Heated mirrors

findmypath

Seriously?! I'd have never guessed that. That's news to me... That being said, I wonder if it could serve any other purpose...?

When my windshield was replaced I was told that the strip in the windshield is also for the lock/alarm remote. Made sense to me...

Steve

OK, I took off my mirrors today, had a little peak inside...

3 wires, I assume horzontal and vertical axis with variable polairty common(ground one way (+) the other)

I did not see a heating element...

so I guess all the times mirrors stayed clear it was because the defroster vents the sides heated up the door jam enough to keep the miorrors clear or some other fluke. Bummer.

At least I know its not broken lol. maybe if i clean my heater vents again I can re-create the same phenomenon. LOL or maybe I'll put it on my project list for future mods.

cold front came in, so it went from high 60s today to 37F right now. just got back from taco bell, and i have heated mirrors! i just now discovered them :D

when i rolled down my window at the drive-thru, the hot air from the cabin blew onto the mirror, causing condensation. what better time to experiment! :rofl:

IMAG0095.jpg

cold front came in, so it went from high 60s today to 37F right now. just got back from taco bell, and i have heated mirrors! i just now discovered them :D

when i rolled down my window at the drive-thru, the hot air from the cabin blew onto the mirror, causing condensation. what better time to experiment! :rofl:

Right on, go science! LOL :aok: