Nailed at the toll plaza again ! LOL

ahardb0dy

He just wanted the picture... Mail them a picture of a check! (Had a friend do that once, the follow up of a picture of handcuffs was hilarious. Good thing for people with a sense of humor)

But in california it'd be a ticket plus 60 in fees.

I think he's talking about his states equivalent to FastTrak. I have one, and basically, if you forget the transmitter, they take a picture of your license and ticket you. However, their procedure is to then check their records for a matching license plate. If you come up in their system as a FastTrak owner, then they take back the ticket and only charge you the toll.

The violation ticket itself is $25 plus toll amount.

Edited by Karmann

In Texas, or well here in Houston it's like $13.50 or something. I have an easy tag on the Pathfinder which renews back up to $40 once it gets low, like down around $10 left in the account, auto debit.

Yes, down here they have E-Pass or Sun pass, My account must have been low or the toll booth didn't read my E-Pass transponder, no idea, I do not use the automatic refill, do not trust anyone to automatically take from my account.

I got nailed on one of those when I drove to florida. And when I went on my big cross country road trip in 2010. Kind of archaic that they still collect the toll by hand at some places. Here the toll road I use sometimes just sends you a bill in the mail...

We still have hand collected tolls here in Houston as well for every one of our toll plaza, there are only a few places where it's electronic tag only, but you know you're not supposed to be on that specific stretch of toll highway if you don't have an ez tag. Many MANY people in town still pay their $1.50 or $1.75 or $2.00 (ship channel toll bridge) by hand everyday. It's like .25 cents less if you do have a tag.

We Just recently had a major stretch of toll road open that I guess is tag only, and before it opened, they tested the camera with a Hennessy developed 2013 Corvette which ran the 20 something mile stretch at 200 mph and clocked by a state trooper to verify that the toll camera could keep up with speeding vehicles. What a job.

My wife and I got a violation for toll in New Jersey saying we ran toll booth with truck and trailer. The fine was $150, the only problem with the violation was we had a receipt for the exact date, time and lane. Paid in full. Even when you do pay don't trust any government ran toll(tax) we never did get an apology for the false charge. They the tolls never admit it when they're wrong lol! 8-)

My wife and I got a violation for toll in New Jersey saying we ran toll booth with truck and trailer. The fine was $150, the only problem with the violation was we had a receipt for the exact date, time and lane. Paid in full. Even when you do pay don't trust any government ran toll(tax) we never did get an apology for the false charge. They the tolls never admit it when they're wrong lol! 8-)

sue for defamation of character. HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE US OF BEING DISHONEST.

lol.

Out of state trucker, they'll always go after us, ask questions later...LOL. I got a no seatbelt ticket in New Mexico, and I was wearing it, but since the cop said I wasn't the judge said I was stuck with the violation. I don't have alot trust of cop's or judicial system in this great country. The people are great for most part though. Just bad policy in the judical system...life goes on..LOL

Edited by Nissanland