Lifted WD21 - You need this Part

Inyourface1650

Dudes,

I have been fighting torn rear suspension bushings for like 4 years in my pathfinder, and the rear just always rode rough. Its got a 3inch AC lift on it. Extended Springs, and Extended shocks, and that's about it. Sway bar is currently ON - though I had it off for ~30,000 miles.

And then I bought this:

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/panhard-rod-drop-down-bracket-p-6763.html

My camera is broken so I stole some pictures from the 4x4parts website:

Panharddrop_zps6fe3c982.jpg

Panharddroptable_zps00d4da15.jpg

This is a panhard drop. it bolts to the frame of your truck, and lowers the end of the panhard (where it bolts to said frame) to make it level again. My Panhard went from quite an angle to basically perfectly level.

I've had this lift on this truck for the last 80,000 miles and noticed an immediate HUGE difference when I put this on. The rear no longer jolts to the side when going over a bump on road, or expansion seams on the highway... it reduces head toss, and makes it far more comfortable to drive over rough surfaces - far more planted I also don't notice nearly the axle movement with relation to my torn rear bushings. I can now manipulate throttle and feel the rear shift slightly (so I know they are torn) but no more clunking!!!!

Anyway, I am super impressed and would recommend if you've lifted the rear and NOT dropped the panhard to be level to buy one these. you'll be amazed. My panhard is now level, as it was from the factory. DANG i wish my camera worked!!

I know GrandpaX also made these, but I do believe he no longer does (nor does he frequent this site) - so I think AC is the only game in town at the point.

BUY IT!

Edited by Inyourface1650

Unfortunately everyone who is anyone already knows about these, guess you were just late to the wagon ;)

Really? Cause they've been making the part for less then a year.

This product was added to our catalog on Saturday 09 February, 2013.

my truck has been lifted since 2008.

Calmini has been selling the for years IIRC. I had a custom made one on my first pathy that a member here made me, and now I have the grandpaX one on my current pathy, looks exactly like the AC one.

But you do definitely need this if you want the truck to ride right and not pull to the left constantly. It also affects making left turns.

Edited by adamzan

there's been discussion before on Panhard drops many times in the past, advising another company now makes them is thanked, but not something new.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/33308-panhard-drop-bracket/?hl=panhard

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/31571-how-to-install-a-ak9849cy-panhard-drop-down-bracket/

(discussion on ak9849cy/GrandpaX's and install instructions)

Looks like Krypton Fab makes one for r50s

http://www.krfabs.com/product_detail.php?productID=2

I thought Steeevo/Rugged Rocks had one too, but I am probably thinking of someone else (wouldn't be the first time I was incorrect)

Something that exists only in nismo's world :crazy:

;)

As mentioned, nothing new. BUT, this has brought it back into discussion for newer members so see :aok:

One of these days I might make one, I've just never had much of the symptoms or any of the provblems others have described.

Agreed. I have a 2" body lift and so not have the issues/symptoms some people have described but the bushings are still in decent shape, and perhaps 1" makes all the difference...

I think he misspelled. LOL I think he was trying to spell squirrel stock....

:rofl:

I think he meant square stock.

Yes, I think you are right, but only a peice or two... ;)

B

Something that exists only in nismo's world :crazy:

;)

As mentioned, nothing new. BUT, this has brought it back into discussion for newer members so see :aok:

One of these days I might make one, I've just never had much of the symptoms or any of the provblems others have described.

I bought it about 6 months ago and just had neglected to put it on. Wouldn't have thought such a slight angle difference would have mattered on the panhard - but I was impressed.

I bought it about 6 months ago and just had neglected to put it on. Wouldn't have thought such a slight angle difference would have mattered on the panhard - but I was impressed.

Well, it is the fifth link to keeping the axle square with the truck..... so....

I've had my truck lifted with the 3" AC coils for several years now and didn't know about this part. That might explain why my truck tries to go sideways when I drive on the washboarded roads by my house. Well, that and wore out bushings and whatnot. I'll have to look into these. Thanks.