Forum Modifications And Changes

88pathoffroad

Here are the current forum modifications that have taken place today:

• Changed forum header and HTML body tags to reflect forum NPORA name and title.

Added subforum to Garage section for pinned Tech articles/threads.

Added new section for "Discussion By Model Year" and moved all year-specific subforums into it.

Added subforum for 2005-up R51 Pathfinders.

Moved "NW Chat" subforum to the "Community Corner" section and removed the "Northwest News" section.

Re-synchronized all forums to reflect deleted or moved topic and posting stats. If your post count changes a bit, just go with it and keep on posting. I haven't moved or deleted that many threads.

NPORA forum members with more than 500 posts can now choose their own custom title! -BUT- If it's inappropriate or admin doesn't approve, remember: that right may be revoked. Accessing that option is in your user control avatar/title settings if you have 500+ posts.

Standard issue rank titles are as follows:

0-50 posts -      NPORA Newbie

51-100 posts -  NPORA Regular

101-250 posts - NPORA Veteran

251-499 posts - NPORA Fulltime Resident

500-up posts -  NPORA Old-Timer or Custom Title

• Turned on the user warning level indicator system. If you recieve a warning from a moderator or administrator for misbehaving, your level will go up by one bar and 20%. Three warnings and you get a little vacation from the forums. Five warnings and you get banned. Warnings can be both given and taken away. Now EVERYONE can see if ANY one person gets any warnings. Sound easy enough? Please refer to Jim's Forum Rules for things that will get you in trouble.

Changed some cuss word substitutions in the forum "Bad Word Filter" system. Now it's a bit more realistic. Please still do not cuss, be civil when posting. See the above mod list post about "User Warning Level Indicator System" if you want to post messages that deliberately go around the word filters.

Avatar size increased to 120x100 (was 64x64)

Uploaded avatar image size is still limited to 20K.

Personal picture size limited to 200K. (was unlimited)

Personal information in profile size limited to 500 characters. (was unlimited)

Signature size limited to 500 characters. (was unlimited)

Uploadable picture extension types added: .BMP and .SWF

Turned on thumbnailed uploaded images when posting to save page load times on slower computers and for dial-up users. Thumbnail default size is 200x200 pixels. Simply click on the thumbnail for the fullsize pic.

Maximum per-post size limited to 750K. (was unlimited, that includes pictures, text and emoticons)

You may now upload Flash movies for an avatar or post if it's under the size limit.

Turned on word wrap to prevent excessively long side-to-side posts.

Turned on Quick Reply option in forums without it.

Set number of threads AND posts displayed per page to 20. (was 15) Your page counts will change accordingly. Don't worry about it.

Adjusted last displayed post date in several sections to 60 days. (was 7 days in both Classified:For Sale and Classified:Wanted)

Changed # of clickable smilies in Reply screen to 5 rows instead of 3. You can now choose any available smily from the Reply screen instead of having to open a new window.

Changed server time to reflect NPORA's home server location: GMT - 8 hours: Pacific Coast time for Vancouver BC, Washington, Oregon and California.

Cut Search Post Return text limit to 200 characters. (When you search and have it return posts with text attached, it no longer displays the entire post, just the first 200 characters.)

Changed default Search option to Simple mode instead of Advanced.

Various other tweaks. You get the idea. ;)

Let me know if you have any other ideas or suggestions!

Awesome job. I like the fact that theres a seperate section for all the stickies in the garage section. I was getting annoying having to go to the second page all the time. :cool2:

Awesome job. I like the fact that theres a seperate section for all the stickies in the garage section. I was getting annoying having to go to the second page all the time.  :cool2:

yeah, this is one of the best mods to forums!!

B)

:clap: WOW!!! You HAVE been busy! Great work 88! SOunds like some good changes. Hmm.. watch the cuss words.....hope my Pathy behaves in future....

Custom title for us "old timers" eh? hehehe.. I'll have to think on that one... sssh

uhmm it may already be there but what about a spellcheck type thing for us spellling empaered -alcohol-

If you have Firefox you can install a spell check extension... (not that I use it) :P

Derogate: I missed the last couple of payments on the forum hosting account, so I need to find some money to make it up.

vengeful: Click on the arrow at the head of each topic's title. Hover your mouse pointer over it and it'll show you what it does.

uhmm it may already be there but what about a spellcheck type thing for us spellling empaered -alcohol-

but that would take the fun away from those of us who jump all over bad speelers. :-)

NPORA forum members with more than 500 posts can now choose their own custom title! -BUT- If it's inappropriate or admin doesn't approve, remember: that right may be revoked. Accessing that option is in your user control avatar/title settings if you have 500+ posts.

hmmmm I don't seem to have that option.

I do, however, see the following errors when I open that panel:

Warning: opendir(./htmlavatars): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/nporaip/public_html/sources/Usercp.php on line 1563

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/nporaip/public_html/sources/Usercp.php on line 1565

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/nporaip/public_html/sources/Usercp.php on line 1581

oops... found it. the custom member title is on the personal profile page, not the avatar page. Still don't know what ther errors are for but I'm sure 88 will look into it.

O.K I give up where is the new discussion by model year forum? Sorry for being technilogically challenged. I some times have a hard time with a rubber band and a peanut shell. LOL.

Mike

O.K I give up where is the new discussion by model year forum? Sorry for being technilogically challenged. I some times have a hard time with a rubber band and a peanut shell. LOL.

Mike

lol

see at the top where it says

"NPORA -> General Topics -> General Forums"

click on NPORA, and then scroll down a bit,...