Pics of my beast

Fantasy

If anyone wants to buy the whole set up it’s for sale. I’m putting a Turbo VH45 in it. Unless I sell the whole car.. I want $16000 for the whole car. It also has custom molded, carpeted fiberglass and alum checker plate floor mats. They look mad and protect all the carpet in the front and back foot space. They slot out so can be wash easily. They are trimmed in marine carpet so safe to be washed. Cost me $1500 to have made.

dude gotta start by sayn nice work.

althou i would like to know how you are running 17 psi in a in-direct inject diesel safely.

anything over 10psi in in-direct inject diesel is askn for trouble.

bye-bye pre combustion chamber is all i can say.

as for the vh45

:blink:

i have seen an vh45 in a GQ patrol and that was tight. good luck getting it in the pathy bay, without much help from Mr Angle grinder

anywho.

that bluebird is tough!!

btw im in adelaide

Edited by sw

Holy fondling fat priest! That thing is sick! It looks like a lot of the cool stuff on the exterior came stock... like the painted flares, the body cladding, and just a guess- is that bumper and roo bar or whatnot stock? I already knew those nice little rearview mirrors came stock. I like those.

• 7 months later...
LOL. Roo bars. You guys must have the biggest misconception about Australia. Yeah Roo’s are hopping around every ware. Actually! They deliver the mail, that’s the real reason they have the pouch, to put the letters in.

That was a bit of sarcasm.

Roo’s aren’t hopping around every ware. In fact I can’t remember the last time I sore one that wasn’t in a Zoo. Maybe if you go to the out back you may see them. But that’s not just a round the corner. Its 1000’s of miles from any major cities.

Anyways my Terrano is a Jap import. It came from Japan with the Bull Bar already on it. They must have Kangaroo’s every where as well. LOL.

ok, this is a really old post, but i have been out of the bbs for quite a while, and to defend myself, i was on a golf corse not too long ago outside of new castle new south wales and there werwe 8 roos on the 7th hole.. i have seen lots of them in Australia. i lived in sydney new castle area for almost a year.. and maybe were your at you don't see them that often but I know for a fact that they are plentiful

Those bumpers are so common in oz. But there is a reason for it, Kangaroos!!!

they are everywhere in the bush, you can even see small utes with those kind of bumpers.

Roo-bars, I know just about anyone that isn't in a city has one on their vehicle there. Just wish we could get them easily here.

That 'nudge bar' would be lucky to stop a roo. He is correct though. In the city there aren't any roos. I live about 17ks NW of Melbourne and we have heaps here. I have only ever hit two in my life. Both with the Pathy thank crist. I have seen what they can do to a car that doesn't have full protection. It's not pretty. Google it. There is another critter that also uses the highways here, and is far more dangerous than a roo. It is a Wombat. They come out at night, are dark in colour, are the size of a huge rock (only stronger) and can roll your car over or rip your diffs out when you hit them. Only driver skill and being very alert can save you from these cute buggers.

Roos down undah are as common as Deer up here.

Hey...that rhymed! :lol:

And just like deer, you don't get them in the major cities, but go out towards the country a little bit and they're EVERYWHERE.

True that. A few years ago my dad and his next door neighbor hit 1 each within like a 2 week period. Poor pops, he had just got his Benz out of the shop after being rear-ended pushing him into the vehicle in front of him, only to have it go back in. I've only come close once, late at night in the fog. Stupid thing wouldn't move, even after I skidded to a stop. Do the roo's at least get the F@&%$ out of the way?

I've had several deer adventures over the years, the most notable one was killing a deer at 70 MPH, on a motorcycle... If I lived in OZ, I'm sure the roos would be lining the road, waiting for me. Thats the way my luck goes... :shrug:

B

OH HELL YEA!! Sweet ,Sweet, ride Guy

I'm a novice on this SUV/Pathfinder stuff so don't hurt your self laughing when I ask this

1. What is the Terrano/Pathfinder?

2. Are those silver rocker panels available as an add on to a standard 95 XE Pathfinder and in different colors?

• 1 year later...

Hey all. Thank you all for the comments.

It’s been a while but I am back. Since the last time I posted I have decided to keep the car.

I have made and fitted a new stainless steel exhaust manifold, new turbo and some new pipes.

I made some 45mm billet spring spaces for the rear and wound the front torsion bars up to match the rear.

I’ll get some new pic’s up soon.

This time I used a variable vane turbo of the new Nissan Patrol.

Cheers,

Fantasy.

sw I didn't think the td27t had a pre combustion chamber?

sweet setup fantasy...i would be happy to take your engine off your hands ;)

this is an old post....

td27 = indirect inject = pre-combustion chamber. no if's but's or maybe's.

so a turbo of a zd ay? hope its more reliable than the zd itself...... :laugh:

this is an old post....

td27 = indirect inject = pre-combustion chamber.  no if's but's or maybe's.

so a turbo of a zd ay?  hope its more reliable than the zd itself...... :laugh:

The ZD’s have two different models of the Variable vane turbocharger. One has step in the shaft and a smaller compressor wheel. This turbo has a real problem with bending turbine shafts.

The other turbo has a slightly bigger compressor wheel and a solid turbine shaft (ie; no step).

My turbo came off a ZD that had bent the shaft so I rebuilt it with the bigger comp wheel and solid shaft.

Cheers,

Fantasy.

The ZD’s have two different models of the Variable vane turbocharger. One has step in the shaft and a smaller compressor wheel. This turbo has a real problem with bending turbine shafts.

The other turbo has a slightly bigger compressor wheel and a solid turbine shaft (ie; no step).

My turbo came off a ZD that had bent the shaft so I rebuilt it with the bigger comp wheel and solid shaft.

Cheers,

Fantasy.

dont sweat it mate

just havin a bit of a poke..... :D

:beer:

• 1 year later...

Digging this up with my researching...

Any of you Vets Save his Pics on your hard drive? Like to see em. Post them up if you got em. Bumpers are what I'm searching by the way.