Pathfinder reliability proof.

bushnut

It is a stupidity.

Here is a polish video, they are showing what may happen when a cinetic rope is badly used.

Pathfinder is being beaten from 4:10

Sad, Stupid, crazy...and interesting...For me, and this just hit me, the front end with the IFS held together through all that abuse, and lasted longer than the rear end! Everyone always talks about how a solid front axle is ofcourse much tougher than the independent dogbones / halfshafts but man wouldn't you have expected the front to break WAY earlier and infact it never did break. All the actual problems were body, rear end related. The engine of course had started smoking, burning oil but it was all still working, well enough to pull him off the car pile and over the mud berm into the pit.

Is it wrong that after all that @!*% they put it through, I didn't really feel sick about the situation until they crushed it? Still, I'm glad to have a demonstration of the truck's limits.

gv280z, I don't think there were any problems with the rear end. It looks like the back half of the chassis gave out. Watch the slow-mo at 4:20. It looks like he's dragging the fuel tank and whats left of the frame... God knows where the springs went.

So, zombie apocalypse... We're good.zombie10.gif

• Like 1

At 2:39 you can see that the coil came off its seat but is still hanging out, I would say that is the only reason the rear suspension "appears" to be broken.

So, zombie apocalypse... We're good.zombie10.gif

I would say more like golden :aok:

And thanks Leo94, that video of the HB dying is now going to be my first response when my jeeper friends try to bash the pathy again!

Those Heeps start to overheat if you so much as look at them the wrong way

Edited by tdauria
  • Like 2

Nissan's philosophy on car building: Design a GREAT engine and then build the car / truck / van / suv around that little jewel and the entire market shares the same bullet proof heart.

The Big 3 U.S. auto maker philisophy: (excluding the 302 / 305 / 318 / 350 engines, okay...sheesh) design a basically crappy car and throw a basic low buck, low design engine into every different car. The domestic 4 cyl and inline 6 they put in the Jeep..I mean, what are they? Do they have a name and people talk about them i.e. KA 24, SR 20, or 20R, 22R, VG30? No, they're just basic hunks of metal designed to be as in-efficient and simple (not in a good way) as possible.

I hate most of the waste of space and fuel domestic cars still running around this nation, I don't know why cars like the Pontiac sunbird or Buick LeSabre or Olds 88, Alero, Topaz, the K Car that somehow saved Chrysler from bankruptcy in the 80s and every car of this same ilk (I know I'm forgetting some huge ones) ever had to exist. It's embarrasing. The Cobalt, there's another one. These piece of crap basically throw-away cars. (I know South Korea is in this same category but hey, okay I'll give them a pass, they're getting better)

Only in MAYBE the last decade errr half decade did Ford start making some actual good quality cars to compete with our Nissan Honda Toyota Mazda monopoly from Japan. I'm really proud of Ford for the Focus, I think they did a great job there.

If I were a mechanic you couldn't pay me to work on any basic domestic jalopy from 1980 on up through the 90s. I once had a 1977 Toyota Celica ST with a 20R engine and a carb. Rear wheel drive, floating axle and 4 speed. Canary yellow and I loved it, it was a great car, I wish I still had it today, I'd drive it around town for damn sure.

this is al because the North American market is a throw away society. when the asians copied US cars they sucked...then they started copying the Europeans...they took Euro engineering/quality and made it affordable.

I think its a cultural thing. look at how we do anything...its all disposable, or replaceable because we feel we have a never ending source of wealth.

• Like 2

On the whole, I agree, but not everyone thinks/lives like that. I know I do my best not to, but then I'm first generation American, so it comes back to the European influence again I suppose.

Regardless, I am definitely outnumbered...

just proof of the Pathfinders reliability

I'll go with that. There was at least one convert in the crowd who exclaimed what a great truck it was...

B

It is a stupidity.

Here is a polish video, they are showing what may happen when a cinetic rope is badly used.

Pathfinder is being beaten from 4:10

A lot of people don't take recovery as serious as they should.

That was just asking for damage. The shock load on that strap from pulling so hard has to go somewhere...

At 2:39 you can see that the coil came off its seat but is still hanging out, I would say that is the only reason the rear suspension "appears" to be broken.

you can see a ton of rust holes in the side of the frame. probably why they used it for that in the first place.