Jeep owners.... sheesh!

k9sar

I work with a guy who has a doctorate in some aspect of engineering and he recently came into the office asking if anyone knew about cars. Seems he was out at lunch and the person behind him informed him that his brake lights were out... all 3 of them (he has the top middle one too). He came in with his owners manual and said that he didn't think it was likely that all 3 bulbs went out within a couple days of each other. He actually started to calculate the probability of that happenning but I told him that I'd take a look. We went out to the parking lot where he led me to this fairly new grand cherokee. I asked him where his fuse block was and I just got a blank stare. :blink: So I find the cover and check his fuse. it's good. Next, I crawled under the dash and found the connector to the brake pedal sensor. The connector was half off and had obviously been kicked a couple times. I plugged it back in and asked him to check the lights as I pushed the pedal. They worked. He asked what I had done..... hmmmm... what HAD I done... I then entered into an explaination of the newer jeeps using a tap off the headlight fluid resevoir to supply the brake lights. I casually informed him that the line looked dry so I disconnected it and blew out the blockage that was preventing the headlight fluid from flowing into the line. I reconnected the line and saw that fluid was now flowing to the rear of the vehicle but told him that, since I had only dislodged the blockage, it would probably fail again. He should drain his headlight fluid and flush the system out before refilling it. I thought I'd get a nice laugh out of him but he informed me that he doesn't do any of his own work so he'll have it done the next time he drops it off at the dealership for maintenance. It was all I could do not to bust out laughing. I composed myself and added... make sure they use the right headlight fluid for your year SUV and don't let them get away with using the cheaper 'blinker fluid' in place of genuine headlight fluid. They may even be able to install a fluid filter for you so it doesn't happen again. I'm now waiting for the day he comes into the office after dropping off the jeep. The anticipation is killing me. :D:D:D

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was highly unnecessary k9sar... I absolute love it !!! I give you immense credit for maintaining a straight face, that must have been virtually impossible !! I salute a Master... :bow: :clap:

Make sure to let us know when he takes it in for service !! -bounce-

B

Classic.

It's a good thing he doesn't turn his own wrenches. I wish I could be there when he talks to the service manager at the Jeep dealer. Who knows? They just might charge him for a headlight fluid flush & fill.

:eek: :lol::lol::laugh: OMG....I couldn't stop laughing!!!! That's classic!! almost peed my pants! Wish I could be a fly on the wall at the stealership when he takes it in for service! :wacko:

Alrighty we already had an entire discussion about synthetic blinker fluid, model specific blinker fluid, HID blinker fluid, halogen blinker fluid, and JDM blinker fluid so let's quit while we're ahead. :D

Great quote I read the other day... "Getting an education is like catching a communicable disease; it happens when you are not paying attention or are unlucky, it makes you unsuitable for most jobs, and eventually you have the urge to share it..."

Hey Greg, the TD nissans run their headlights on kerosene for power.... just so you dont confuse the overseas chaps...

what a hoo-haa, you sure fooled him. blinker fluid. i heard of that. i was listening to this prank how this mechanic was basically doing the same thing you did. but only ripping her off. he said that she needed halogen headlight fluid and that she needed a transmission and some other stupid things. i'll find the link and i'll post it up.

There is no relevant connection between this guy being a moron and the fact that he drives a jeep. Why are people on this forum always bashing P... and hating on JEEP'S and their owners? Bash morons and half wits all you want, but leave the JEEP'S out of it. :nono:

Hey statikuz, how do you think he was able to deliver such a FLUID performance ?? Yuk, yuk, yuk.... :P

B

did you really have to do this? :P:rolleyes:

Ladies and Gentlemen... another finalist in the "Bad Pun of the Year Contest" :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Why are people on this forum always bashing P... and hating on JEEP'S and their owners?

Because it is no longer PC to bash any other minority or social group!

And history has shown some of the best humor requires HUMOROUSLY bashing some sub-cultural group.

It's nothing personal. At least not for me!