What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

(Obviously haven't checked for a few day) dam that made it quick! Glad to help out bud :beer: I got my eyes peeled for the rest of your needs as well on my list of "parts for people I like" notes in my phone for pick a part runs and the occasion I see a useful part out on CL.

On topic I actually had to so one of those sad days and BUY fuel for WhiteOwl. At least this way it ain't brown and smell bad :lol: Took him on Rt28 a little too to blow the dust off (until I got close to home as its congested there no matter the day/time) and used him as a blocker to keep a tailgating d-bag off a biker.

OT We check gasbuddy and the cheapest around here was 3.79 had to fill the 88 and 94, I'm hurtin

what else did Kingman need I may have something, if not I'm going to pap next week

So I had two squeaks in the back, kinda thought I did. The real loud one was the hatch latch, the other I just found. The hatch window latch was doing it. I kept hearing it so as soon as I got home I opened the hatch and started twisting on it any way I could. Put a loop of electrical tape on it and silicone spray in the mechanism. Finally its quiet. I hate squeaks and rattles and my truck has quite a few. So far I've knocked out 3, the next one to chase is one in the front fender area. The clanking and chattering in the front suspension will be fixed when I rebuild the whole thing.

Vacuumed it out again and it made me remember what else I needed. The screw cover for the center console, every time I clean my truck out I suck that stupid thing into the vacuum because the tabs are broken off of it. :lol:

Also got an 88NA Z31 ECU for it that's socketed for Nistune, so all I'd need to do is buy the chip when I put a snail on it. Traded an M30 ECU and pigtail I had for it. So minus shipping, totally free.

So I had two squeaks in the back, kinda thought I did. The real loud one was the hatch latch, the other I just found. The hatch window latch was doing it. I kept hearing it so as soon as I got home I opened the hatch and started twisting on it any way I could. Put a loop of electrical tape on it and silicone spray in the mechanism. Finally its quiet. I hate squeaks and rattles and my truck has quite a few. So far I've knocked out 3, the next one to chase is one in the front fender area. The clanking and chattering in the front suspension will be fixed when I rebuild the whole thing.

Vacuumed it out again and it made me remember what else I needed. The screw cover for the center console, every time I clean my truck out I suck that stupid thing into the vacuum because the tabs are broken off of it. :lol:

stock console? think might have one

edit to add if it's the stock console I have a gray one

Edited by vagabond

Big day.... started dismantling my ladys 93 path se. We have the motor almost stripped down to the block pulling parts to clean and paint and install on the new vg33e that's going in. Got it down to the cams and one head is almost off... putting the vg30 cams in the vg33 as well...

Old vg30 is almost out of the truck as well aside from being ripped apart.

Tomorrow is cutting the vg30 waterpump to fit on the vg33 and then install all the timing belt and components etc. Painting the valve covers, timing covers, pulleys, brackets in duplicolor racing green to semi match her green pathy. It's finally happening!

Now we will have two 93 pathys with vg33s. Mine is the big beastly one, hers is the clean mild modded one. Lol.

Will get pics of the swap before and after up . I should make a members rides page for our trucks I think!

/>

Drove it yesterday for the first time in about a week, noticed a nice crack in the windshield !

I have a couple of those (and a nice chip directly in front of me) I don't even know their there though unless someone sais something about it while I'm driving, then after a couple seconds they blend back in with the waterspouts and grime :lol:

When I replaced a front corner light (parking light, whatever), it came with new clips to put into the panel. I used one of those under the console and it works great. It was a bit of a tight fit and a PITA to get to but the bugger doesn't wobble anymore.

Another day working on the ladys 93, Pulled the heads off of the old vg30. Man that thing was abused! So much carbon deposit...its like 1/8th inch thick.

Pulled the vg30 cams for use in the 3.3.

All parts are removed from the old block now and we are cleaning everything and prepping all the parts for paint. Then the new 3.3 will begin assembly!

I tried to clean and fix an intermittent problem with the switch on the drivers armrest that controls the front ps window. Ended up breaking the whole thing, little parts went everywhere. Ordered a used one off ebay.

Put new brake pads on it. I replaced them because the drivers side inside pad was almost down to the rivets, all other pads were about 40-50%.

And I believe that was the last brake change on the stock master cylinder. Lost almost all pressure, can't get any air bubbles to bleed out. The master is hissing really loud too even after I bled it. The brakes have been soft on it for years so I'm not really surprised.

Received the valve cover and intake plenum gaskets from Rockauto today for the gasket replacement project this weekend depending on if it rains or not.

I hear you on the valve cover gaskets. I replaced the pass side a couple of months ago. It was brittle as could be. Now my driver side is starting to leak. Yay! I'm going to take a vacation staycation in a few weeks and take care of a lot of stuff I usually don't have time for (I want to live like B for a week! :lol: )

Decided to put a set of KC Daylighters I had laying around in. Took most of the day being super anal, and I only got one put on. :lol: I was wiring while the paint on the one was baking in the sun and totally lost track of time and didn't paint the other.

IMG_20130710_204705_648_zpsc92a8a8a.jpg

IMG_20130710_204738_136_zps59fc1da9.jpg

Machined down a vg30 waterpump to fit on a vg33 block/oil pump. Cleaned off old gaskets and fit the modified water pump. Fits PERFECTLY. Swap is coming along nicely :)

Tomorrow is assembling all the painted coolant pipes and painting the upper and lower plenum and all associated brackets. Waiting on lower manifold gaskets to throw it all back together.

My used master switch came in the mail today. Now all 4 windows go up AND down. $24 shipped from ebay. Beats going to the jy to get it myself.

Just about finished painting every bracket, pulley, manifold, cover, etc for the swap. Upper intake manifold was a pain to clean and paint! It's all coming together now though. Got the gaskets I need so this weekend the vg33 should be assembled.

Bit of progress on the vg33... intake manifolds are painted..

Most of the day I chopped apart a Suzuki sidekick that a buddy owns...he decided to smack a full size suv and bent the frame in the front and mangled the body mount.... so I chopped out the bad section, got a junkyard cut from a clean one and welded the new piece back in. I'm about 7 hours in and its all tacked in just need to finish the welds and pull the body out a bit so the mount holes line up again.

Another couple hours to go but its all straight again...what a job.. lol. Sidekick frame is nothing next to the pathy frame. Nissans quality is just hands down above

Over the past three days (Mon-wed) I changed the timing belt with a friend. Along with cam seals, front main seal and spark plugs! No more coating the whole underneath and side of the truck with oil. A piece of the fms was missing!!! Lol. And put it through 2 full days of harsh wheeling at Evans creek. :) dented a door. And bashed a fEw flat spots in my rocker panels. All in good fun. Might wash it and detail the inside tomorrow. Haha. Just to see the battle scars.

A fully locked jeep lifted altleast three inches on what I think were like 33's followed us up one trail and commented on how well my pathy did on 31's at stock height with open diffs. Nothing but smiles from that guy. :)

James, what did you break? :o