Well this blows... Hoping I can get it repaired or at least full value...

Got a call at midnight last night about a car accident at my parents... Girl flew off the road, through the ditch, and of course of ALL the vehicles in the driveway I would rather have been hit... She should have her damn license taken away.

uHoFpvU.jpg

qyYo5Ql.jpg

EeXzmAm.jpg

beOBm8i.mp4

So sorry, something similar happened to me last year. The bodyshop couldn't find any parts, so the insurance just sent me a cheque for what the bodyshop quoted me for the repairs.

On 1/14/2024 at 9:47 PM, BlueKrogan said:

So sorry, something similar happened to me last year. The bodyshop couldn't find any parts, so the insurance just sent me a cheque for what the bodyshop quoted me for the repairs.

Did they write it off and mark it as salvage brand on the paperwork? That is my fear with going thru insurance... I have a claim open right now but am hoping to do a cash deal with the person.

The one body shop I called pissed me off, told me it would be a 4 week wait for an estimate, and then they would just mark it as a total loss anyways.

Edited by adamzan

Nope, no write off; the bodyshop was awesome as they took photos of both the exterior and interior to show the insurance how it was amazing condition, and to help convince them that it was worth fixing,  and that it wasn't just some 30 year old pos beater truck.

The quote was around $2700ish. The insurance just deposited what the original quote was and said I can go on my own and find a shop that can fix it. 

I'm praying for you man: I assume it still drives perfectly fine? Honestly it doesn't look too bad: replace the grille, headlight, bumper, and realign the hood and you're laughing. 

Your truck looks in perfect condition, should be enough to convince them to at least cut you a check.

Edited by BlueKrogan
  • Like 1

I won't argue that it will depend on both the body shop and the insurance company. 4 years ago I ended up rolling a 92 and it was already in such poor shape that it was a loss. I miss it though since I found out I was older than it by ONE Day!!!

On 1/18/2024 at 10:41 PM, BlueKrogan said:

Nope, no write off; the bodyshop was awesome as they took photos of both the exterior and interior to show the insurance how it was amazing condition, and to help convince them that it was worth fixing,  and that it wasn't just some 30 year old pos beater truck.

The quote was around $2700ish. The insurance just deposited what the original quote was and said I can go on my own and find a shop that can fix it. 

I'm praying for you man: I assume it still drives perfectly fine? Honestly it doesn't look too bad: replace the grille, headlight, bumper, and realign the hood and you're laughing. 

Your truck looks in perfect condition, should be enough to convince them to at least cut you a check.

Yeah, it seems to drive the same. I hadn't actually driven it for almost 10 months due to life getting in the way. I was in the middle of replacing a bunch of parts on it and doing a mini restoration. That is the issue I am trying to convey to the insurance. The body shops around here are just giving me the run around saying it'll be 4+ weeks just for an estimate. I got an estimate on parts from the Nissan dealer and made a similar list on Rock auto. If the girl just pays me for that I will just cancel the insurance claim... It will be better for her in the end too. 

The insurance is just being a hindrance at this point. What the fskc do you even pay it for?

And thanks. One thing is for sure. Once I get it repaired I am going to start driving it more. Undercoat the crap out of it and drive it in the winter... What's the point of trying to preserve it if someone can just do this.

Edited by adamzan

• 4 weeks later...

You pay insurance to just drive on the he road, unfortunately. They don't like parting with the money the law says they:the entitled to.

I hope the sloppy driver pays -i'd be crying if I found Pathy  like that! Especially with how it's getting harder to find parts😢

I got a payout, based on the cost to repair, so saving the labour doing the panel work myself I should have enough to get it repainted

You're right parts are getting really hard to find. Almost tempted to get another parts truck...

• Like 1

Glad it is working out for you! That's tremendous! O

Too hard to find! Sucks now that if you need something highly important, you just have to let your party sit a week until the part arrives. I've had my 95 since 99, and it's a bloody awful not even be able to go to AutoZone/ O'Rielys and they no longer carry radiator hoses. Radiator hoses!!! At least, not in Northwest Ohio  

Be sure to update us once you got your Pathy restored. 👍

• 1 month later...

Aye, got the payout for the repairs! Awesome news! I agree, finding parts for this damned thing is a pain in the ass. It's why the bodyshop couldn't fix mine to begin with. 

And yeah, I had to get a fuel sender for mine, and it was just on the hoist for a week just for it to arrive.