because you're halfway across the country, or even across town, I can plainly tell you you're a moron and claim the most assinine (I like that word) things, and that's ok, because you cant do anything about it. In person, an entirely different story...

I'm not all that different I suppose. I read those posts, lost my mind, and vented here, and vented on SOXC about what a tool this guy was being. If I were to hear this discussion in person, well yeah, I would have got just as mad, but I would have been out back somewhere throwing up over the stress it was causing me!

sarc.gif

I like my way better... being that who I was talking about deserved the extra S... (yeah, thats the ticket!)

Yes.. that Carlton dude definitely needs a dose of 'act right".... for a board admin to talk in such a derogatory way about fellow Nissan owners...just amazes me. If I ever met him.. he would end up with a black eye and a good dose of sct right (unless he's 6'6" and built like a brick sh!t house). I thank God, 88, Bernard and everyone else involved with NPORA everyday I log on. CHeers! :beer:

NPORA RULES!!!! :aok:

Edited by Slick

Nissan's are the red-headed stepchildren of 4x4's

True, but I think you done went and insulted Pezzy... Hmm, would that apply x2 for her ?? :P

B

Hey Pezzy, you're not a red-headed step-child are you? If so, I seriously did not mean it. Am I forgiven? :hide:

True, but I think you done went and insulted Pezzy... Hmm, would that apply x2 for her ?? :P

B

Hey Pezzy, you're not a red-headed step-child are you? If so, I seriously did not mean it. Am I forgiven? :hide:

red headed, and i do have a step-family...

I'll be ok... eventually the trauma will wear off :P

B

See this is why this board rules! No one is trying to hurt anyone and everyone seems to get along.....God that sounded Sappy! Sorry.....(Hanging head in shame) :unsure:

B

See this is why this board rules! No one is trying to hurt anyone and everyone seems to get along.....God that sounded Sappy! Sorry.....(Hanging head in shame) :unsure:

:gossip:

Bah, we are all friends here wheelman ! No harm done and my comment was more tongue in cheek than anything else. (Besides, she said she didn't really understand what it meant... :P )

With circa 1500 members, it would be imposible to use humor, idioms, or sayings without stepping on SOMEONE's toes.... I find it almost impossible to post without teasing or razzing a bit, but then thats a personal problem...

As has been described many times, ONE of the things that makes this such a great forum is that there are few 'attacks', things are taken with a grain of salt (any salt miners out there ?) and good humor prevails, Eh ? Thats one of the main reasons I come here regularly, and accepted some responsibility to keep it that way.

If that sounds sappy, well, you can kiss my @$$. I'll make no excuses or apologies for it. :D

As for you Slick, well, I dont believe I was privy to that information before, but I certainly didn't mean to exclude you. Welcome to the red headed stepchild club !! I suspect that if someone really pissed you off, you'd hunt them down and punt them into next week... Maybe then get weepy about it...? :P

Now, back to our previous program: Hard wheelin' Pathys....

:beer:

B