*turn on defrost*

*wait*

(hold music here)

WOW!

I didnt know I had that!

heated mirriors COOL!

*adds to list of things the pathy has over the Xterra*

hehe

findmypath, thanks for asking what you thought was a stupid question!

Its funny this topic popped up. Last week on the way to school, it was like 9 degrees F outside and I noticed that my mirrors started defrosting...i was like WTF? But never dawned on me that such a "luxury" would be available for models as early as 96.

SWEET,

i never knew this either. question is how are they doing it? if you own a chevy truck its simple, air from your window defrost goes right into the door and out the mirror. the mirror is like a free passage out of the truck. i am not finding such duct work for the pathy, but i only looked once a while ago. so do they work with front window defrost or back window defrost? :hide:

WOW, my 97XE has them. Granted my mirrors never fog up that much, but it is capable of melting ice (poured some water on there last night) Definately good to know that that's available

• 3 years later...

Bringing this up from the dead because my heated mirrors stopped working. a few weeks ago the drivers side stayed foggy the whole drive home and now both sides stay frosted.

As anybody messed with these yet? I want mine to work again.

It's possible the heating elements in your mirrors have burned out, then. They are electrical, unlike the GM units, which simplly blow hot air into the mirrors.

You can pull the mirror glass off, turn on the defrost, and see if the elements get hot.

If that's not it, they may have separated from the mirrors.

Another possiblility is the wiring may have corroded.

Hey Everyone. This might be a stupid question but I recently bought a 03 Pathy LE and how do I know if I have heated mirrors? I know its kind of obvious but I need to know. Thanks.

I know its a crazy old post, but... if My '03 SE has it, im sure your '03 LE does.