I wish they offered these factory cup holders in America

jwblue

I found this on a Thailand off road website.

185255223380.jpg

I wonder if they are definitely from Nissan. I think it was made to go where the ash tray was. It looks like the Thais created an uproar about the weak cup holders in the middle console.

This is the link for the website. It begins with microsoft translator because it translates the page into English.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thailandoffroad.com%2Fterrano%2Fterranoboard%2Fquestion.asp%3Fpage%3D12%26id%3D640

Edited by jwblue

If anyone wants that cupholder, here is the best shot at it.

Here is a link to Nissan dealers near Bangkock.

Phone numbers on right column.

Click on far left column for e-mail.

We don't know with certainty if the cup holder will fit.

http://www.nissan.co.th/th/web/shoppingsupport/dealer_list.htm?area=2448&city=&address=#

I am going to e-mail them and report back.

Edited by jwblue

i hate not having any cupholders i spill drinks on the daily i had remove my center console cause my lil brother used it as a seat and it broke he learned his lesson when the parking brake went up his @ss lol

• Like 1

i have one of those things from ebay. that inserts into the ashtray. i take it out when not in use as it block my view of the stereo. and if i shift just right i smack my knuckles on it. :thumbsdown: DOES help with minimizing the amount of drinks spilt. :D

Previous owner of mine screwed a cup holder into the dashboard, blocking the central vents. It's a heinous job, but at least I have somewhere to put my drinks. Still not sure on a better solution. I guess We'll see if I can deal without the central vents working well. If so I might just leave it as the damage to the dash is already done.

• 6 months later...

I was looking into this about 6 months ago and According to what information I could gather, these were an option in HB pick ups early on and there are no more available to be purchased in the United states. There were 3 in Canada but when I called, they were already gone. The cost on those bad boys is over $100 bucks though.

At any rate, I started looking into alternatives to cup holders after that. All sorts of stuff. The flip downs everyone uses, the Taurus single DIN tray, One from a VW Jetta that was a Single DIN, etc. But since the DIN's on our Rigs are at angles Low by the shifters its pretty much pointless to put anything down there. I started thinking of alternatives that would require very little modification and be cool, like these these.

Swing out. Perhaps in a Door. It requires 4.75" though.

or

This cool Saab design.

And lastly,

Some sweet ass Engineering/Machining from these guys.

Billet Aluminum

Although the last is Spendy, I'm sure some of you Machinst Guru's can come up with a Great design for all of u3s for Fun and not Rape us at the same time. Right?

At any rate, something to think about.

stupid ash tray thing that is ghetto as hell

id rather use that spot for a CB radio

this is a much better idea

38E751C9.jpg

stolen from another thread

Edited by Tungsten

Technically since it's a factory piece (all be it an obsolete, almost impossible to find piece), it is the exact opposite of being "ghetto". Screwing universal ones on would fall into that category LONG before a Nissan made piece specifically FOR a wd21/d21. (no offense to the person who actually did that since I know it wasn't you)

Be kinda like calling a factory clinometer 'rigged' when properly installed using all the correct hardware and all but thinking your a genius for gluing a plastic dollar store bubble level to your dashboard...

• Like 1

Americans and their &^%*ing cup holders. You could take the best car ever made and if it doesn't have a cup holder it's crap. You take a crap car and put 30 cup holders everywhere and it's a success. Really, just stick one on somewhere and use it. You have that whole box under the e-brake for random things. About that ash tray thing, it's not that great for anything large. Your drink will cover the climate controls and vent ports.

Seriously..... Tungston....

How many times do you think this Forum needs to read your opinion on cup holders? I'm pretty sure everyone GETS it. You have a general dislike, hatred, loathing, WHATEVER, for all things cup holder. Perhaps you had an abusive cupholder in your family growing up, or perhaps you were ridiculed as a child by other children because you have some strange appendage deformation that looks like a Cupholder, whatever your problem be, we all get it, You're a little sensitive on the cup holder subject. :crazy::whocares:

And if you could care less whether a vehicle comes with, should come with, never came with, or was ruined by the addition of cupholders, that's wonderful, but you just keep repeating yourself over and over and over... and it starts to get a bit annoying really. All I know is I "personally" don't need to read any more about your personal preference on the subject and instead of Cluttering up every single thread containing the words "Cup holder" in it on this Forum with a comment about how much you think its pointless, stupid, unappealing, unsatisfactory, or whatever else you have to say on the subject, I vote that you be forbidden from commenting on All threads containing the words "Cup Holder" in it. :takebow::aok:

If I come across as harsh its because I know you like to tell it as it is so I'm not going to sugar coat it. :wackinit:

• Like 3

I'm biting my tounge on having to read "I hate cupholders" here (followed by "they are allright" 3 posts later) though I am sure Dowser pretty much covered the general census. Just put it in your sig or something. Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but get over the fact that people don't agree with it... no matter how many times you repeat then change it.

I personally don't have use for the ashtray mount cupholder (my JGC console has them, wifes truck has factory cupholders IN THE DASH that holds 2 full drinks perfectly fine as does my one primary work truck. Neither has "sticky sugary dash boards) but since you have such hands on data and experience with this factory accessory that you speak so lowly of, you must have one. And since you seem to dislike it I will gladly purchase it from you... I can find somewhere else to empty my ash trays contents of pennies and sugar packets.

Seriously..... Tungston....

How many times do you think this Forum needs to read your opinion on cup holders? I'm pretty sure everyone GETS it. You have a general dislike, hatred, loathing, WHATEVER, for all things cup holder. Perhaps you had an abusive cupholder in your family growing up, or perhaps you were ridiculed as a child by other children because you have some strange appendage deformation that looks like a Cupholder, whatever your problem be, we all get it, You're a little sensitive on the cup holder subject. :crazy::whocares:

And if you could care less whether a vehicle comes with, should come with, never came with, or was ruined by the addition of cupholders, that's wonderful, but you just keep repeating yourself over and over and over... and it starts to get a bit annoying really. All I know is I "personally" don't need to read any more about your personal preference on the subject and instead of Cluttering up every single thread containing the words "Cup holder" in it on this Forum with a comment about how much you think its pointless, stupid, unappealing, unsatisfactory, or whatever else you have to say on the subject, I vote that you be forbidden from commenting on All threads containing the words "Cup Holder" in it. :takebow::aok:

If I come across as harsh its because I know you like to tell it as it is so I'm not going to sugar coat it. :wackinit:

Seriously, I lol'd. :rofl:

I just don't understand this whole deal with eating and drinking in a vehicle. Is it so hard to go inside and sit down and eat and drink like a human being? Why do you need to take all this food and drink into the car? Is it so hard to wait an hour or two between meals? No wonder people are so fat these days. Other than a bottle of water I don't see a reason to have anything else in the vehicle. Why do you need to drink coffee or soda while driving? Drink and eat your things when you get to your location. Why is it so hard to do that? :huh: